//GO.SYSIN DD *, DOODAH, DOODAH

computers / comp.mobile.android / Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

SubjectAuthor
* Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Androidsms
+- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadAndy Burnelli
+* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadnospam
|`* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadAndy Burnelli
| `* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadnospam
|  `- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadAndy Burnelli
+* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App onLewis
|`* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadAndy Burnelli
| `* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadnospam
|  +* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadAndy Burnelli
|  |`* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadnospam
|  | `- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadAndy Burnelli
|  `* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App onLewis
|   `* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadnospam
|    `- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App onLewis
`* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap AppChris
 +* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Androidsms
 |+* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadnospam
 ||`* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on AndroidHank Rogers
 || `- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App onLewis
 |+* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Androidsms
 ||`* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadAndy Burnelli
 || `* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadnospam
 ||  `- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadAndy Burnelli
 |+* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap AppChris
 ||`* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Androidsms
 || `- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App onLewis
 |`- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App onLewis
 `- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App onLewis

Pages:12
Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<t45nl1$p2t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31159&group=comp.mobile.android#31159

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android
(side-loaded app)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 01:54:56 -0700
 by: sms - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 08:54 UTC

On the iPhone this very useful feature is hidden under Settings >
Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap. Most users will never find it. It's a
really nice feature, especially on iPhones with FaceID. Not sure why
they bury it in a place that few users will find. I set it up for double
back-tap to go to the Home Screen and for triple back-tap to go to the
Camera.

From
<https://www.macworld.com/article/551757/how-to-ios-back-tap-accessibility.html>
"...it’s still one of the most underappreciated features in iOS. Apple
doesn’t include it anywhere on its iOS Overview pages and you’ll need to
hunt it down to find it in the Settings app. Head to Accessibility, then
Touch and Back Tap."

Android phones, other than some Pixel models, don't include this
capability at all, and there is no app in the Google Play Store that
provides this functionality.

On Android, this capability is available only by using a side-loaded
app, called "Tap Tap." On the plus side, the Tap Tap app does provide a
lot more functionality than the iPhone’s built-in "Back Tap" feature
since you can configure Tap Tap to launch whatever app you want, you're
not limited to specific functions, see
<https://github.com/KieronQuinn/TapTap/releases/download/1.3/TapTap-v1.3.apk>.
The Tap Tap app also allows you to adjust the sensitivity, which is
useful; when you have a thick case you want high sensitivity but with no
case or a thin case you don't want false activations to occur.

I added these as 35i (page 8) and 162a (page 68) in the document:
<https://tinyurl.com/iOS-Android-Features>.

---------------------------------------•-----------------------------------------
✓ 35 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had ✓
✓ 162 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish
they Had ✓

<https://tinyurl.com/iOS-Android-Features>

✓ 69 Pages of Extensively Referenced Information with Hundreds of
Citations ✓

✓ 100% Fact Checked ✓
---------------------------------------•-----------------------------------------

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<t45tsq$2st$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31160&group=comp.mobile.android#31160

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:41:47 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 10:41 UTC

sms wrote:

> Android phones, other than some Pixel models, don't include this
> capability at all, and there is no app in the Google Play Store that
> provides this functionality.

Steve deserves thanks for bringing this iOS/Android feature to the fore.

It's apparently an Android 12 feature which is backported to earlier Android
(which is one of the reasons Android versions don't matter all that much).

In fact, the app actually _predates_ the backtap features of Android 12.
<https://www.xda-developers.com/tap-tap-update-android-12-columbus-material-you/>
Tap, Tap is a port of the double tap on back of device gesture
from Pixels running Android 12 to any Android 7.0+ device.

Tap, Tap provides over 50 actions that can be run from double
or triple taps on the back of your device, including:
Launching an app
Launching a shortcut
Toggling the flashlight
Simulating button presses, such as home or back
Running a Tasker task
Quick Tap to Snap
... and many more!

The gesture can also be fully controlled to only run under certain
conditions or run different actions in different scenarios
such as only when an app is running, the screen is off, or when
listening to music (many more options are available).

> On Android, this capability is available only by using a side-loaded
> app, called "Tap Tap."

Sideloading <===> Installing

Let's be clear, sideloading on Android is so trivial & common that it's not
even worth mentioning as a "thing", unlike sideloading on iOS which is not.

1. On Windows, I downloaded the APK _directly_ to Android over Wi-Fi.
(My Android phone is mounted on the PC as a drive letter using WebDav.)
<https://i.postimg.cc/9FJMKYch/scrcpy21.jpg> Windows Drive: === Android

2. Had I wanted to, I could have downloaded to Windows and _still_ easily
installed on Android simply by _sliding_ the APK onto the Android GUI.
<https://i.postimg.cc/wvsbcNBz/scrcpy05.jpg> Drag APK from Windows

3. Or, like most people, it could have been sideloaded easily all on Android
(but why bother when Android & Windows are so seamlessly interconnected).

My primary point being that to use the term "sideload" only invokes fear in
the iOS user; for an Android user, it's just an easier way to install apps.

> On the plus side, the Tap Tap app does provide a
> lot more functionality than the iPhone's built-in "Back Tap" feature
> since you can configure Tap Tap to launch whatever app you want, you're
> not limited to specific functions

Apparently it has been discussed in the XDA Developer's site since 2020.
<https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-1-3-tap-tap-double-tap-on-back-of-device-gesture-from-android-12-port.4140573/>

Those who are well educated will note this "Columbus" feature is yet another
classic example of why Android versions don't matter (while for iOS, the OS
version is absolutely critical).

This feature not only predates the Android 12 implementation, but, as usual
with Android, it also backports to a huge number of older Android versions.

Bear in mind I'm well aware the ignorant low-IQ iKooks will _never_
comprehend the concept inherent in that simple but profound concept
- since all iKooks know is what Apple (rather cleverly) feeds them.

In summary, I thank Steve for bringing up this feature that is inherent in
both Android and in iOS, where I simply make the points below to add to his:
a. Backtapping is potentially useful (so I thank Steve for edifying us)
b. It backports Android 12 functionality way back to at least Android 7
c. On iOS, you're vastly limited in both versions and in functionality
--
Usenet is where friendly people daily gather to discuss topics of interest.

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<250420220722197779%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31165&group=comp.mobile.android#31165

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 07:22:19 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:22 UTC

In article <t45nl1$p2t$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> On the iPhone this very useful feature is hidden under Settings >
> Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap. Most users will never find it. It's a
> really nice feature, especially on iPhones with FaceID. Not sure why
> they bury it in a place that few users will find. I set it up for double
> back-tap to go to the Home Screen and for triple back-tap to go to the
> Camera.

it's not buried any more than anything else in settings.

there is also a search feature to quickly find it or any other setting
(another feature you neglect to mention).

> <https://www.macworld.com/article/551757/how-to-ios-back-tap-accessibility.htm
> l>

> Android phones, other than some Pixel models, don't include this
> capability at all, and there is no app in the Google Play Store that
> provides this functionality.

recent pixels offer quick tap, except that it's nowhere near as capable
as what's on iphones, plus every other android phone lacks it entirely.

> On Android, this capability is available only by using a side-loaded
> app, called "Tap Tap." On the plus side, the Tap Tap app does provide a
> lot more functionality than the iPhone¹s built-in "Back Tap" feature
> since you can configure Tap Tap to launch whatever app you want, you're
> not limited to specific functions,

to the surprise of absolutely nobody, you are once again wrong.

from *your* link above:
There are unlimited ways you can program the two Back Tap shortcuts
to quickly perform actions that usually take several taps.

note that it says 'unlimited ways'. guess what 'unlimited' means.

unlike what android offers, apple's implementation has no limits as to
what it can do, which means it can be configured to do just about
anything.

you obviously do not know how (a limitation in itself), but that
doesn't mean it's impossible.

it helps to actually have used an iphone before making claims about
what it can and cannot do.

> I added these as 35i (page 8) and 162a (page 68) in the document:

yet another thing that is wrong, which will never be fixed.

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<slrnt6d4l7.2vfs.g.kreme@zephyrus.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31166&group=comp.mobile.android#31166

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on
Android (side-loaded app)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:23:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:23 UTC

In message <t45nl1$p2t$1@dont-email.me> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
> On the iPhone this very useful feature is hidden under Settings >
> Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap.

No more hidden than most any setting in iOS,

> Most users will never find it.

Most users will never find any setting. Many users know that all sorts
of useful features are in Accessibility, however.

> really nice feature, especially on iPhones with FaceID. Not sure why
> they bury it in a place that few users will find.

They do not. Three levels deep is where most settings are. The fact that
YOU ignore the accessibility top-level settings is a YOU thing, not an
iOS thing. It is at the same level as seeing how much storage space is
being used, the 'top level' settings on your mail accounts, or
enabling/disabling 5G.

It is also not new, I've been using it for almost two years (22 1/2
months).

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"Umm, I think so, Don Cerebro, but, umm, why would Sophia Loren do a

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<t4645g$kmo$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31168&group=comp.mobile.android#31168

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 13:28:49 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:28 UTC

nospam wrote:

> it's not buried any more than anything else in settings.
> there is also a search feature to quickly find it or any other setting
> (another feature you neglect to mention).

Why do you feel _desperate_ to defend every perceived slight against Apple?
Steve was simply quoting what the articles said about the iOS functionality.

> recent pixels offer quick tap, except that it's nowhere near as capable
> as what's on iphones, plus every other android phone lacks it entirely.

Not surprisingly for you iKooks who defend everything Apple to the death,
even things which Apple themselves would admit - you're wrong according to
the articles Steve and I both referenced prior to your post denying them.

Did you even bother to _read_ those articles before brazenly denying facts?

> unlike what android offers, apple's implementation has no limits as to
> what it can do, which means it can be configured to do just about
> anything.

While you can be expected to defend everything Apple every made, I doubt iOS
has an app for automation like Android does, now does it?

For example, I have the FOSS "Automate" app on my Android, nospam, where I
suspect I can do "unlimited" things with that backtap using the combination.
<https://i.postimg.cc/bvRXdbxg/scrcpy17.jpg> AutoIT & IFFT & Automate

> it helps to actually have used an iphone before making claims about
> what it can and cannot do.

Unlike you, nospam, we _read_ the articles & we _own_ Android/iOS devices.

The fact is both Steve and I own plenty of iOS devices, nospam, whereas it's
abundantly clear you (and the rest of the iKooks) are ignorant of Android.

I installed TapTap on my phone, in fact, from Windows _directly_ to Android.
<https://i.postimg.cc/9FJMKYch/scrcpy21.jpg> Windows Drive: === Android

Can _you_ do something even that fundamentally basic with iOS & Windows?
--
Usenet is where friendly people daily gather to discuss topics of interest.

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<250420220851047286%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31171&group=comp.mobile.android#31171

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 08:51:04 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:51 UTC

In article <t4645g$kmo$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> I doubt iOS
> has an app for automation like Android does, now does it?

there's no need for any app because automation functionality is part of
ios itself.

> For example, I have the FOSS "Automate" app on my Android, nospam, where I
> suspect I can do "unlimited" things with that backtap using the combination.

you suspect wrong.

you are as usual, completely ignorant of what ios can do (and generally
ignorant but that's another story).

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<t465n2$18cs$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31172&group=comp.mobile.android#31172

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 13:55:15 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:55 UTC

Lewis wrote:

> It is also not new, I've been using it for almost two years (22 1/2
> months).

On Android, you can launch _any_ public "page" inside _any_ app, oh, say,
for example, you can launch the "reset advertising id" Settings Activity.
<https://i.postimg.cc/0NhFk5J2/adid01.jpg> Easily Reset AD ID

Can you set doubletap on iOS to call _any_ public page inside any iOS app?

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<t467at$1u79$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31173&group=comp.mobile.android#31173

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 14:22:54 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 13:22 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> I doubt iOS
>> has an app for automation like Android does, now does it?
>
> there's no need for any app because automation functionality is part of
> ios itself.

You constantly fabricate imaginary functionality for iOS that doesn't exist.
Show us how an iOS doubletap brings up _any_ iOS setting on the device.

HINT: You can do that on Android ('cuz that's what I'm setting up now).
<https://i.postimg.cc/0NhFk5J2/adid01.jpg> Doubletap to Reset AD ID

>> For example, I have the FOSS "Automate" app on my Android, nospam, where I
>> suspect I can do "unlimited" things with that backtap using the combination.
>
> you are as usual, completely ignorant of what ios can do (and generally
> ignorant but that's another story).

Tell me then nospam, how you set up the iOS doubletap to bring up _any_ iOS
setting that your fingers can access, no matter how deep those settings are.
<https://i.postimg.cc/qq4MPH3W/adid02.jpg> Set doubletap to any Activity

Is this going to be yet another of your claims that you can never back up?
--
HINT: We're still waiting for just one of your "many ways" to mirror iOS
onto Windows using FOSS tools (which I'm clearly using for Android).

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<250420220930263941%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31174&group=comp.mobile.android#31174

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 09:30:26 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 13:30 UTC

In article <t465n2$18cs$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Can you set doubletap on iOS to call _any_ public page inside any iOS app?

you're making up terms you don't understand, further demonstrating your
ignorance.

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<t46dak$fhl$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31178&group=comp.mobile.android#31178

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 16:05:09 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 15:05 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> Can you set doubletap on iOS to call _any_ public page inside any iOS app?
>
> you're making up terms you don't understand, further demonstrating your
> ignorance.

I guess we can take your lame retort as another lack of basic functionality
in iOS nospam, since I can open Android Activities and Intents at will.

Hell, I even wrote the tutorial so that others can do what I can do, nospam.
*Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/dj1OYyp6FOI/m/tC7hA9NcCgAJ>

Should we take your lame response as yet another admission iOS is crippled?

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<250420221120219670%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31181&group=comp.mobile.android#31181

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:20:21 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 15:20 UTC

In article <t46dak$fhl$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> I guess we can take your lame retort as another lack of basic functionality
> in iOS nospam, since I can open Android Activities and Intents at will.

irrelevant to the topic.

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<t46f0n$17j0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31183&group=comp.mobile.android#31183

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 16:34:00 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 15:34 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> I guess we can take your lame retort as another lack of basic functionality
>> in iOS nospam, since I can open Android Activities and Intents at will.
>
> irrelevant to the topic.

What you iKooks do to cover up for the fact iOS is crippled is lame, nospam.

While you are fabricating lame excuses for why iOS is crippled, I'm working
on improving the tutorial which I just did as Android made a syntax change.
<https://i.postimg.cc/0NhFk5J2/adid01.jpg> Doubletap to Reset AD ID
<https://i.postimg.cc/qq4MPH3W/adid02.jpg> Set doubletap to any Activity
<https://i.postimg.cc/t4YpKqZ2/adid03.jpg> Calling an Intent with a URI
<https://i.postimg.cc/X7vb5j84/adid04.jpg> Calling an Intent with a GUI

That's the difference between an educated person & you low-IQ iKooks, nospam
since iKooks can only fabricate imaginary functionality they wish iOS had.

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<t46ge5$5he$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31184&group=comp.mobile.android#31184

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App
on Android (side-loaded app)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 15:57:57 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:jCwsIOsPTWwO2/a7ilYdZZa45S8=
 by: Chris - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 15:57 UTC

sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
> On the iPhone this very useful feature is hidden under Settings >
> Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap. Most users will never find it. It's a
> really nice feature, especially on iPhones with FaceID. Not sure why
> they bury it in a place that few users will find. I set it up for double
> back-tap to go to the Home Screen and for triple back-tap to go to the
> Camera.

I ended up turning it off as I often triggered it by accident and it often
didn't work when I wanted it to.

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<t46hoa$igl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31186&group=comp.mobile.android#31186

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
(side-loaded app)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 09:20:25 -0700
 by: sms - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 16:20 UTC

On 4/25/2022 8:57 AM, Chris wrote:
> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
>> On the iPhone this very useful feature is hidden under Settings >
>> Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap. Most users will never find it. It's a
>> really nice feature, especially on iPhones with FaceID. Not sure why
>> they bury it in a place that few users will find. I set it up for double
>> back-tap to go to the Home Screen and for triple back-tap to go to the
>> Camera.
>
> I ended up turning it off as I often triggered it by accident and it often
> didn't work when I wanted it to.

On my iPhone Xr I have a very thick case so it doesn't trigger by accident.

The Android equivalent to Back Tap, the side-loaded Tap Tap app
<https://github.com/KieronQuinn/TapTap/releases/download/1.3/TapTap-v1.3.apk>
lets you set the sensitivity level to avoid false triggers.

Hopefully Apple will enhance the Back Tap feature to add a sensitivity
slider and also to allow it to be used to launch any app on the phone.
But considering where they essentially hid Back Tap, and that so few
users know it even exists, I wouldn't hold my breath. I remember when
they finally began supporting a mouse on the iPad, it was a feature that
was well hidden as well.

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<250420221317100184%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31187&group=comp.mobile.android#31187

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 13:17:10 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 17:17 UTC

In article <t46hoa$igl$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> On my iPhone Xr I have a very thick case so it doesn't trigger by accident.

that has little to no effect unless your 'thick case' is spongy foam.

> Hopefully Apple will enhance the Back Tap feature to add a sensitivity
> slider and also to allow it to be used to launch any app on the phone.

back tap can already launch any app on the phone as well as quite a bit
more.

it helps to learn what iphones can do before bashing it, otherwise you
look like a lying fool.

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<t46l3j$edf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31188&group=comp.mobile.android#31188

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
(side-loaded app)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 10:17:40 -0700
 by: sms - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 17:17 UTC

On 4/25/2022 9:20 AM, sms wrote:
> On 4/25/2022 8:57 AM, Chris wrote:
>> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
>>> On the iPhone this very useful feature is hidden under Settings >
>>> Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap. Most users will never find it. It's a
>>> really nice feature, especially on iPhones with FaceID. Not sure why
>>> they bury it in a place that few users will find. I set it up for double
>>> back-tap to go to the Home Screen and for triple back-tap to go to the
>>> Camera.
>>
>> I ended up turning it off as I often triggered it by accident and it
>> often
>> didn't work when I wanted it to.
>
> On my iPhone Xr I have a very thick case so it doesn't trigger by accident.
>
> The Android equivalent to Back Tap, the side-loaded Tap Tap app
> <https://github.com/KieronQuinn/TapTap/releases/download/1.3/TapTap-v1.3.apk>
> lets you set the sensitivity level to avoid false triggers.

Forgot to include the screenshot of the settings for Tap Tap, see
<https://i.imgur.com/PV61eSs.jpg>.

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<t46lb3$6tb$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31189&group=comp.mobile.android#31189

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 18:21:56 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 17:21 UTC

sms wrote:

> Forgot to include the screenshot of the settings for Tap Tap, see
> <https://i.imgur.com/PV61eSs.jpg>.

Steve is always well behind the curve as he's ignorant of what's out there.

His ignorance appears to be incurable, since that had already been posted.
<https://i.postimg.cc/qq4MPH3W/adid02.jpg> Set doubletap to any Activity

There is _zero_ chance Apple's tool is anywhere near as good as taptap is.

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<250420221346557300%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31191&group=comp.mobile.android#31191

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 13:46:55 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 17:46 UTC

In article <t46lb3$6tb$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Steve is always well behind the curve as he's ignorant of what's out there.

as are you.

> His ignorance appears to be incurable,

so is yours.

> There is _zero_ chance Apple's tool is anywhere near as good as taptap is.

one clear example to prove the above.

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<t46nlf$18vv$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31194&group=comp.mobile.android#31194

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 19:01:36 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 18:01 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> Steve is always well behind the curve as he's ignorant of what's out there.
>
> as are you.

And yet, I backed up my claims.
You only bullshit.

You bullshitted that you wrote code.
And you bullshitted that you designed circuits nospam.

You have never backed up a single one of your bullshit claims.
You and Snit and Alan Baker are all the same.

The only thing you _can_ do, is bullshit.

HINT: *We're still waiting for just one of your "many ways" to mirror iOS*
*onto Windows using FOSS tools (which I'm clearly using for Android)*.

<https://i.postimg.cc/9FJMKYch/scrcpy21.jpg> Windows Drive: === Android
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y9jbTtcN/scrcpy20.jpg> Start /b as a CMD works! :)
<https://i.postimg.cc/3R6nTz7s/scrcpy19.jpg> Start /b TARGET fails :(
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y93b1z0n/scrcpy18.jpg> Free Automation APKs
<https://i.postimg.cc/bvRXdbxg/scrcpy17.jpg> AutoIT & IFFT & Automate
<https://i.postimg.cc/5NrK7jtg/scrcpy16.jpg> powershell hide-console trick
<https://i.postimg.cc/g2yNftw0/scrcpy15.jpg> Trick to pin batch shortcut
<https://i.postimg.cc/XqZsmVFM/scrcpy14.jpg> AppPath & shortcut TARGET
<https://i.postimg.cc/CxXH6N2r/scrcpy13.jpg> No scrcpy console window!
<https://i.postimg.cc/yYKNnHxD/scrcpy12.jpg> REG test of showwin.lnk
<https://i.postimg.cc/7LWJhWxq/scrcpy11.jpg> Shortcut test of showwin.lnk
<https://i.postimg.cc/fyWw2nXh/scrcpy10.jpg> The console came up :(
<https://i.postimg.cc/66Gn2t2g/scrcpy09.jpg> REG test of showwin.bat
<https://i.postimg.cc/nV6K0Cfn/scrcpy08.jpg> CMD test of showwin.bat
<https://i.postimg.cc/hjkVFyqJ/scrcpy07.jpg> Android mnt as drive letter
<https://i.postimg.cc/Sx1hgWmY/scrcpy06.jpg> Press two hardware buttons
<https://i.postimg.cc/wvsbcNBz/scrcpy05.jpg> Drag APK from Windows
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y00vx4yp/scrcpy04.jpg> Extraneous cmd window (&)
<https://i.postimg.cc/Vvrq0K0m/scrcpy03.jpg> The efficient setup explained
<https://i.postimg.cc/tTmdgKTB/scrcpy02.jpg> An efficient program setup
<https://i.postimg.cc/N0G1TXcZ/scrcpy01.jpg> Mirror Android on any PC

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<t46vhh$7dk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31198&group=comp.mobile.android#31198

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
on Android (side-loaded app)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 20:15:45 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:R4Gi872WR1yDHf604zC4cy98xW8=
 by: Chris - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 20:15 UTC

sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
> On 4/25/2022 8:57 AM, Chris wrote:
>> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
>>> On the iPhone this very useful feature is hidden under Settings >
>>> Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap. Most users will never find it. It's a
>>> really nice feature, especially on iPhones with FaceID. Not sure why
>>> they bury it in a place that few users will find. I set it up for double
>>> back-tap to go to the Home Screen and for triple back-tap to go to the
>>> Camera.
>>
>> I ended up turning it off as I often triggered it by accident and it often
>> didn't work when I wanted it to.
>
> On my iPhone Xr I have a very thick case so it doesn't trigger by accident.
>
> The Android equivalent to Back Tap, the side-loaded Tap Tap app
> <https://github.com/KieronQuinn/TapTap/releases/download/1.3/TapTap-v1.3.apk>
> lets you set the sensitivity level to avoid false triggers.
>
> Hopefully Apple will enhance the Back Tap feature to add a sensitivity
> slider and also to allow it to be used to launch any app on the phone.
> But considering where they essentially hid Back Tap, and that so few
> users know it even exists, I wouldn't hold my breath.

It was heavily talked about when it was first introduced. Together with
shortcuts it can be made to do almost anything.

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<slrnt6e0k1.1c1n.g.kreme@zephyrus.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31199&group=comp.mobile.android#31199

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Android (side-loaded app)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 20:20:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 20:20 UTC

In message <250420220930263941%nospam@nospam.invalid> nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <t465n2$18cs$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
> <spam@nospam.com> wrote:

>> Can you set doubletap on iOS to call _any_ public page inside any iOS app?

> you're making up terms you don't understand, further demonstrating your
> ignorance.

And you can setup back tap to do *anything*, including run shortcuts
(which is what I have my phone set to do for two and three taps).

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain, but would Danish flies work just as well?"

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<slrnt6e0ps.1c1n.g.kreme@zephyrus.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31200&group=comp.mobile.android#31200

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Android (side-loaded app)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 20:23:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 20:23 UTC

In message <t46ge5$5he$1@dont-email.me> Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com> wrote:
> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
>> On the iPhone this very useful feature is hidden under Settings >
>> Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap. Most users will never find it. It's a
>> really nice feature, especially on iPhones with FaceID. Not sure why
>> they bury it in a place that few users will find. I set it up for double
>> back-tap to go to the Home Screen and for triple back-tap to go to the
>> Camera.

> I ended up turning it off as I often triggered it by accident and it often
> didn't work when I wanted it to.

I use the double-tap several times a day every day. I use the
triple-tap most days. It is very rare that it fails to work, and usually
that is because I didn't tap quickly enough.

--
Women like silent men, they think they're listening.

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<slrnt6e0v2.1c1n.g.kreme@zephyrus.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31201&group=comp.mobile.android#31201

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Android (side-loaded app)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 20:26:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 20:26 UTC

In message <t46hoa$igl$1@dont-email.me> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
> Hopefully Apple will enhance the Back Tap feature to add a sensitivity
> slider and also to allow it to be used to launch any app on the phone.

Once again, you demonstrate that you know nothing about iPhones and
have likely never used one.

Not only can you launch any app you want, you can do just about anything
you want with the back tap.

> But considering where they essentially hid Back Tap

It's not hidden, you are just completely ignorant about the iPhone.

--
'Things either exist or they don't,' said Jeremy. 'I am very clear
about that. I have medicine.' --The Thief of Time

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<t470h2$fgo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31203&group=comp.mobile.android#31203

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
(side-loaded app)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 13:32:33 -0700
 by: sms - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 20:32 UTC

On 4/25/2022 1:15 PM, Chris wrote:

<snip>

> It was heavily talked about when it was first introduced. Together with
> shortcuts it can be made to do almost anything.

Yes, using it in conjunction with Shortcuts makes sense
<https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/apple/tap-open-apps-ios-14-3790878/>
but it'd be nice to be able to directly map an app to Back Tap without
going through 13 steps!

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<250420221711545170%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31204&group=comp.mobile.android#31204

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 17:11:54 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 21:11 UTC

In article <slrnt6e0k1.1c1n.g.kreme@zephyrus.local>, Lewis
<g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

> And you can setup back tap to do *anything*, including run shortcuts
> (which is what I have my phone set to do for two and three taps).

well not quite anything.

it can't stop sms and arlen from trolling and posting stupid shit
that's easily debunked.