From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: DOD News Release: Hawai???i Office of Homeland Security Hosts Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience Workshop [telecom]
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 03:43:27 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Mon, 2 May 2022 03:43 UTC

Posted on Apr 28, 2022

KAPOLEI, Hawai'i - The State of Hawaii Office of Homeland Security
(OHS) was honored to host more than 75 individuals at Tuesday's
Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience Workshop, held in
Kapolei. Key leaders from federal law enforcement, U.S. Indo-Pacific
Command, Board of Water Supply, the Hawai'i State Fusion Center
(HSFC), Hawai'i Emergency Management Agency (HIEMA), and the Hawai'i
State Energy Office (HSEO) were in attendance, in addition to private
enterprise representatives from Hawaiian Electric, Hawaiian Airlines,
Hawaiian Telcom, Verizon Wireless, Hawai'i Gas, and AT&T.

The half-day session focused on critical infrastructure
vulnerabilities, security, and incident response, with key
presentations by OHS Administrator Frank Pace, HSFC Director Kevin
Baggs, HSEO Chief Energy Officer Scott Glenn, and OHS Planning and
Operations Branch Chief Jimmie Collins. The workshop was opened by
State Adjutant General, Maj. Gen. Kenneth Hara, with closing remarks
from Governor David Ige.

"The point of today's workshop is not a reaction to either global
events, or even those locally here in Hawai'i," said Pace. "It is the
next step in what has been a yearlong process by the Office of
Homeland Security, along with our many partners, to make Hawai'i more
resilient, better protected, and collectively more responsive in the
face evolving threats against our critical infrastructure."

https://governor.hawaii.gov/newsroom/dod-news-release-hawaii-office-of-homeland-security-hosts-critical-infrastructure-security-and-resilience-workshop/

--
(Please remove QRM from my email address to write to me directly)