From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: iOS 17.1 makes keyboard snappier and fixes bug that could cause image retention on iPhone
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 17:15:13 -0400
 by: Wally J - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 21:15 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> Yet again, just by opening his foul mouth, Arlen gleefully tells the
> world he knows nothing about professional software development and
> certainly has never deployed software delivered to billions of
> heterogeneous devices.

hehhehheh... what do you think I did for decades in the Silicon Valley, JR?

It's _obvious_ to everyone that (again!) Apple forgot to test their iPhone.

Did you ever wonder why they found so many FaceTime bugs when they finally
_looked_ for the first time at the product (after the kid found the bugs)?

No?
Think about it then...

Apple's QA is notorious for being horrible - where even Craig Federighi
complained in an email about it (which we discussed!) that was made public.

Just like you can't understand Russia without realizing it's people always
wanted to be a providential world power but it never had the resources for
the hegemony it so desperately desires, except by coercion....

You can't understand Apple until you understand it's a MARKETING company.

Remember, QA is part of R&D and _nobody_ in any similar high tech endeavor
spends _less_ than does Apple on R&D (where Apple's R&D spend is miniscule
by way of comparison to the likes of Samsung and Huawei for example).

*Nobody spends _less_ than Apple in R&D - nor more in MARKETING*