Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Android 12 Update
From: lonelyda...@gmail.com (MajorLanGod)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 19:40:47 GMT
 by: MajorLanGod - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 19:40 UTC

Was surprised this morning when my Samsung Galaxy Lite Tab S6 Lite informed
we I had an update to Android 12 available. i had been hoping but wasn't
counting on it. Installed just fine.

For those who need to know: SM-P610NZAAXAR

Re: Android 12 Update

<t423og$1ubg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31093&group=comp.mobile.android#31093

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Android 12 Update
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 00:57:19 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 23:57 UTC

MajorLanGod wrote:

> Was surprised this morning when my Samsung Galaxy Lite Tab S6 Lite informed
> we I had an update to Android 12 available. i had been hoping but wasn't
> counting on it. Installed just fine.
>
> For those who need to know: SM-P610NZAAXAR

Mine (SM-A325U) isn't slated for Android 12 until May last I checked.
*Samsung's official Android 12 schedule for ALL devices*
<https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/with-Galaxy/Samsung-s-official-Android-12-schedule-for-ALL-devices/td-p/10579299>

Please let us know what you think of Android 12 compared to Android 11.
*Android 12 update: When is it coming to your phone?*
<https://www.androidauthority.com/android-12-update-3042613/>

For example, I just downloaded a score of automatic call recording (ACR)
apps and wonder if they will stop working when Android 12 is loaded?
--
Usenet is where friendly people daily gather to discuss topics of interest.

Re: Android 12 Update

<XnsAE83AA5847F58lonelydad58.gmail.co@85.12.62.225>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31150&group=comp.mobile.android#31150

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
From: lonelyda...@gmail.com (MajorLanGod)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 21:44:43 GMT
 by: MajorLanGod - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 21:44 UTC

Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote in

> MajorLanGod wrote:
>
> For example, I just downloaded a score of automatic call recording
> (ACR) apps and wonder if they will stop working when Android 12 is
> loaded?

Unless Android 12 removed one or more of the functions those applications
use, they will probably continue to work. The other possibility is if the
author(s) of those apps played some tricks to get the interface and/or
function the way they wanted it, 12 might not support those undocumented
uses.

Re: Android 12 Update

<sm0bkwpardj.fsf@lakka.kapsi.fi>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31197&group=comp.mobile.android#31197

From: as...@sci.fi (Anssi Saari)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:45:55 +0300
sha1:c7Dan0xveuvf8ulDeX6CjiGvuz0=
 by: Anssi Saari - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 09:45 UTC

Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> writes:

> For example, I just downloaded a score of automatic call recording (ACR)
> apps and wonder if they will stop working when Android 12 is loaded?

From
https://www.tomsguide.com/news/google-killing-call-recording-apps-may-11
it seems they will indeed stop working on May 11th on Android
12. Apparently since Android 10 call recorders have used some
accessibility API for the recording but now Goggle is getting pissy
about it.

The URL mentions some Android phones have recording built in to the
Phone app but that doesn't seem to be the case with mine.

Oh well, despite having had call recording for a long time, I've rarely
had an actual need for it.

Re: Android 12 Update

<jctc7hFc8f7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31274&group=comp.mobile.android#31274

From: me...@privacy.invalid (s|b)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 19:18:39 +0200
 by: s|b - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 17:18 UTC

On Sun, 24 Apr 2022 00:57:19 +0100, Andy Burnelli wrote:

> For example, I just downloaded a score of automatic call recording (ACR)
> apps and wonder if they will stop working when Android 12 is loaded?

AFAIK they all stopped working a long time ago.

--
s|b