From: 9thInf-1...@VietVet.org (TheChief)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: *.jpg will not display
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 13:57:47 -0500
 by: TheChief - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 18:57 UTC

On Tue, 08 Feb 2022 06:40:46 -0500, TheChief
<9thInf-1stCav@VietVet.org> wrote:

>Been messing with Agent for years. Win11, Agent8...all of a sudden
>getting raw ASCII text in the preview pane, not the *.jpg. What the
>heck?

This has been an adventure. I figured the easiest way to make
repairs, uninstall and re-install. Nope, not so. the "Folder Property
Schemes" was still blank? There are four *.ffs files missing, not in
the DATA folder, go figure? So, using my Win10 machine for reference
I was able to reconstruct the Property Schemes, "Manage Schemes" to
each group, set "Schemes for New Folders". Nope, the *.jpg display as
Raw Text.....so, lets try a video *.rar..around 28 25MB chunks. Agent
says they are all "Available" in the download directory....nope. The
download directory is empty and Agent is showing a RED X over the
Subject.
I know it could be anything, at the moment, Agent8 is no longer
compatible with my Version of Windows 11.

Re: *.jpg will not display

<bk1l0ht9i3tc0cqqe8j9hl5mhkevigfhhq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3164&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3164

From: 9thInf-1...@VietVet.org (TheChief)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 11:44:15 -0500
 by: TheChief - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 16:44 UTC

I hear that, it's working for you, that is wonderful. It worked fine
for about 3 months on Win11, right now it is TEXT only. Installed on
drive \L: the "agentenu800-1272.msi" fails to install the *.ffs files.
It hoses up the installation, that is a bad thing. I am at a work
stoppage right now.....as in done.