Let's call it an accidental feature. -- Larry Wall

computers / alt.online-service.comcast / Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?

SubjectAuthor
* Comcast conflict resolution number?Hiram T Schwantz
+* Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?Tom M
|+- Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?Hiram T Schwantz
|`- Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?Hiram T Schwantz
+* Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?Bill
|+* Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?Allodoxaphobia
||`- Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?Hiram T Schwantz
|`* Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?Hiram T Schwantz
| `* Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?Bill
|  `* Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?Hiram T Schwantz
|   `- Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?Char Jackson
`* Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?VanguardLH
 `* Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?Hiram T Schwantz
  `* Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?VanguardLH
   `* Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?Hiram T Schwantz
    `* Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?VanguardLH
     `- Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?Hiram T Schwantz

1
Comcast conflict resolution number?

<1KdfK.2450$R6W6.1392@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=310&group=alt.online-service.comcast#310

From: hiramtsc...@gmail.com (Hiram T Schwantz)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Subject: Comcast conflict resolution number?
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 16:03:09 -0400
 by: Hiram T Schwantz - Thu, 12 May 2022 20:03 UTC

I have been having a problem with my Xfinity web based email since last year.
Calls and tickets do not get it resolved. If I send an email from my
goodguy@comcast.net address to my goodguy@comcast.net address (exact same
address) it is automatically moved from the inbox to the spam folder. Marking
it not spam moves it momentarily to the inbox but the next second it gets
returned to spam.

I have followed all their recommendations or orders to no avail. Most of the
agents cannot understand what I am describing to them. They say the tickets
will get escalated, that have not. I receive NO phone calls, emails or other
communications of any kind. I have been a customer over 25 years but have set a
deadline where I will switch to Verizon.

Is there a forum on the Xfinity site that would help?
Is there anybody that really cares? I know it's not earth shattering to most of
you but I use it to send notes and memos to myself.

Any suggestions/ideas are most appreciated.

--
Hiram

Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?

<t5lnhh$h69$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=311&group=alt.online-service.comcast#311

From: me...@example.invalid (Tom M)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Subject: Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 09:47:27 -0400
 by: Tom M - Fri, 13 May 2022 13:47 UTC

You might try turning off the spam filter in webmail or adding the
address to your webmail address book.

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/i-know-the-sender-is-good-how-do-i-keep-their-email-out-of-the-spam-folder/6259a26436b3dc41e2a67797

On 5/12/2022 4:03 PM, Hiram T Schwantz wrote:

> I have been having a problem with my Xfinity web based email since last year.
> Calls and tickets do not get it resolved. If I send an email from my
> goodguy@comcast.net address to my goodguy@comcast.net address (exact same
> address) it is automatically moved from the inbox to the spam folder. Marking
> it not spam moves it momentarily to the inbox but the next second it gets
> returned to spam.
>
> I have followed all their recommendations or orders to no avail. Most of the
> agents cannot understand what I am describing to them. They say the tickets
> will get escalated, that have not. I receive NO phone calls, emails or other
> communications of any kind. I have been a customer over 25 years but have set a
> deadline where I will switch to Verizon.
>
> Is there a forum on the Xfinity site that would help?
> Is there anybody that really cares? I know it's not earth shattering to most of
> you but I use it to send notes and memos to myself.
>
> Any suggestions/ideas are most appreciated.

Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?

<uNzfK.3714$R6W6.2362@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=312&group=alt.online-service.comcast#312

From: hiramtsc...@gmail.com (Hiram T Schwantz)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 17:08:42 -0400
 by: Hiram T Schwantz - Fri, 13 May 2022 21:08 UTC

On Fri, 13 May 2022 09:47:27 -0400, Tom M posted for all of us to digest...

> You might try turning off the spam filter in webmail or adding the
> address to your webmail address book.
>
> https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/i-know-the-sender-is-good-how-do-i-keep-their-email-out-of-the-spam-folder/6259a26436b3dc41e2a67797
>

> On 5/12/2022 4:03 PM, Hiram T Schwantz wrote:
> >
> > I have been having a problem with my Xfinity web based email since last year.
> > Calls and tickets do not get it resolved. If I send an email from my
> > goodguy@comcast.net address to my goodguy@comcast.net address (exact same
> > address) it is automatically moved from the inbox to the spam folder. Marking
> > it not spam moves it momentarily to the inbox but the next second it gets
> > returned to spam.
> >
> > I have followed all their recommendations or orders to no avail. Most of the
> > agents cannot understand what I am describing to them. They say the tickets
> > will get escalated, that have not. I receive NO phone calls, emails or other
> > communications of any kind. I have been a customer over 25 years but have set a
> > deadline where I will switch to Verizon.
> >
> > Is there a forum on the Xfinity site that would help?
> > Is there anybody that really cares? I know it's not earth shattering to most of
> > you but I use it to send notes and memos to myself.
> >
> > Any suggestions/ideas are most appreciated.

Turning off the spam filter has been tried but does no good.

The address is already in the webmail address book.

--
Hiram

Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?

<cemt7htgkdblopb7nshm23afii3spt5f86@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=313&group=alt.online-service.comcast#313

From: bil...@isp.net.invalid (Bill)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 17:24:34 -0500
 by: Bill - Fri, 13 May 2022 22:24 UTC

On Thu, 12 May 2022 16:03:09 -0400, Hiram T Schwantz
<hiramtschwantz@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have been having a problem with my Xfinity web based email since last year.
>Calls and tickets do not get it resolved. If I send an email from my
>goodguy@comcast.net address to my goodguy@comcast.net address (exact same
>address) it is automatically moved from the inbox to the spam folder. Marking
>it not spam moves it momentarily to the inbox but the next second it gets
>returned to spam.
>
>I have followed all their recommendations or orders to no avail. Most of the
>agents cannot understand what I am describing to them. They say the tickets
>will get escalated, that have not. I receive NO phone calls, emails or other
>communications of any kind. I have been a customer over 25 years but have set a
>deadline where I will switch to Verizon.

Are you talking about changing to a different ISP because of an email
issue? I know that can't be right, but that's the impression I get.

There's no rule that says you have to use the email service provided by
your ISP. I haven't used my ISP-provided email in decades. There are
tons of other/better email providers out there.

Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?

<slrnt7tup8.24is.trepidation@vps.jonz.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=314&group=alt.online-service.comcast#314

From: trepidat...@example.net (Allodoxaphobia)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: 14 May 2022 00:43:29 GMT
 by: Allodoxaphobia - Sat, 14 May 2022 00:43 UTC

On Fri, 13 May 2022 17:24:34 -0500, Bill wrote:

> Are you talking about changing to a different ISP because of an email
> issue? I know that can't be right, but that's the impression I get.
>
> There's no rule that says you have to use the email service provided
> by your ISP. I haven't used my ISP-provided email in decades. There
> are tons of other/better email providers out there.

+1 >>>>> https://www.knthost.com/

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | Marvin | W3DHJ.net | linux
38.238N 104.547W | @ jonz.net | Jonesy | FreeBSD

Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?

<4ghl7pzlnpa0$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=315&group=alt.online-service.comcast#315

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 10:39:57 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Sat, 14 May 2022 15:39 UTC

Hiram T Schwantz wrote:

> If I send an email from my goodguy@comcast.net address to my
> goodguy@comcast.net address (exact same address) it is automatically
> moved from the inbox to the spam folder. Marking it not spam moves it
> momentarily to the inbox but the next second it gets returned to
> spam.

Even if you define a server-side rule to move e-mails from yourself sent
to yourself, rules are exercised AFTER their spam filtering, so your
rules execute too late (the e-mail is longer in the Inbox on which your
filters apply when new messages are delivered to there).

The only option you have is to disable their server-side spam filtering.
That will eliminate the "sent by and sent to are the same" anti-spam
filtering, but all the other anti-spam filtering, too. That did work
for me when I wanted to send e-mails from myself that were to myself, so
I don't know why it didn't work for you.

Did you check server-side rules (in your Comcast e-mail account) and
client-side rules (in your local e-mail client) to make sure you weren't
doing the junking of e-mails from and to you? Before Comcast
implemented that anti-spam filter, I had a server-side rule for:

Sender/From = <myComcastAddrs>
To = <myComcastAddrs>
Subject /= <passphrase> (Subject contains not)

I could still send myself test e-mails from me that were to me by adding
a passphrase in the subject (something highly unique that a spammer
wouldn't think of using if they were trying to pretend they were me
sending to me). Spammers often try to circumvent filtering by making it
look like the sender is you, but they won't know the passphrase
necessary in the Subject header.

However, after Comcast went the way of Google (Gmail) of blocking
e-mails from me sent to me, I didn't need that server-side rule anymore.
Yeah, you could try using a "Subject contains <passphrase>", but it gets
excercised after their spam filtering, so the user rule runs too late:
the suspect e-mail has already been moved into the Spam folder, and no
longer a target for your rules.

After changing the server-side setting in your Comcast e-mail account to
disable their spam filtering, have you revisited that setting to make
sure it stuck?

Also, I've never seen an e-mail that was moved from the Spam folder to
the Inbox immediately thereafter get moved back into the Spam folder.
That's why I mention checking how anti-spam options and client-side
rules are defined in whatever local e-mail client you are using.

Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?

<f6SgK.1186$JXmb.507@fx03.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=316&group=alt.online-service.comcast#316

From: hiramtsc...@gmail.com (Hiram T Schwantz)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 14:48:43 -0400
 by: Hiram T Schwantz - Tue, 17 May 2022 18:48 UTC

On Fri, 13 May 2022 17:24:34 -0500, Bill posted for all of us to digest...

> On Thu, 12 May 2022 16:03:09 -0400, Hiram T Schwantz
> <hiramtschwantz@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >I have been having a problem with my Xfinity web based email since last year.
> >Calls and tickets do not get it resolved. If I send an email from my
> >goodguy@comcast.net address to my goodguy@comcast.net address (exact same
> >address) it is automatically moved from the inbox to the spam folder. Marking
> >it not spam moves it momentarily to the inbox but the next second it gets
> >returned to spam.
> >
> >I have followed all their recommendations or orders to no avail. Most of the
> >agents cannot understand what I am describing to them. They say the tickets
> >will get escalated, that have not. I receive NO phone calls, emails or other
> >communications of any kind. I have been a customer over 25 years but have set a
> >deadline where I will switch to Verizon.
>
> Are you talking about changing to a different ISP because of an email
> issue? I know that can't be right, but that's the impression I get.
>
> There's no rule that says you have to use the email service provided by
> your ISP. I haven't used my ISP-provided email in decades. There are
> tons of other/better email providers out there.

That may be true but do want to archive 25 years of email contacts and change
subscriptions? I don't

If Comcast would only do SOMETHING...

--
Hiram

Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?

<U6SgK.1187$JXmb.962@fx03.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=317&group=alt.online-service.comcast#317

From: hiramtsc...@gmail.com (Hiram T Schwantz)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 14:49:24 -0400
 by: Hiram T Schwantz - Tue, 17 May 2022 18:49 UTC

On 14 May 2022 00:43:29 GMT, Allodoxaphobia posted for all of us to digest...

> On Fri, 13 May 2022 17:24:34 -0500, Bill wrote:
> >
> > Are you talking about changing to a different ISP because of an email
> > issue? I know that can't be right, but that's the impression I get.
> >
> > There's no rule that says you have to use the email service provided
> > by your ISP. I haven't used my ISP-provided email in decades. There
> > are tons of other/better email providers out there.
>
> +1 >>>>> https://www.knthost.com/
>
> Jonesy

Please read prior response

--
Hiram

Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?

<XdSgK.1188$JXmb.688@fx03.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=318&group=alt.online-service.comcast#318

From: hiramtsc...@gmail.com (Hiram T Schwantz)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 14:56:55 -0400
 by: Hiram T Schwantz - Tue, 17 May 2022 18:56 UTC

On Sat, 14 May 2022 10:39:57 -0500, VanguardLH posted for all of us to
digest...

> Hiram T Schwantz wrote:
>
> > If I send an email from my goodguy@comcast.net address to my
> > goodguy@comcast.net address (exact same address) it is automatically
> > moved from the inbox to the spam folder. Marking it not spam moves it
> > momentarily to the inbox but the next second it gets returned to
> > spam.
>
> Even if you define a server-side rule to move e-mails from yourself sent
> to yourself, rules are exercised AFTER their spam filtering, so your
> rules execute too late (the e-mail is longer in the Inbox on which your
> filters apply when new messages are delivered to there).
>
> The only option you have is to disable their server-side spam filtering.
> That will eliminate the "sent by and sent to are the same" anti-spam
> filtering, but all the other anti-spam filtering, too. That did work
> for me when I wanted to send e-mails from myself that were to myself, so
> I don't know why it didn't work for you.
>
> Did you check server-side rules (in your Comcast e-mail account) and
> client-side rules (in your local e-mail client) to make sure you weren't
> doing the junking of e-mails from and to you? Before Comcast
> implemented that anti-spam filter, I had a server-side rule for:
>
> Sender/From = <myComcastAddrs>
> To = <myComcastAddrs>
> Subject /= <passphrase> (Subject contains not)
>
> I could still send myself test e-mails from me that were to me by adding
> a passphrase in the subject (something highly unique that a spammer
> wouldn't think of using if they were trying to pretend they were me
> sending to me). Spammers often try to circumvent filtering by making it
> look like the sender is you, but they won't know the passphrase
> necessary in the Subject header.
>
> However, after Comcast went the way of Google (Gmail) of blocking
> e-mails from me sent to me, I didn't need that server-side rule anymore.
> Yeah, you could try using a "Subject contains <passphrase>", but it gets
> excercised after their spam filtering, so the user rule runs too late:
> the suspect e-mail has already been moved into the Spam folder, and no
> longer a target for your rules.
>
> After changing the server-side setting in your Comcast e-mail account to
> disable their spam filtering, have you revisited that setting to make
> sure it stuck?
>
> Also, I've never seen an e-mail that was moved from the Spam folder to
> the Inbox immediately thereafter get moved back into the Spam folder.
> That's why I mention checking how anti-spam options and client-side
> rules are defined in whatever local e-mail client you are using.

I don't have to worry about filter rules. They deleted them without telling me
FIVE times.

I have followed all their solutions without any resolution. All anti-spam is
turned off per their instructions.

I am using their webmail exclusively.

--
Hiram

Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?

<1nikmr48czvfi$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=319&group=alt.online-service.comcast#319

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 17:09:27 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Tue, 17 May 2022 22:09 UTC

Hiram T Schwantz wrote:

> I am using their webmail exclusively.

Have you checked if an ad/content blocker add-on is causing the problem?
Their webmail relies on Javascript, and a blocker add-on could be
interferring. In fact, the point of a blocker add-on is to break a web
doc by not allowing access to some resources the web doc might attempt
to access. You could first try to disable add-ons in whatever web
browser you are using. It that doesn't work, start the web browser in
its safe mode, and retest. Lastly, create a new profile in the web
browser: disabling add-ons or safe mode won't undo config changes to the
web browser, but a new profile starts with all default settings.

Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?

<7op88htv3s2qj43mfot1j5gns4ncgn5k36@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=320&group=alt.online-service.comcast#320

From: bil...@isp.net.invalid (Bill)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 22:29:56 -0500
 by: Bill - Wed, 18 May 2022 03:29 UTC

On Tue, 17 May 2022 14:48:43 -0400, Hiram T Schwantz
<hiramtschwantz@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 13 May 2022 17:24:34 -0500, Bill posted for all of us to digest...
>

>> On Thu, 12 May 2022 16:03:09 -0400, Hiram T Schwantz
>> <hiramtschwantz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> >I have been having a problem with my Xfinity web based email since last year.
>> >Calls and tickets do not get it resolved. If I send an email from my
>> >goodguy@comcast.net address to my goodguy@comcast.net address (exact same
>> >address) it is automatically moved from the inbox to the spam folder. Marking
>> >it not spam moves it momentarily to the inbox but the next second it gets
>> >returned to spam.
>> >
>> >I have followed all their recommendations or orders to no avail. Most of the
>> >agents cannot understand what I am describing to them. They say the tickets
>> >will get escalated, that have not. I receive NO phone calls, emails or other
>> >communications of any kind. I have been a customer over 25 years but have set a
>> >deadline where I will switch to Verizon.
>>
>> Are you talking about changing to a different ISP because of an email
>> issue? I know that can't be right, but that's the impression I get.
>>
>> There's no rule that says you have to use the email service provided by
>> your ISP. I haven't used my ISP-provided email in decades. There are
>> tons of other/better email providers out there.
>
>That may be true but do want to archive 25 years of email contacts and change
>subscriptions? I don't

Why not? Do you think it would be difficult? I don't.

>If Comcast would only do SOMETHING...

If they don't, then I guess it's up to you, right? If it was me, I know
what I would do.

I used Comcast as my ISP for many years, but I only used them for email
for a small number of years. Moving my email to multiple new providers
was easy.

Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?

<gMchK.3$FpSb.2@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=321&group=alt.online-service.comcast#321

From: hiramtsc...@gmail.com (Hiram T Schwantz)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 16:35:24 -0400
 by: Hiram T Schwantz - Wed, 18 May 2022 20:35 UTC

On Tue, 17 May 2022 17:09:27 -0500, VanguardLH posted for all of us to
digest...

> Hiram T Schwantz wrote:
>
> > I am using their webmail exclusively.
>
> Have you checked if an ad/content blocker add-on is causing the problem?
> Their webmail relies on Javascript, and a blocker add-on could be
> interferring. In fact, the point of a blocker add-on is to break a web
> doc by not allowing access to some resources the web doc might attempt
> to access. You could first try to disable add-ons in whatever web
> browser you are using. It that doesn't work, start the web browser in
> its safe mode, and retest. Lastly, create a new profile in the web
> browser: disabling add-ons or safe mode won't undo config changes to the
> web browser, but a new profile starts with all default settings.

If an ad blocker was causing a problem wouldn't it also affect the other email
addys I have?

Thanks for the ideas, I'm not criticizing you. You are trying to help...

Comcast now states they will get back to me within 72 hours by phone. It will
be excruciating because I turned my spam blocker off my phone so they could get
through-who knows what number they will call from and it won't give them an
excuse ;-)

--
Hiram

Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?

<1hkgjfhoa1lt6$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=322&group=alt.online-service.comcast#322

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 17:40:59 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Wed, 18 May 2022 22:40 UTC

Hiram T Schwantz wrote:

> If an ad blocker was causing a problem wouldn't it also affect the
> other email addys I have?

If affects the site you visit for where you use a webmail client. The
"other addys" could be e-mail services at different sites versus
multiple accounts at the same provider.

If you meant multiple accounts with Comcast, each one has different
settings since the intent is for use by different users, like members of
a family. Did you yet disable anti-spam filtering in your online
*account* at Comcast for whichever accounts are exhibiting the "move
from Spam to Inbox immediately moves back to Spam" symptom? Each
account can also have its own rules, and why I mentioned checking what
rules you have defined (in the problematic accounts).

Some e-mail providers allow multiple accounts but they are lying. They
allow multiple logins to the same account; i.e., one account is shared
across multiple logins. That's not how Comcast does it. Each account
is separate.

You might trying using a different web browser. I've found some sites
that won't work with Firefox despite neutering all add-ons and even
Firefox's own security settings, but the sites work with Google Chrome
(I use C-Edge aka Chromium Edge which uses Google's Blink rendering
engine and Google's V8 script interpreter). If the site is unusable in
Firefox, I then try C-Edge which is my backup web browsers that I keep
clean of add-ons and tweaks. There are sites that expect to use HTML
tags that Chrome supports, have not yet been ratified, and other web
browsers don't yet support, and the same for some script functions.
I've even found sites that are Chrome-only (usually Google sites).

Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?

<yHciK.7621$5fVf.6108@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=323&group=alt.online-service.comcast#323

From: hiramtsc...@gmail.com (Hiram T Schwantz)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 17:19:26 -0400
 by: Hiram T Schwantz - Sat, 21 May 2022 21:19 UTC

On Wed, 18 May 2022 17:40:59 -0500, VanguardLH posted for all of us to
digest...

> Hiram T Schwantz wrote:
>
> > If an ad blocker was causing a problem wouldn't it also affect the
> > other email addys I have?
>
> If affects the site you visit for where you use a webmail client. The
> "other addys" could be e-mail services at different sites versus
> multiple accounts at the same provider.
>
> If you meant multiple accounts with Comcast, each one has different
> settings since the intent is for use by different users, like members of
> a family. Did you yet disable anti-spam filtering in your online
> *account* at Comcast for whichever accounts are exhibiting the "move
> from Spam to Inbox immediately moves back to Spam" symptom? Each
> account can also have its own rules, and why I mentioned checking what
> rules you have defined (in the problematic accounts).

All settings for all accounts are the same. I have done every troubleshooting
step they have provided-numerous times-same steps-same results. They usually do
not understand my issue and when they do they follow the script, give me a new
ticket stating they are escalating it, will call back in 2 hours. The last call
the agent said it would be 72 hours. Four days later no call. I have NEVER
received a call back; not once. All I want is a resolution.

> Some e-mail providers allow multiple accounts but they are lying. They
> allow multiple logins to the same account; i.e., one account is shared
> across multiple logins. That's not how Comcast does it. Each account
> is separate.

Not applicable.

> You might trying using a different web browser. I've found some sites
> that won't work with Firefox despite neutering all add-ons and even
> Firefox's own security settings, but the sites work with Google Chrome
> (I use C-Edge aka Chromium Edge which uses Google's Blink rendering
> engine and Google's V8 script interpreter). If the site is unusable in
> Firefox, I then try C-Edge which is my backup web browsers that I keep
> clean of add-ons and tweaks. There are sites that expect to use HTML
> tags that Chrome supports, have not yet been ratified, and other web
> browsers don't yet support, and the same for some script functions.
> I've even found sites that are Chrome-only (usually Google sites).

I don't see this as factor but I have tried another machine with another
browser with no joy.

--
Hiram

Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?

<OXbjK.27586$3Gzd.9246@fx96.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=324&group=alt.online-service.comcast#324

From: hiramtsc...@gmail.com (Hiram T Schwantz)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 17:17:35 -0400
 by: Hiram T Schwantz - Tue, 24 May 2022 21:17 UTC

On Fri, 13 May 2022 09:47:27 -0400, Tom M posted for all of us to digest...

> You might try turning off the spam filter in webmail or adding the
> address to your webmail address book.
>
> https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/i-know-the-sender-is-good-how-do-i-keep-their-email-out-of-the-spam-folder/6259a26436b3dc41e2a67797

Spam filter is already off.
My address is already in the address book.
All suggested/instructed by Comcast.

Thank you for your suggestions.

> On 5/12/2022 4:03 PM, Hiram T Schwantz wrote:
> >
> > I have been having a problem with my Xfinity web based email since last year.
> > Calls and tickets do not get it resolved. If I send an email from my
> > goodguy@comcast.net address to my goodguy@comcast.net address (exact same
> > address) it is automatically moved from the inbox to the spam folder. Marking
> > it not spam moves it momentarily to the inbox but the next second it gets
> > returned to spam.
> >
> > I have followed all their recommendations or orders to no avail. Most of the
> > agents cannot understand what I am describing to them. They say the tickets
> > will get escalated, that have not. I receive NO phone calls, emails or other
> > communications of any kind. I have been a customer over 25 years but have set a
> > deadline where I will switch to Verizon.
> >
> > Is there a forum on the Xfinity site that would help?
> > Is there anybody that really cares? I know it's not earth shattering to most of
> > you but I use it to send notes and memos to myself.
> >
> > Any suggestions/ideas are most appreciated.

--
Hiram

Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?

<RZbjK.27587$3Gzd.14112@fx96.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=325&group=alt.online-service.comcast#325

From: hiramtsc...@gmail.com (Hiram T Schwantz)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 17:19:45 -0400
 by: Hiram T Schwantz - Tue, 24 May 2022 21:19 UTC

On Tue, 17 May 2022 22:29:56 -0500, Bill posted for all of us to digest...

> On Tue, 17 May 2022 14:48:43 -0400, Hiram T Schwantz
> <hiramtschwantz@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >On Fri, 13 May 2022 17:24:34 -0500, Bill posted for all of us to digest...

> >> Are you talking about changing to a different ISP because of an email
> >> issue? I know that can't be right, but that's the impression I get.
> >>
> >> There's no rule that says you have to use the email service provided by
> >> your ISP. I haven't used my ISP-provided email in decades. There are
> >> tons of other/better email providers out there.
> >
> >That may be true but do want to archive 25 years of email contacts and change
> >subscriptions? I don't
>
> Why not? Do you think it would be difficult? I don't.
>
> >If Comcast would only do SOMETHING...
>
> If they don't, then I guess it's up to you, right? If it was me, I know
> what I would do.
>
> I used Comcast as my ISP for many years, but I only used them for email
> for a small number of years. Moving my email to multiple new providers
> was easy.

How would I make it easy? I am open to it.

--
Hiram

Re: Comcast conflict resolution number?

<037r8h9rst0ekhaii66fq8tvevosnp81qs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=326&group=alt.online-service.comcast#326

From: non...@none.invalid (Char Jackson)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 22:08:22 -0500
 by: Char Jackson - Wed, 25 May 2022 03:08 UTC

On Tue, 24 May 2022 17:19:45 -0400, Hiram T Schwantz
<hiramtschwantz@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 17 May 2022 22:29:56 -0500, Bill posted for all of us to digest...
>

>> On Tue, 17 May 2022 14:48:43 -0400, Hiram T Schwantz
>> <hiramtschwantz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> >On Fri, 13 May 2022 17:24:34 -0500, Bill posted for all of us to digest...

>> >That may be true but do want to archive 25 years of email contacts and change
>> >subscriptions? I don't
>>
>> Why not? Do you think it would be difficult? I don't.
>>
>> >If Comcast would only do SOMETHING...
>>
>> If they don't, then I guess it's up to you, right? If it was me, I know
>> what I would do.
>>
>> I used Comcast as my ISP for many years, but I only used them for email
>> for a small number of years. Moving my email to multiple new providers
>> was easy.
>
>How would I make it easy? I am open to it.

Above, you mentioned web mail, so you're using a web browser to access
your email. That means step 1 is choosing an actual email client and
using it to download all of your email. Once you do that, the hard part
is done. Next, create a local folder and move your email into it. Now
you're done and you can start using a different email provider. Comcast
will never know or care, nor will they miss you. You'll still use them
for Internet, but not necessarily for email.