From: fp_...@spc23.net (Frank Pausbe)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Link accounts together
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 20:20:56 +0100
 by: Frank Pausbe - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 19:20 UTC

Hi,

I'm a new user and have a question. For example: a user have 2
News-accounts an 2 Mail-accounts. If it possible to link Newsserver A
with Mail-account A and Newsserver B with Mail-account B. I think,
when I write in a Group on Newsserver A that the Agent take
automaticly Mail-account as sender.

I hope my not perfect english is not completly to runaway ;-) Don't
like translators...

Best regards!

Gruß
Frank

Re: Link accounts together

<j5bfugt2eeciue3umre0q6jandhamhtjvp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3109&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3109

From: -rf-...@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Link accounts together
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:30:06 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 07:30 UTC

On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 20:20:56 +0100, Frank Pausbe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a new user and have a question. For example: a user have 2
> News-accounts an 2 Mail-accounts. If it possible to link Newsserver A
> with Mail-account A and Newsserver B with Mail-account B. I think,
> when I write in a Group on Newsserver A that the Agent take
> automaticly Mail-account as sender.
>
> I hope my not perfect english is not completly to runaway ;-) Don't
> like translators...
>
> Best regards!
>
> Gruß
> Frank

You can do like so:

1. Go to "Tools >> Options >> Posting Messages >> Personas"
and make sure you have two different personas

Persona-account A, with Mail-account-A as the email address
Persona-account B, with Mail-account-B as email address

2. For each group on news-server A, go to
(select group) >> Folder >> Properties >> Posting Messages >> Personas
and set the persona settings (there are three) to Persona-account A.

3. For each group on news-server B, go to
(select group) >> Folder >> Properties >> Posting Messages >> Personas
and set the persona settings (there are three) to Persona-account B.

4. In Agent, you can have a group which is on both server A and server B.
The group will retrieve headers and bodies from both news servers
and merge them together into one group. For groups like this, I
would suggest setting the persona like this:
* Go to (select group) >> Folder >> Properties >> News Access Plan
* Select the "Posting Messages" tab
* Look for servers in the "Posting Messages" list which have both
a check-mark at the left and an asterisk at the right.
* The server your messages are likely to be posted to is the
highest server on the "Posting Messages" list which has *both*
a check-mark at the left and an asterisk at the right.
* Set the group's persona to match this server.

(If you have two instances of the same group, one for each server,
then be warned that your replies in one instance can sometimes be
posted to the server for the other instance.)

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Re: Link accounts together

<8k7iugt7v2mm7bh59458885ddke9d26a8h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3118&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3118

From: fp_...@spc23.net (Frank Pausbe)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 09:36:24 +0100
 by: Frank Pausbe - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 08:36 UTC

Ralph Fox schrieb:

> 1. Go to "Tools >> Options >> Posting Messages >> Personas"
> and make sure you have two different personas

Thank you very much for this fine explained solution!

Gruß
Frank