A computer scientist is someone who fixes things that aren't broken.

devel / comp.theory / cia

SubjectAuthor
* ciaB.H.
`* ciaolcott
 `* ciaB.H.
  `* ciaolcott
   `* ciaB.H.
    `- ciaolcott

1
cia

<32ef7054-3592-4cb8-9908-d735f03cba57n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31185&group=comp.theory#31185

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 13:00:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: cia
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 20:00 UTC

0

You shouldn't be watching my internet purchases and downloads, that's illegal.

Re: cia

<t4hjhf$cen$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31190&group=comp.theory#31190

From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: cia
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 15:58:22 -0500
 by: olcott - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 20:58 UTC

On 4/29/2022 3:00 PM, B.H. wrote:

> 0
>
> You shouldn't be watching my internet purchases and downloads, that's illegal.

The CIA could go to prison if they were watching you. It is strictly
against the law for them to watch US citizens. It is possible (although
probably doubtful) that the FBI are watching you. If anyone is watching
you it would be more likely the local PD. They would not be able to get
the FBI involved unless they found something.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: cia

<98fb3a64-1d48-49ec-9a8b-d2d3253ddad2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31192&group=comp.theory#31192

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 14:27:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 21:27 UTC

On Friday, April 29, 2022 at 4:58:26 PM UTC-4, olcott wrote:
> On 4/29/2022 3:00 PM, B.H. wrote:
> >
> > 0
> >
> > You shouldn't be watching my internet purchases and downloads, that's illegal.
> The CIA could go to prison if they were watching you. It is strictly
> against the law for them to watch US citizens. It is possible (although
> probably doubtful) that the FBI are watching you. If anyone is watching
> you it would be more likely the local PD. They would not be able to get
> the FBI involved unless they found something.
> --
> Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

You don't understand government. DOJ has prosecutorial discretion and attorney general HR issues are handled by Congress/WH. Of course CIA checked its ability to avoid prosecution with their political cronies before beginning their crime spree.

-Philip White

Re: cia

<RbydnbWpS6TfxPH_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31194&group=comp.theory#31194

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 16:31:47 -0500
Newsgroups: comp.theory
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 21:31 UTC

On 4/29/2022 4:27 PM, B.H. wrote:
> On Friday, April 29, 2022 at 4:58:26 PM UTC-4, olcott wrote:
>> On 4/29/2022 3:00 PM, B.H. wrote:
>>>
>>> 0
>>>
>>> You shouldn't be watching my internet purchases and downloads, that's illegal.
>> The CIA could go to prison if they were watching you. It is strictly
>> against the law for them to watch US citizens. It is possible (although
>> probably doubtful) that the FBI are watching you. If anyone is watching
>> you it would be more likely the local PD. They would not be able to get
>> the FBI involved unless they found something.
>> --
>> Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
>> Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer
>
> You don't understand government. DOJ has prosecutorial discretion and attorney general HR issues are handled by Congress/WH. Of course CIA checked its ability to avoid prosecution with their political cronies before beginning their crime spree.
>
> -Philip White

I don't think that they would bother to take that risk, they would
simply tell the FBI.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: cia

<5756b79b-5ed3-4985-bd63-29c45f6fde7bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31195&group=comp.theory#31195

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 14:37:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 21:37 UTC

On Friday, April 29, 2022 at 5:31:53 PM UTC-4, olcott wrote:
> On 4/29/2022 4:27 PM, B.H. wrote:

> >> The CIA could go to prison if they were watching you. It is strictly
> >> against the law for them to watch US citizens. It is possible (although
> >> probably doubtful) that the FBI are watching you. If anyone is watching
> >> you it would be more likely the local PD. They would not be able to get
> >> the FBI involved unless they found something.
> >> --
> >> Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> >> Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer
> >
> > You don't understand government. DOJ has prosecutorial discretion and attorney general HR issues are handled by Congress/WH. Of course CIA checked its ability to avoid prosecution with their political cronies before beginning their crime spree.
> >
> > -Philip White
> I don't think that they would bother to take that risk, they would
> simply tell the FBI.
> --
> Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott
>
> "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> Genius hits a target no one else can see."
> Arthur Schopenhauer

The FBI does not operate without supervision. It can be investigated by the Office of Professional Responsibility, and ultimately, the Attorney General is responsible for leading the whole Department of Justice, which the FBI is part of.

I don't know how federal prosecutors, FBI, etc. work out prosecutorial discretion issues, but I'm sure George W. Bush made sure to have his highly partisan Attorney General cause firings/ousters of some high-ranking DOJ officials who might stand in the way of Bush having an HR-wise deck-stacked DOJ that would do the bidding of politicians. It was just a question of getting rid of personnel who were too ethical and unlikely to bow to Bush, and later his successors.

-Philip White

Re: cia

<3PadnYOMa-qMxvH_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31196&group=comp.theory#31196

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 16:39:30 -0500
Newsgroups: comp.theory
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 21:39 UTC

On 4/29/2022 4:37 PM, B.H. wrote:
> On Friday, April 29, 2022 at 5:31:53 PM UTC-4, olcott wrote:

>>> You don't understand government. DOJ has prosecutorial discretion and attorney general HR issues are handled by Congress/WH. Of course CIA checked its ability to avoid prosecution with their political cronies before beginning their crime spree.
>>>
>>> -Philip White
>> I don't think that they would bother to take that risk, they would
>> simply tell the FBI.
>> --
>> Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott
>>
>> "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
>> Genius hits a target no one else can see."
>> Arthur Schopenhauer
>
> The FBI does not operate without supervision. It can be investigated by the Office of Professional Responsibility, and ultimately, the Attorney General is responsible for leading the whole Department of Justice, which the FBI is part of.

That is a good point.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer