From: Me...@me.com (Me)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Minimized Window
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 13:01:36 +0000
 by: Me - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 13:01 UTC

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this?

I have been using Agent since 1996, although I have not upgraded
recently as I had no need to, so I am still on version 6.

A couple of months ago, I purchased a new PC with Windows 11 on it.

Agent is working perfectly on it except for one small issue.

If I am writing an e-mail and another e-mail arrives in my inbox that I
want to look at quickly, I will minimize my draft to look at the new
e-mail.

On my new PC, when I minimize a window in Agent, all I see is an "X" to
close the window. I have tried to resize that window to what I use to
see which was a small rectangular window which would allow me to
maximize the window again to continue writing but I cannot do that. All
I can do now, is go the the window menu and select the window that I
wish to work in again.

I just wondered if it was a setting that I inadvertently changed, or if
it is a quirk of Windows 11.

Thanks

Re: Minimized Window

<pu3f0hhvtaljng1h9gja1uhqb11eoeah8o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3160&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3160

From: Me...@me.com (Me)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Minimized Window
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 10:55:07 +0000
 by: Me - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 10:55 UTC

Many thanks Ralph.

That is exactly what I used to see on Windows 10. As a test, I copied my
entire Agent folder onto another Windows 10 PC and saw exactly what you
see, so it has something to do with Windows 11.

I am not a fan of the Windows 11 taskbar so I use this patcher instead
which I guess must affect how Agent minimizes windows, though I have not
sent this issue in any other software.

https://github.com/valinet/ExplorerPatcher/releases/tag/22000.469.41.16_677b196

Thanks again.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2022 08:11:47 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Feb 2022 13:01:36 +0000, Me wrote:
>
>> I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this?
>>
>> I have been using Agent since 1996, although I have not upgraded
>> recently as I had no need to, so I am still on version 6.
>>
>> A couple of months ago, I purchased a new PC with Windows 11 on it.
>>
>> Agent is working perfectly on it except for one small issue.
>>
>> If I am writing an e-mail and another e-mail arrives in my inbox that I
>> want to look at quickly, I will minimize my draft to look at the new
>> e-mail.
>>
>> On my new PC, when I minimize a window in Agent, all I see is an "X" to
>> close the window. I have tried to resize that window to what I use to
>> see which was a small rectangular window which would allow me to
>> maximize the window again to continue writing but I cannot do that. All
>> I can do now, is go the the window menu and select the window that I
>> wish to work in again.
>>
>> I just wondered if it was a setting that I inadvertently changed, or if
>> it is a quirk of Windows 11.
>

>Here is what I see when I minimize the compose window inside Agent
>on Windows 11 build 22000.493:
>
> screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=24_agent-in-windows-11__3vmc0hda.png>
>
>The minimized window in Agent has restore, maximize, and 'x' close buttons
>on Windows 11 build 22000.493.
>
>(I minimize the compose window by clicking the '-' minimize button which
>is either at the top right of the compose window or at the right of the
>menu bar.)
>

>[FWIW I myself would normally switch back to the Inbox using the tab
>bar, rather than by minimizing the other window.]

Re: Minimized Window

<eoek0hlv71oi6rp1o2ul13vvo8asvui8pu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3163&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3163

From: Me...@me.com (Me)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 11:22:38 +0000
 by: Me - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 11:22 UTC

Thanks again Ralph.

In all the years that I have been using Agent, I was not aware of the
existence of the tab bar. This is a great solution.

Thank you again fir pointing this out.