From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: How is this possible????
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 13:32:26 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 20:32 UTC

'Intel Hires Apple Engineer Who Helped Develop M1 Mac Chips

Jeff Wilson, the former director of Mac system architecture at Apple,
says he plans on creating 'groundbreaking' system-on-chips with Intel.'

<https://www.pcmag.com/news/intel-hires-apple-engineer-who-helped-develop-m1-mac-chips>

How can Intel have possibly hired a "director of system architecture"
from Apple...

....when only "iKooks" believe Apple designs their own chips?

How?

And how is it that Intel even NEEDS this man, if they are as far ahead
in CPU design as everyone (except the "iKooks") knows them to be?

How?

And how is it that PC Magazine (of all organizations)...

....and arsTechnica...

....and tom'sHardware...

....and ExtremeTech...

....and Windows Central...

....how is it they must all be staffed with "iKooks" to have fallen for
the idea that Apple is designing industry-leading silicon?

How, I ask... ...how?

Somebody please explain these conundra!

Re: How is this possible????

<t403t5$ffm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31051&group=comp.mobile.android#31051

From: xxx...@yyy.zzz (gtr)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: How is this possible????
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 05:47:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: gtr - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 05:47 UTC

On Apr 22, 2022 at 1:32:26 PM PDT, "Alan" <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

> 'Intel Hires Apple Engineer Who Helped Develop M1 Mac Chips
>
> Jeff Wilson, the former director of Mac system architecture at Apple,
> says he plans on creating 'groundbreaking' system-on-chips with Intel.'
>
> <https://www.pcmag.com/news/intel-hires-apple-engineer-who-helped-develop-m1-mac-chips>
>
> How can Intel have possibly hired a "director of system architecture"
> from Apple...
>
> ...when only "iKooks" believe Apple designs their own chips?
>
> How?
>
> And how is it that Intel even NEEDS this man, if they are as far ahead
> in CPU design as everyone (except the "iKooks") knows them to be?
>
> How?
>
> And how is it that PC Magazine (of all organizations)...
>
> ...and arsTechnica...
>
> ...and tom'sHardware...
>
> ...and ExtremeTech...
>
> ...and Windows Central...
>
> ...how is it they must all be staffed with "iKooks" to have fallen for
> the idea that Apple is designing industry-leading silicon?
>
> How, I ask... ...how?
>
> Somebody please explain these conundra!

In order to understand the question, one has to have mutually understood terms
and "iKooks", particularly in quotes, doesn't qualify.

Re: How is this possible????

<t40afc$mn9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31054&group=comp.mobile.android#31054

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 07:39:24 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:t0kprU3bmJKnxIivw7Ut7JAgyrE=
 by: Chris - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 07:39 UTC

Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> 'Intel Hires Apple Engineer Who Helped Develop M1 Mac Chips
>
> Jeff Wilson, the former director of Mac system architecture at Apple,
> says he plans on creating 'groundbreaking' system-on-chips with Intel.'
>
> <https://www.pcmag.com/news/intel-hires-apple-engineer-who-helped-develop-m1-mac-chips>
>
> How can Intel have possibly hired a "director of system architecture"
> from Apple...
>
> ...when only "iKooks" believe Apple designs their own chips?
>
> How?
>
> And how is it that Intel even NEEDS this man, if they are as far ahead
> in CPU design as everyone (except the "iKooks") knows them to be?
>
> How?
>
> And how is it that PC Magazine (of all organizations)...
>
> ...and arsTechnica...
>
> ...and tom'sHardware...
>
> ...and ExtremeTech...
>
> ...and Windows Central...
>
> ...how is it they must all be staffed with "iKooks" to have fallen for
> the idea that Apple is designing industry-leading silicon?
>
> How, I ask... ...how?
>
> Somebody please explain these conundra!

It's all a conspiracy to confuse the weak minded. In fact there are no M1
Macs. Apple simply rebadged intel CPUs and rosetta doesn't actually do
anything.

Re: How is this possible????

<t40oib$s4p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31061&group=comp.mobile.android#31061

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 04:39:52 -0700
 by: sms - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 11:39 UTC

On 4/23/2022 12:39 AM, Chris wrote:

<snip>

> It's all a conspiracy to confuse the weak minded. In fact there are no M1
> Macs. Apple simply rebadged intel CPUs and rosetta doesn't actually do
> anything.

No, it's the X86 chips that are just M! chips using code translation to
run the X86 command set.

But seriously, throughout the years Intel has gone in and out of the SOC
business multiple times. I guess that they feel that it's time to try again.