Newsgroups: comp.os.cpm
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 08:01:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: LBR file utility for linux
From: mainmeis...@gmail.com (WIlliam Main)
 by: WIlliam Main - Sun, 6 Feb 2022 16:01 UTC

I'd just like to mention the lbr uitility which I found which runs under linux

https://www.svgalib.org/rus/lbrate.html

lbrate extracts/decompresses files from the CP/M LBR format. (It can also list and test such archives.) It does this in an `unzip'-like manner, mostly hiding the details of individually compressed and renamed files, and transparently deals with the required decompression/renaming.

lbrate is also (I believe) the only non-CP/M program to fully support decompressing files from all three CP/M compression schemes (Q, Z, Y). With this in mind, it can decompress such files directly, treating them as if they were single-entry LBRs.

Re: LBR file utility for linux

<stpk6m$14bc$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=3116&group=comp.os.cpm#3116

From: chickenm...@live.com.au (Alan Laughton)
Newsgroups: comp.os.cpm
Subject: Re: LBR file utility for linux
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 10:04:53 +1100
 by: Alan Laughton - Sun, 6 Feb 2022 23:04 UTC

On 7/02/2022 3:01 am, WIlliam Main wrote:
> I'd just like to mention the lbr uitility which I found which runs under linux
>
> https://www.svgalib.org/rus/lbrate.html
>
> lbrate extracts/decompresses files from the CP/M LBR format. (It can also list and test such archives.) It does this in an `unzip'-like manner, mostly hiding the details of individually compressed and renamed files, and transparently deals with the required decompression/renaming.
>
> lbrate is also (I believe) the only non-CP/M program to fully support decompressing files from all three CP/M compression schemes (Q, Z, Y). With this in mind, it can decompress such files directly, treating them as if they were single-entry LBRs.

Yes, I use it all the time but under Windows.

Re: LBR file utility for linux

<eda9fe3d-c0d8-44dc-95d7-ce19fcb9c9f7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=3121&group=comp.os.cpm#3121

Newsgroups: comp.os.cpm
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 01:00:15 -0800 (PST)
From: ogde...@gmail.com (ogd...@gmail.com)
 by: ogd...@gmail.com - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 09:00 UTC

On my github site you will find two further utilities which you may find useful. Both run under windows and linux.

mlbr at https://github.com/ogdenpm/mlbr
It supports a number of additional features as indicated below

Usage: mlbr -v | -V | [-x | -d | -z] [-D dir] [-f] [-i] [-k] [-n] [-r] [--] file+
-v / -V show version information and exit
-x extract to directory
-d extract lbr to sub directory {name} - see below
-z convert to zip file {name}.zip
-D override target directory
-f forces write of skipped library content
-i ignore crc errors
-I ignore crc errors and corrupt decompression
-k keep original case of file names (default is to lower case)
-n don't expand compressed files
-r recursively extract lbr, creates nested sub directories for -d or -z
-v show verison details and exit
-- terminates args to support files with a leading -
file+ one or more lbr, squeezed, crunched or crLzhed files
names can include * or ? wildcard characters
{name} is file with leading directory and extent removed

Listing of file details, including validation checks is always done
The -x or -d options allow files to be extracted
When files contain comments or are renamed to avoid conflicts
the details are written to a file {name}.info

mklbr at https://github.com/ogdenpm/mklbr
It supports creation of lbr files, including renaming and timestamping. Note it does not compress files itself

Mark