From: nom...@hotmail.com (Edmund)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: New Install Mint203 Mate Filebrowser caja problem
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:29:03 +0100
 by: Edmund - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 09:29 UTC

New Install Mint203 Mate Filebrowser caja problem.

i guys,after a fresh install with Mate DE this time I noticed the file
browser doesn't have an option to automatically rename duplicate files (
photos ).

So I tried another file browser Thunar which has such option, great.
Little problem there is no way to make this file browser default.
So I tried a workaround by uninstalling that annoying caja, that worked
and now the icons "home" and "computer "on my desktop are gone.

Any suggestions how to fix it, or should I go back to XFCE DE?

Thanks
Edmund

--
“The further a society drift from the truth,
the more it will hate those who speak it”

George Orwell