From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: Ex-law prof advised counting mail-in ballots at 'prorated amount' to swing Pennsylvania to Trump [telecom]
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 01:57:05 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Sat, 14 May 2022 01:57 UTC

By Debra Cassens Weiss

Retired Chapman University law professor John Eastman advised a
Pennsylvania lawmaker to count mail-in ballots at a "prorated amount,"
giving the state legislature justification to install pro-Trump
electors, according to newly released emails.

Discounting mail-in ballots, which favor Democrats, "would help
provide some cover" for Republicans to replace electors for
then-presidential candidate Joe Biden, Eastman wrote in the December
2020 email.

The New York Times,
<https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/11/us/politics/john-eastman-trump-2020-election.html?smid=url-share>
Politico
<https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/10/eastman-emails-pennsylvania-legislators-biden-00031668>
and the Denver Post have coverage.
<https://www.denverpost.com/2022/05/10/john-eastman-cu-boulder-emails>

Eastman's emails were obtained from the University of Colorado, where
Eastman was a visiting professor, as a result of a public records
request by the Colorado Ethics Institute.

https://www.abajournal.com/news/article/how-to-swing-pennsylvania-to-trump-count-mail-in-ballots-at-a-prorated-amount-ex-law-prof-advised

--
(Please remove QRM from my email address to write to me directly)

***** Moderator's Note *****

The American Bar Association's Journal isn't usually given to satire,
so although whatever change was being promoted didn't make any
difference, I was struck by how openly some Trump backers were
allegedly plotting to falsify election results in favor of a "Useful
Idiot."

And, coincidentally, I'm struck by how fervently spokepeople on both
sides decry any chance of election fraud, as if saying it enough makes
it so. Methinks something is rotten in Mar-A-Largo.

Bill Horne
Moderator