From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Why does the phone not get tunein, but the pc using it as a hotspot does?
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 22:15:10 +0300
 by: micky - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 19:15 UTC

Why does the phone not get tunein, but the pc using it as a hotspot
does?

I had a weak or intermittend cellular data signal from Friday night or
Saturday morning until Sunday morning. It seems better now but I wonder
if this is more t han a coincidence.

When the signal was bad, I could not use Tune-in on the phone or the PC.
It was intermittent, mostly not there. The PC (laptop) is using the
phone as a hotspot, so it's not surprising if it doesn't work in one
place, it won't work in the other. Email and the web worked
intermittently too, mostly not.

My celular signal readout apps both showed it marginal. Details on
request.

I was out all day Sunday and this evening the laptop was/is working much
better. For example, I could use Tune-in to listen to a US radio
station. But at the same time on the phone it always says "Unable to
reach Tunein".

So if the laptop can reach it (thought the separate Tunein program) how
can it be that the android phone cannot?

It must be a fault in the phne, yes? Includng possibly the app. And I
should uninstall and reinstall the app? But the Samsung webbrowser
can't find google.com "this site can't be reached". That's been true
all day. So is the phone finished? Ready for the recycler? The maps
still work and some other things. I haven't tried every app.

Re: Why does the phone not get tunein, but the pc using it as a hotspot does?

<nu4e6h5eofm2834uikjd828h08506c7plb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31206&group=comp.mobile.android#31206

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 00:41:26 +0300
 by: micky - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 21:41 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 24 Apr 2022 22:15:10 +0300, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>Why does the phone not get tunein, but the pc using it as a hotspot
>does?
>
>I had a weak or intermittend cellular data signal from Friday night or
>Saturday morning until Sunday morning. It seems better now but I wonder
>if this is more t han a coincidence.

I'm surprised no one gave an answer, not even a sarcastic one.

It got worse. Web browser woudn't work. GPS showed me miles away.
Finally phone calls had distorted sound. EVen the Whatsapp picture of
the guy calling me was fussy.

He figured it out. Restart the phone!!!!

His picture was no longer fuzzy, the phone was clear, and Tune-in
worked. I'm sure the webbrowser does too.

More below.

>When the signal was bad, I could not use Tune-in on the phone or the PC.
>It was intermittent, mostly not there. The PC (laptop) is using the
>phone as a hotspot, so it's not surprising if it doesn't work in one
>place, it won't work in the other. Email and the web worked
>intermittently too, mostly not.
>
>My celular signal readout apps both showed it marginal. Details on
>request.

I guess one of these wasn't working right either. They usually show
the same value, but yesterday one showed just below good and the other
showed all the way to the right. I dont' think I'd ever seen the
strength meter show the maximum before.

No, that has not changed.
Network Signal Info Pro shows -82 and
Network Cell Info shows -49, as high as it goes.
That must be wrong so the other one may be right.
We shall see.

>I was out all day Sunday and this evening the laptop was/is working much
>better. For example, I could use Tune-in to listen to a US radio
>station. But at the same time on the phone it always says "Unable to
>reach Tunein".
>
>So if the laptop can reach it (thought the separate Tunein program) how
>can it be that the android phone cannot?
>
>It must be a fault in the phne, yes? Includng possibly the app. And I
>should uninstall and reinstall the app? But the Samsung webbrowser
>can't find google.com "this site can't be reached". That's been true
>all day. So is the phone finished? Ready for the recycler? The maps
>still work and some other things. I haven't tried every app.

Re: Why does the phone not get tunein, but the pc using it as a hotspot does?

<t485bj$nvp$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31220&group=comp.mobile.android#31220

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Why does the phone not get tunein, but the pc using it as a
hotspot does?
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 09:01:07 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 07:01 UTC

Am 25.04.22 um 23:41 schrieb micky:
> In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 24 Apr 2022 22:15:10 +0300, micky
> <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
>
>> Why does the phone not get tunein, but the pc using it as a hotspot
>> does?
>>
>> I had a weak or intermittend cellular data signal from Friday night or
>> Saturday morning until Sunday morning. It seems better now but I wonder
>> if this is more t han a coincidence.
>
> I'm surprised no one gave an answer, not even a sarcastic one.
>
> It got worse. Web browser woudn't work. GPS showed me miles away.
> Finally phone calls had distorted sound. EVen the Whatsapp picture of
> the guy calling me was fussy.
>
> He figured it out. Restart the phone!!!!

That is always the first aid step. On all systems.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Why does the phone not get tunein, but the pc using it as a hotspot does?

<d19h6hd948lko5rctma0qut64tlr3raa79@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31261&group=comp.mobile.android#31261

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 05:03:21 +0300
 by: micky - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 02:03 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Tue, 26 Apr 2022 09:01:07 +0200, Joerg Lorenz
<hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:

>Am 25.04.22 um 23:41 schrieb micky:
>> In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 24 Apr 2022 22:15:10 +0300, micky
>> <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Why does the phone not get tunein, but the pc using it as a hotspot
>>> does?
>>>
>>> I had a weak or intermittend cellular data signal from Friday night or
>>> Saturday morning until Sunday morning. It seems better now but I wonder
>>> if this is more t han a coincidence.
>>
>> I'm surprised no one gave an answer, not even a sarcastic one.
>>
>> It got worse. Web browser woudn't work. GPS showed me miles away.
>> Finally phone calls had distorted sound. EVen the Whatsapp picture of
>> the guy calling me was fussy.
>>
>> He figured it out. Restart the phone!!!!
>
>That is always the first aid step. On all systems.

Not only that, I just installed a widget for a Mute Audio app that
didnt' work and did work after restarting. I don't know if that's the
reason -- it might have been sunspots -- but it seems so.