https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3154&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3154

From: me...@somewhere.invalid (Terry Pinnell)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 18:04:44 +0000
 by: Terry Pinnell - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 18:04 UTC

I posted this to the OpenSCAD mailing list but would welcome any thoughts here
please.

--------------------
Can anyone help me understand why the thread I started, which had two replies,
appears to have absorbed many more posts headed 'path_sweep problem'?

I thought it might be down to some setting I've configured incorrectly in my PC
Email app, 'Agent', but Empathy appears to have done the same thing.

Screenshot attached or here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2yris8vshzhzxqo/AABa9jfTtNsWuh3062KA18sla?raw=1

P.S. I'm not the 'TP' in the Empathy site.

<sii50hta9n3ab4nimm4q0dofgf00v8g3ca@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3155&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3155

From: me...@somewhere.invalid (Terry Pinnell)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 19:54:49 +0000
 by: Terry Pinnell - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 19:54 UTC

Terry Pinnell <me@somewhere.invalid> wrote:

>I posted this to the OpenSCAD mailing list but would welcome any thoughts here
>please.
>
>--------------------
>Can anyone help me understand why the thread I started, which had two replies,
>appears to have absorbed many more posts headed 'path_sweep problem'?
>
>I thought it might be down to some setting I've configured incorrectly in my PC
>Email app, 'Agent', but Empathy appears to have done the same thing.
>
>Screenshot attached or here:
>https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2yris8vshzhzxqo/AABa9jfTtNsWuh3062KA18sla?raw=1
>
>P.S. I'm not the 'TP' in the Empathy site.
>know, even for novices like me.
>
>Terry

Had this reply from the list.

--------------------
That is because the mail headers say so:

> Subject: [OpenSCAD] Re: Replacement control knob for gas hob

and

> Subject: [OpenSCAD] path_sweep problem

The "In-Reply-To" directly references the previous mail, so
the correct way to display that is what your mail program
shows.

Looks like Google decided to ignore that when the title of
the mail changes.

<gj060h9kicf4lrr75mlfh5fml4bn70pohv@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3156&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3156

From: art...@munged.invalid (Arthur T.)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 18:54:21 -0500
 by: Arthur T. - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 23:54 UTC

In Message-ID:<sii50hta9n3ab4nimm4q0dofgf00v8g3ca@4ax.com>,
Terry Pinnell <me@somewhere.invalid> wrote:

>That is because the mail headers say so:

> > Subject: [OpenSCAD] Re: Replacement control knob for gas hob
>
>and

> > Subject: [OpenSCAD] path_sweep problem
>
>The "In-Reply-To" directly references the previous mail, so
>the correct way to display that is what your mail program
>shows.

It's amazing how many people can't figure out how to start a new
thread, and just hit reply to some random post, instead.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

<7t270hpprm593mneo0ee4nvsnqm5892s61@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3157&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3157

From: me...@somewhere.invalid (Terry Pinnell)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 09:46:06 +0000
 by: Terry Pinnell - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 09:46 UTC

Arthur T. <arthur@munged.invalid> wrote:

>In Message-ID:<sii50hta9n3ab4nimm4q0dofgf00v8g3ca@4ax.com>,
>Terry Pinnell <me@somewhere.invalid> wrote:
>
>>That is because the mail headers say so:

>> > Subject: [OpenSCAD] Re: Replacement control knob for gas hob
>>
>>and

>> > Subject: [OpenSCAD] path_sweep problem
>>
>>The "In-Reply-To" directly references the previous mail, so
>>the correct way to display that is what your mail program
>>shows.
>
>It's amazing how many people can't figure out how to start a new
>thread, and just hit reply to some random post, instead.

Indeed. Here's this morning's email from the list's administrator:

The Forum used to be a bit smarter about it, but the Forum is dead, long live
the Forum.

So please create a new email for new topics, it is not that hard to type
'o','p','e' etc until the right email address gets auto filled.

*Bob with 'path_sweep problem' in this case, but he is not alone.

[you may well find I may have done so, but do as I say.]

<jrgi0hpdhnfppij87ddp1rcg8psi4aklre@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3161&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3161

From: me...@somewhere.invalid (Terry Pinnell)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 17:44:42 +0000
 by: Terry Pinnell - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 17:44 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

>On Tue, 08 Feb 2022 18:54:21 -0500, Arthur T. <arthur@munged.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>>The "In-Reply-To" directly references the previous mail, so
>>>the correct way to display that is what your mail program
>>>shows.
>>
>>It's amazing how many people can't figure out how to start a new
>>thread, and just hit reply to some random post, instead.
>>
>How difficult is it finding the "P is for Post' key?
>
>I'm pretty sure I've known this one since Agent 1.91 eons ago

Not sure who you're addressing that to...