From: thi...@address.is.invalid (mike)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware,alt.msdos.batch
Subject: Re: task manager
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 23:44:56 +0530
 by: mike - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 18:14 UTC

On 06-02-2023 22:44 VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:

> Also see replies to where you also MULTI-posted, like alt.comp.freeware.

Nobody replied but you but I'll respond to both newsgroups if you like.
And, since it's turning into a batch command search, I'll add another.

Thanks for your suggestion of looking at https://superuser.com/a/1419186
Which first suggests this powershell command which needs a longer sleep

While(1) {ps | sort -des cpu | select -f 15 | ft -a; sleep 1; cls}
I changed that to a ten second sleep which works better than 1 second.
While(1) {ps | sort -des cpu | select -f 15 | ft -a; sleep 10; cls}
Then I got rid of the clearscreen so that the history is preserved.
While(1) {ps | sort -des cpu | select -f 15 | ft -a; sleep 5}

Next time the machine is slowing down, I'll try it to see if it identifies
what process is doing all the i/o that seems to be going on at times.

Later was another similar suggestion which was easier to understand.
while (1) { ps | sort -desc cpu | select -first 30; sleep -seconds 2; cls }
while (1) { ps | sort -desc cpu | select -first 5; sleep -seconds 10; cls }

A later findstring suggestion helps pin down the high-use process.
while (1) { Ps |Findstr explorer | Sort -desc cpu | Select -first 30; Sleep -seconds 2; Cls }
while (1) { Ps |Findstr explorer | Sort -desc cpu | Select -first 30; Sleep -seconds 2; }

Same with the next suggestion in that helpful superuser thread you found.
While(1) { $p = get-counter '\Process(*)\% Processor Time'; cls; $p.CounterSamples | sort -des CookedValue | select -f 15 | ft -a}
Which I changed to add a ten second sleep and a clearscreen after that.
While(1) { $p = get-counter '\Process(*)\% Processor Time'; cls; $p.CounterSamples | sort -des CookedValue | select -f 15 | ft -a; sleep -seconds 10; cls }

There is also the suggestion you mentioned of testing out Windows ntop.
https://github.com/gsass1/NTop
https://github.com/gsass1/NTop/releases/tag/v0.3.4
https://github.com/gsass1/NTop/releases/download/v0.3.4/ntop.exe

Thank you for those excellent suggestions, which I will test out.

It may take a couple of days before I have something working to do what I
want which is just to list what is making my machine slow down sometimes.

I'll let you know how they worked after I run a few tests since it's
important to nail down which process is slowing down the machine the most.

Re: task manager

<trrhmk$ho01$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=314&group=alt.msdos.batch#314

From: thi...@address.is.invalid (mike)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware,alt.msdos.batch
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 12:42:42 -0600
 by: mike - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 18:42 UTC

On 06-02-2023 12:14 mike <this@address.is.invalid> wrote:

> I'll let you know how they worked after I run a few tests since it's
> important to nail down which process is slowing down the machine the most.

I also installed Memory Hogs but it's seems to be a very strange program
which will take some getting used to even as the author is reputable.

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/01/23/memory-hogs/
http://michaels-tech-notes.info/software-database/
https://www.michaels-tech-notes.info/app/download/3888974/MemoryHogs.exe

Re: task manager

<de81a742-4c0b-4c54-b6e7-03317e1e41ebn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=421&group=alt.msdos.batch#421

Newsgroups: alt.msdos.batch
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 05:41:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: yyyyyyyy...@gmail.com (Angel)
 by: Angel - Fri, 7 Apr 2023 12:41 UTC

What do You think of making together business in programming field ?
I have developed a chat script, that is fast and easy to use. Because it uses a small database system data.php.
groups.google.com/g/airplane/c/D7cxKuHvccQ

Chat pages made with this:

youthmeetupplace.talk4fun.net/a.php

If You are willing to make business with me, then e-mail me: y000000000000@@@@@@ya.ee or call: (+372) 56091196

Kristjan Robam from Estonia.