Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 15:22:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: food lion
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 22:22 UTC

0

I had to go to the W. Broad Street Walmart again to get my yogurt product...the Walmart had plenty of it and the Food Lion had none of it, in spite of my complaints in the past.

Clearly Food Lion was hostile to me all along.

Re: food lion

<30cc2c02-b760-4a2b-abfe-78d570de33f3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31096&group=comp.theory#31096

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 15:26:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: food lion
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 22:26 UTC

On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 6:22:13 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> 0
>
> I had to go to the W. Broad Street Walmart again to get my yogurt product....the Walmart had plenty of it and the Food Lion had none of it, in spite of my complaints in the past.
>
> Clearly Food Lion was hostile to me all along.

I am thinking about shopping at the W. Broad Street Walmart instead of Food Lion. I've had plenty of criticisms of it at the Parham Rd. location, but other than the egg salad at Food Lion and maybe the lemon pop-tarts, there's nothing much there that makes the store worth shopping at. There's egg salad at Walmart too, and the Food Lion often "mysteriously" runs out of the lemon pop-tarts (or it did once for weeks, after I revealed that I liked them and bought them) and the big "big chewy" quaker granola bars that I sometimes buy.

The Parham Road Walmart irrevocably was very low-quality for years and I resented Walmart overall and wanted to not shop there, but I'm finding that Food Lion is ultimately about as bad as the Parham Road Walmart...also, I can't avoid the rude and obnoxious workers at Food Lion, partly because there is no self-checkout and partly because some of the more obnoxious workers like to stand around and walk around at different areas of the store and make obnoxious gestures directed me, now that the Food Lion facade fallen.

Note, this post is also "not service": it's just a complaint and I feel like typing this sort of thing anyway.

-Philip White

Re: food lion

<93e3ddfe-2177-468d-9564-c1f289e6416en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31097&group=comp.theory#31097

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 15:33:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 22:33 UTC

On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 6:26:21 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 6:22:13 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> > 0
> >
> > I had to go to the W. Broad Street Walmart again to get my yogurt product...the Walmart had plenty of it and the Food Lion had none of it, in spite of my complaints in the past.
> >
> > Clearly Food Lion was hostile to me all along.
> I am thinking about shopping at the W. Broad Street Walmart instead of Food Lion. I've had plenty of criticisms of it at the Parham Rd. location, but other than the egg salad at Food Lion and maybe the lemon pop-tarts, there's nothing much there that makes the store worth shopping at. There's egg salad at Walmart too, and the Food Lion often "mysteriously" runs out of the lemon pop-tarts (or it did once for weeks, after I revealed that I liked them and bought them) and the big "big chewy" quaker granola bars that I sometimes buy.
>
> The Parham Road Walmart irrevocably was very low-quality for years and I resented Walmart overall and wanted to not shop there, but I'm finding that Food Lion is ultimately about as bad as the Parham Road Walmart...also, I can't avoid the rude and obnoxious workers at Food Lion, partly because there is no self-checkout and partly because some of the more obnoxious workers like to stand around and walk around at different areas of the store and make obnoxious gestures directed me, now that the Food Lion facade fallen.
>
> Note, this post is also "not service": it's just a complaint and I feel like typing this sort of thing anyway.
>
> -Philip White

By the way, in case people are wondering why I'm so frequently discussing "food sales" services, from my discussions of Sodexo in college to critiques of well-known grocery stores, etc., more recently, here is an explanation why:

- I think work and professionalism is interesting; that comes partly from having worked at Dahlgren as an intern--my first serious job--and partly from having read The Tipping Point and other non-fiction in around 2008/2009.
- I seem to have a "chronic problem" with getting basic good service at stores. Frankly, that fact is extremely humiliating to the USA, whether various stubborn crooks would admit it or not.
- I like strategy, math, and problem-solving, and thinking about "food services" issues and why businesses don't work right, including after lengthy educational guidance is provided in writing, by a customer no less, is interesting to me. It's a little bit like if someone presented me with "an absurdity about Rubik's cubes," like a surprising provably true fact that involves a little bit of critical thinking to figure out and has the counter-intuitive/"what the heck?" factor as far the phenomenon/law being described. ("Basic customer service in stores is getting increasingly worse compared to politeness on the street as years pass?? Huh?")
- I've thought about working in retail, given my desperate plight as a "marked man" target for assassination by jealous government weirdos who seem to have been unleashed, devastatingly to many.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)