From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Apple is unlikely to release any new Macs or iPads for the remainder of 2023
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 02:31:11 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 06:31 UTC

Apple is unlikely to release any new Macs or iPads
for the remainder of 2023
<https://www.macrumors.com/2023/10/20/no-new-macs-or-ipads-expected-rest-of-2023/>

Apple is unlikely to release any new Macs or iPads for the remainder of
2023, according to a series of predictions shared in recent weeks by
analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.

Last month, Kuo said Apple was unlikely to release any new MacBooks with
the M3 chip this year.

All existing MacBook Air and MacBook Pro models are equipped with M2 series
chips, so any new models would presumably be equipped with M3 chips, which
effectively means that Kuo does not expect any new MacBooks at all for the
rest of 2023.

Earlier this week, Kuo added that the 24-inch iMac would be updated next in
2024, ruling out an update to the all-in-one desktop computer this year.

All other desktop Macs, including the Mac mini, Mac Studio, and Mac Pro,
were already updated in 2023 and are highly unlikely to be updated again
until 2024 or later.

Macs by Date Last Updated
15-inch MacBook Air: June 2023
Mac Studio: June 2023
Mac Pro: June 2023
14-inch MacBook Pro: January 2023
16-inch MacBook Pro: January 2023
Mac mini: January 2023
13-inch MacBook Air: June 2022
13-inch MacBook Pro: June 2022
iMac: April 2021

iPads
Last month, Kuo said Apple was unlikely to release any new iPad models
before the end of 2023.

Apple has yet to release any new iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, or
entry-level iPad models this year.

If that trend continues for the remainder of 2023 as expected, it would be
the first calendar year with no new iPads released in the device's 13-year
history.
iPads by Date Last Updated
iPad Pro: October 2022
iPad: October 2022
iPad Air: March 2022
iPad mini: September 2021
--
The whole point of Usenet is to find people who know more than you do.
And to contribute to the overall tribal knowledge value of the newsgroup.

Re: Apple is unlikely to release any new Macs or iPads for the remainder of 2023

<ugvv2m$1ktbo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3101&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3101

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Apple is unlikely to release any new Macs or iPads for the
remainder of 2023
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 00:36:54 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 07:36 UTC

On 2023-10-20 23:31, Wally J wrote:
> Apple is unlikely to release any new Macs or iPads
> for the remainder of 2023
> <https://www.macrumors.com/2023/10/20/no-new-macs-or-ipads-expected-rest-of-2023/>

And?

Who cares?

Re: Apple is unlikely to release any new Macs or iPads for the remainder of 2023

<JzQYM.81676$w4ec.25518@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3102&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3102

remainder of 2023
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 09:43:05 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 13:43 UTC

On 2023-10-21 03:36, Alan wrote:

>> <https://www.macrumors.com/2023/10/20/no-new-macs-or-ipads-expected-rest-of-2023/>
>
> And?
>
> Who cares?

I do.

This iMac is a 2012 model (i7 quad-core, HT) that is remarkably good for
its age except in one area: video rendering at higher resolutions. All
other uses from photo editing to compiling code to running other OS' in
VM's, it is as fine today as it was when I got it.

The 24" M1 iMac hits low for my needs, and if I've waited this long then
waiting for the M3 suits me too. But I was hoping it would be by the
end of 2023. If it comes out first in an over-achieving Mini or Studio,
I may go that route, but would like to see a 24" or 27" iMac version.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Apple is unlikely to release any new Macs or iPads for the remainder of 2023

<uh179i$1tef6$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3103&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3103

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
remainder of 2023
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 12:03:13 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 19:03 UTC

On 2023-10-21 06:43, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2023-10-21 03:36, Alan wrote:
>
>>> <https://www.macrumors.com/2023/10/20/no-new-macs-or-ipads-expected-rest-of-2023/>
>>
>> And?
>>
>> Who cares?
>
> I do.
>
> This iMac is a 2012 model (i7 quad-core, HT) that is remarkably good for
> its age except in one area: video rendering at higher resolutions.  All
> other uses from photo editing to compiling code to running other OS' in
> VM's, it is as fine today as it was when I got it.
>
> The 24" M1 iMac hits low for my needs, and if I've waited this long then
> waiting for the M3 suits me too.  But I was hoping it would be by the
> end of 2023.  If it comes out first in an over-achieving Mini or Studio,
> I may go that route, but would like to see a 24" or 27" iMac version.

OK... ...but why do you care if Apple releases yet more new models?

Why are you waiting for the M3 aside from a vague sense that you'll
"miss out" if you buy a new machine only to see a better one released in
6 months?

Re: Apple is unlikely to release any new Macs or iPads for the remainder of 2023

<SL6ZM.8123$8hV9.2006@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3104&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3104

remainder of 2023
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 06:24:49 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 10:24 UTC

On 2023-10-21 15:03, Alan wrote:

>>> And?
>>>
>>> Who cares?
>>
>> I do.
>>
>> This iMac is a 2012 model (i7 quad-core, HT) that is remarkably good
>> for its age except in one area: video rendering at higher
>> resolutions.  All other uses from photo editing to compiling code to
>> running other OS' in VM's, it is as fine today as it was when I got it.
>>
>> The 24" M1 iMac hits low for my needs, and if I've waited this long
>> then waiting for the M3 suits me too.  But I was hoping it would be by
>> the end of 2023.  If it comes out first in an over-achieving Mini or
>> Studio, I may go that route, but would like to see a 24" or 27" iMac
>> version.
>>

> OK... ...but why do you care if Apple releases yet more new models?

Clear enough above.

> Why are you waiting for the M3 aside from a vague sense that you'll
> "miss out" if you buy a new machine only to see a better one released in
> 6 months?

My primary aspiration is an iMac. The displays are very good and save
space on the desk.

iMac M1 released in 2021. If I get an M3 iMac (or Mini or Studio), I
won't be worried about "better in 6 months" but I will be set up for the
next 10 years.