From: mon...@roscom.com (Monty Solomon)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: AT&T tries pushing customers to new wireless plans with price hikes on old ones [telecom]
Date: 3 May 2022 23:09:48 -0400
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Monty Solomon - Wed, 4 May 2022 03:09 UTC

Unlimited and Mobile Share plans could cost up to $6 a month more for a single line

In a bid to push people to its newer plans, AT&T is raising the price
of some of its older Unlimited and Mobile Share plans. Single-line
users will see up to a $6 a month increase, and people with family
plans could have up to $12 a month added to their bills, according to
Bloomberg.

In a statement to The Verge, AT&T spokesperson Seth Bloom said,
"we are encouraging our customers to explore our newer plans
which offer many additional features, more flexibility for each line
on their account and, in many cases, a lower monthly cost."
AT&T also said that affected customers started finding out this week
and that the price changes will go into effect starting June 1st.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/5/3/23055583/att-price-increase-unlimited-mobile-share-plans-newer-options