From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: Tower Climbers Organizing Update [telecom]
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 13:19:41 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Fri, 6 May 2022 13:19 UTC

On May 1, International Workers' Day, founding members of the Tower
Climbers Union (TCU)/CWA held a national town hall to share their
vision for the future and developments in their efforts to improve
conditions and standards in the wireless industry. During this
historic, first of its kind event members discussed topics impacting
workers including work/life balance, health and safety, industry
pricing and wages, working conditions, and more.

"One of the issues in our industry is the culture and the things that
are taught to us young. Things like working from sunup to sundown and
if you leave early you feel this guilt," said tower climber and
TCU/CWA East Coast Organizer Carl Milloy. "There is always this saying
in our industry: 'either you have all the time and no money, or all
the money and no time.' I think it's long past due that we stand
together and we make the changes needed."

https://cwa-union.org/news/organizing-update-156#:~:text=Tower%20Climbers&text=%E2%80%9COne%20of%20the%20issues%20in,East%20Coast%20Organizer%20Carl%20Milloy.

--
(Please remove QRM from my email address to write to me directly)