Besides, I think Slackware sounds better than 'Microsoft,' don't you? -- Patrick Volkerding

devel / comp.theory / Should I publish something important after I'm liberated, if I am?

SubjectAuthor
* Should I publish something important after I'm liberated, if I am?B.H.
`- Should I publish something important after I'm liberated, if I am?B.H.

1
Should I publish something important after I'm liberated, if I am?

<3fabd43b-c634-44f1-a7f2-949a50cd134bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31027&group=comp.theory#31027

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 16:03:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Should I publish something important after I'm liberated, if I am?
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 23:03 UTC

Hi everyone,

I was just thinking about my ideas about fairness and the situation with me and my innovation talents. I guess I wondered: By angrily asserting that I with withhold STEM breakthroughs as a protest over what happened to me, was I considering being too self-centered, given that literally millions of people have died, as I said?

I do want to have a good, competitive career, and I am angry and will retaliate over how I've been treated. At the same time, I probably wouldn't want to withhold something, after I'm released, that would potentially save literally millions of lives, when I would be mostly OK after the ordeal is over, and I would have plenty of money and ways to compete anyway.

I don't exactly know what people might want to publish. I think I will refuse to publish my/Einstein's theory of everything; it's too valuable in a sense and likely too dangerous, although maybe not, and I am not very open to publishing that when I could just use it to cure diseases on my own. I might reconsider that some other time.

I might publish something else, like the differential equations idea, if it would save lots of lives and I wouldn't be personally attacked for trying to share the idea. I will fight the US economy as planned while I'm trapped, but I would truly consider doing positive humanitarian actions to help the world if I can be released, especially very soon. Is that what people would want published? I don't actually know what many of my STEM research ideas could be applied to. I truly have tons of them; literally billions of dollars worth in one sense. I am really not thinking about graduate school, given that this horrible ordeal has caused me to age 12 years, and I'm now getting old, literally.

I don't mind if I'm contacted about ways to stop the mass deaths in the world via a simple publication of an idea of mine, or via me solving a big new problem that someone knows about. I should be perfectly fine on money as soon as I'm out, if I can get out. I should note that there are very few theorems of a reasonable size, description-wise, that I couldn't prove...I have been to prove "most theorems that I have tried to prove," to put it a bit vaguely.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: Should I publish something important after I'm liberated, if I am?

<ac855dd1-9666-4cd5-8ea1-e49e7847ca35n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31104&group=comp.theory#31104

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 08:11:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 15:11 UTC

On Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 7:03:35 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was just thinking about my ideas about fairness and the situation with me and my innovation talents. I guess I wondered: By angrily asserting that I with withhold STEM breakthroughs as a protest over what happened to me, was I considering being too self-centered, given that literally millions of people have died, as I said?
>
> I do want to have a good, competitive career, and I am angry and will retaliate over how I've been treated. At the same time, I probably wouldn't want to withhold something, after I'm released, that would potentially save literally millions of lives, when I would be mostly OK after the ordeal is over, and I would have plenty of money and ways to compete anyway.
>
> I don't exactly know what people might want to publish. I think I will refuse to publish my/Einstein's theory of everything; it's too valuable in a sense and likely too dangerous, although maybe not, and I am not very open to publishing that when I could just use it to cure diseases on my own. I might reconsider that some other time.
>
> I might publish something else, like the differential equations idea, if it would save lots of lives and I wouldn't be personally attacked for trying to share the idea. I will fight the US economy as planned while I'm trapped, but I would truly consider doing positive humanitarian actions to help the world if I can be released, especially very soon. Is that what people would want published? I don't actually know what many of my STEM research ideas could be applied to. I truly have tons of them; literally billions of dollars worth in one sense. I am really not thinking about graduate school, given that this horrible ordeal has caused me to age 12 years, and I'm now getting old, literally.
>
> I don't mind if I'm contacted about ways to stop the mass deaths in the world via a simple publication of an idea of mine, or via me solving a big new problem that someone knows about. I should be perfectly fine on money as soon as I'm out, if I can get out. I should note that there are very few theorems of a reasonable size, description-wise, that I couldn't prove...I have been to prove "most theorems that I have tried to prove," to put it a bit vaguely.
>
> -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)

Update: I will probably not publish the diff eq idea after all. If I'm liberated, I should be able to start my own business; I shouldn't need to publish anything, although maybe I would publish B-S-D.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)