We are Microsoft. Unix is irrelevant. Openness is futile. Prepare to be assimilated.

devel / comp.theory / Re: Four key objectives to doing activism like how I do it.

SubjectAuthor
* Four key objectives to doing activism like how I do it.B.H.
`- Four key objectives to doing activism like how I do it.B.H.

1
Four key objectives to doing activism like how I do it.

<3326423c-a1d9-4056-a5cd-6809e45b7dcan@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=30921&group=comp.theory#30921

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 16:04:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Four key objectives to doing activism like how I do it.
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 23:04 UTC

Hi everyone,

Here are four key ways to deal with aiding a "desperate cause," whether it's your own personal situation you have to become an activist about, or someone else. These are objectives, not plans for following them.

1 - Follow all the rules strictly.
2 - Never betray anyone or start a fight with anyone; respect consent and all agreements, and explain yourself if you're asked.
3 - Try to do service-y actions, within reason, as long as you are being treated properly, your generosity doesn't really hurt you in a way you care about, and you are being virtuous and not aiding anyone who doesn't deserve help.
4 - Respond to "obsessive attackers" who break rules and won't leave you alone by making sure that the attackers, whether it's a "chain-of-command adversary," a loosely organized team whose members have decided to go all-out to hurt you for whatever reason, or just an individual, face overwhelming and devastating costs until they fall into compliance. (If you have treated an attacker unfairly, consider being willing to talk about it; you might need superior STEM to win a fight like this, and some well-connected predators need to be ruined numerous times, completely and thoroughly, until they will even begin to consider leaving you alone. In general, you should have a "release condition" that would cause you to stop fighting, because if you want nothing from your adversary team, it will fight you forever and ruin all that you want to do. Also, you might not know which "teams" are actually out to attack you at first; try to aim for "cessation to the attacks against you," not wild concessions, unless they are "part of the conflict" and not against the rules. If you over-step your bounds, you might lose allies, be lied to and told you're invincible, and face catastrophic losses.)

I've been using these principles with pretty good success against an adversary team--the Democratic Party--that was much dumber, more persistent, and more willing to sustain huge losses to fight me, one person, than I had realized. Fighting irrational idiots is sometimes extremely hard and tedious work! You might want so little and they might want so much, but you can turn that against them...I have nothing to lose, and the Democrats, after betraying me in full, started losing everything.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: Four key objectives to doing activism like how I do it.

<5c3946ff-80ff-4fde-b4ec-67d556675343n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=30922&group=comp.theory#30922

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 16:10:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 23:10 UTC

On Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 7:04:20 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Here are four key ways to deal with aiding a "desperate cause," whether it's your own personal situation you have to become an activist about, or someone else. These are objectives, not plans for following them.
>
> 1 - Follow all the rules strictly.
> 2 - Never betray anyone or start a fight with anyone; respect consent and all agreements, and explain yourself if you're asked.
> 3 - Try to do service-y actions, within reason, as long as you are being treated properly, your generosity doesn't really hurt you in a way you care about, and you are being virtuous and not aiding anyone who doesn't deserve help.
> 4 - Respond to "obsessive attackers" who break rules and won't leave you alone by making sure that the attackers, whether it's a "chain-of-command adversary," a loosely organized team whose members have decided to go all-out to hurt you for whatever reason, or just an individual, face overwhelming and devastating costs until they fall into compliance. (If you have treated an attacker unfairly, consider being willing to talk about it; you might need superior STEM to win a fight like this, and some well-connected predators need to be ruined numerous times, completely and thoroughly, until they will even begin to consider leaving you alone. In general, you should have a "release condition" that would cause you to stop fighting, because if you want nothing from your adversary team, it will fight you forever and ruin all that you want to do. Also, you might not know which "teams" are actually out to attack you at first; try to aim for "cessation to the attacks against you," not wild concessions, unless they are "part of the conflict" and not against the rules. If you over-step your bounds, you might lose allies, be lied to and told you're invincible, and face catastrophic losses.)
>
> I've been using these principles with pretty good success against an adversary team--the Democratic Party--that was much dumber, more persistent, and more willing to sustain huge losses to fight me, one person, than I had realized. Fighting irrational idiots is sometimes extremely hard and tedious work! You might want so little and they might want so much, but you can turn that against them...I have nothing to lose, and the Democrats, after betraying me in full, started losing everything.
>
> -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)

Also, just a comment: Don't try to use this system if you're a rule-breaker, because based on logic, you're going to wind up getting treated like other rule breakers--as an obsessive attacker who needs to be pummeled into being finally forced to stop your predatory crime spree, concealed or not. So the problem is, you might have trouble fighting predators if you engage in illegal activity...that is yet another reason to follow all the rules!

-Philip White