You had mail, but the super-user read it, and deleted it!

computers / alt.os.linux.mint / Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

SubjectAuthor
* Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.Big Al
+* Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is oldMike Easter
|`- Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is oldBig Al
+* Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is oldNic
|+* Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is oldBig Al
||`* Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is oldNic
|| +* Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is oldBig Al
|| |`* Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is oldNic
|| | `- Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is oldBig Al
|| `- Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is oldBig Al
|`* Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is oldBig Al
| `* Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is oldNic
|  `* Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is oldBig Al
|   `- Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is oldBit Twister
+- Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is oldBit Twister
+- Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is oldDavid Catterall
`* Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.Yrrah
 `- Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is oldBig Al

1
Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<t0doi3$3o3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3160&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3160

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 15:54:26 -0500
 by: Big Al - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 20:54 UTC

I was trying 2 things on my Linux. I was prompted by the Xfinity support to go to a specific page on their site but Firefox nor Chrome nor
Waterfox would let me go there. Browser outdated or some such issue. And we all (linux users) know that Mint at least repros are just a
bit out of date.
Finally wound up using wife's Windows Firefox to do the job.

I also was trying to process a payment elsewhere that rejected my browser.

Seems the Microsoft Edge Dev Browser that I have installed (native Linux install from deb) works great. No pages were bulking at an old
browser, it did what I wanted, had my password manager working as well to allow me to get around.

Edge is a free download and a simple deb file. (not a MS shill, just trying pass on options).
Think about it, for those once every 6 months issue at least.
Al

Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<j8v9hrFbktkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3161&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3161

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old
version.
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 13:40:10 -0800
 by: Mike Easter - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 21:40 UTC

Big Al wrote:
> And we all (linux users) know that Mint at least repros are just a bit
> out of date.

Mint is based on LTS Ub, which is 20.04. The Mint repo/s hold Ffx 98.0
which is very current, released Mar 8.

I have an old Ffx 84.0 which accessed the xfinity site ok and I was able
to go to the front door of the support page. I didn't log in.

--
Mike Easter

Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<avuWJ.125963$r6p7.51596@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3162&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3162

version.
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 16:57:26 -0500
 by: Nic - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 21:57 UTC

On 3/10/22 3:54 PM, Big Al wrote:

> I was trying 2 things on my Linux.   I was prompted by the Xfinity
> support to go to a specific page on their site but Firefox nor Chrome
> nor Waterfox would let me go there.  Browser outdated or some such
> issue.   And we all (linux users) know that Mint at least repros are
> just a bit out of date.
> Finally wound up using wife's Windows Firefox to do the job.
>
> I also was trying to process a payment elsewhere that rejected my
> browser.
>
> Seems the Microsoft Edge Dev Browser that I have installed (native
> Linux install from deb) works great.  No pages were bulking at an old
> browser, it did what I wanted, had my password manager working as well
> to allow me to get around.
>
> Edge is a free download and a simple deb file.  (not a MS shill, just
> trying pass on options).
> Think about it, for those once every 6 months issue at least.
> Al

Why would you push m$ edge? Given the track record for this company I
would not advice any m$ virus infected products on my Linux Mint.

When you say out of date are you saying your browser is not connecting
to a particular website, which has nothing to do with Linux, or are you
suggesting you are happy with your wife's windows machine? Since this is
a Mint Forum, tell us how you managed your banking transaction on Mint.

I strongly advice to avoid any banking transactions using m$ or any of
the products that they offer, especially the 'free' ones.

Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<t0dtgr$k0v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3163&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3163

From: Big...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
version.
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 17:19:06 -0500
 by: Big Al - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 22:19 UTC

On 3/10/2022 4:57 PM, Nic wrote:
> On 3/10/22 3:54 PM, Big Al wrote:
>>
>> I was trying 2 things on my Linux.   I was prompted by the Xfinity
>> support to go to a specific page on their site but Firefox nor Chrome
>> nor Waterfox would let me go there.  Browser outdated or some such
>> issue.   And we all (linux users) know that Mint at least repros are
>> just a bit out of date.
>> Finally wound up using wife's Windows Firefox to do the job.
>>
>> I also was trying to process a payment elsewhere that rejected my
>> browser.
>>
>> Seems the Microsoft Edge Dev Browser that I have installed (native
>> Linux install from deb) works great.  No pages were bulking at an old
>> browser, it did what I wanted, had my password manager working as well
>> to allow me to get around.
>>
>> Edge is a free download and a simple deb file.  (not a MS shill, just
>> trying pass on options).
>> Think about it, for those once every 6 months issue at least.
>> Al
>
> Why would you push m$ edge? Given the track record for this company I
> would not advice any m$ virus infected products on my Linux Mint.
>
> When you say out of date are you saying your browser is not connecting
> to a particular website, which has nothing to do with Linux, or are you
> suggesting you are happy with your wife's windows machine? Since this is
> a Mint Forum, tell us how you managed your banking transaction on Mint.
>
> I strongly advice to avoid any banking transactions using m$ or any of
> the products that they offer, especially the 'free' ones.

I'm saying the browser is out of date. Not the newest version. Old.
Needs and update. Whatever words you want to use. Pick one.

Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<t0dtjg$k0v$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3164&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3164

From: Big...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
version.
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 17:20:31 -0500
 by: Big Al - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 22:20 UTC

On 3/10/2022 4:57 PM, Nic wrote:
> On 3/10/22 3:54 PM, Big Al wrote:
>>
>> I was trying 2 things on my Linux.   I was prompted by the Xfinity
>> support to go to a specific page on their site but Firefox nor Chrome
>> nor Waterfox would let me go there.  Browser outdated or some such
>> issue.   And we all (linux users) know that Mint at least repros are
>> just a bit out of date.
>> Finally wound up using wife's Windows Firefox to do the job.
>>
>> I also was trying to process a payment elsewhere that rejected my
>> browser.
>>
>> Seems the Microsoft Edge Dev Browser that I have installed (native
>> Linux install from deb) works great.  No pages were bulking at an old
>> browser, it did what I wanted, had my password manager working as well
>> to allow me to get around.
>>
>> Edge is a free download and a simple deb file.  (not a MS shill, just
>> trying pass on options).
>> Think about it, for those once every 6 months issue at least.
>> Al
>
> Why would you push m$ edge? Given the track record for this company I
> would not advice any m$ virus infected products on my Linux Mint.
>
> When you say out of date are you saying your browser is not connecting
> to a particular website, which has nothing to do with Linux, or are you
> suggesting you are happy with your wife's windows machine? Since this is
> a Mint Forum, tell us how you managed your banking transaction on Mint.
>
> I strongly advice to avoid any banking transactions using m$ or any of
> the products that they offer, especially the 'free' ones.

I don't use linux for the financials.

Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<t0dtke$k0v$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3165&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3165

From: Big...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
version.
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 17:21:01 -0500
 by: Big Al - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 22:21 UTC

On 3/10/2022 4:40 PM, Mike Easter wrote:
> Big Al wrote:
>> And we all (linux users) know that Mint at least repros are just a bit
>> out of date.
>
> Mint is based on LTS Ub, which is 20.04.  The Mint repo/s hold Ffx 98.0
> which is very current, released Mar 8.
>
> I have an old Ffx 84.0 which accessed the xfinity site ok and I was able
> to go to the front door of the support page.  I didn't log in.

Try the little wi-fi icon in the top black title bar. If you want to try.
It fails here on Waterfox in Windows but Firefox 98 works.
Now it might be the "windows" part that screws things up..... No big
issue. It works for me

Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<WTuWJ.68268$LN2.20653@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3166&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3166

version.
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 17:23:50 -0500
 by: Nic - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 22:23 UTC

On 3/10/22 5:20 PM, Big Al wrote:
> On 3/10/2022 4:57 PM, Nic wrote:
>> On 3/10/22 3:54 PM, Big Al wrote:
>>>
>>> I was trying 2 things on my Linux.   I was prompted by the Xfinity
>>> support to go to a specific page on their site but Firefox nor
>>> Chrome nor Waterfox would let me go there. Browser outdated or some
>>> such issue.   And we all (linux users) know that Mint at least
>>> repros are just a bit out of date.
>>> Finally wound up using wife's Windows Firefox to do the job.
>>>
>>> I also was trying to process a payment elsewhere that rejected my
>>> browser.
>>>
>>> Seems the Microsoft Edge Dev Browser that I have installed (native
>>> Linux install from deb) works great.  No pages were bulking at an
>>> old browser, it did what I wanted, had my password manager working
>>> as well to allow me to get around.
>>>
>>> Edge is a free download and a simple deb file.  (not a MS shill,
>>> just trying pass on options).
>>> Think about it, for those once every 6 months issue at least.
>>> Al
>>
>> Why would you push m$ edge? Given the track record for this company I
>> would not advice any m$ virus infected products on my Linux Mint.
>>
>> When you say out of date are you saying your browser is not
>> connecting to a particular website, which has nothing to do with
>> Linux, or are you suggesting you are happy with your wife's windows
>> machine? Since this is a Mint Forum, tell us how you managed your
>> banking transaction on Mint.
>>
>> I strongly advice to avoid any banking transactions using m$ or any
>> of the products that they offer, especially the 'free' ones.
>>

> I don't use linux for the financials.

Why?

Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<kYuWJ.127095$aT3.100851@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3167&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3167

version.
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 17:28:32 -0500
 by: Nic - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 22:28 UTC

On 3/10/22 5:19 PM, Big Al wrote:
> On 3/10/2022 4:57 PM, Nic wrote:
>> On 3/10/22 3:54 PM, Big Al wrote:
>>>
>>> I was trying 2 things on my Linux.   I was prompted by the Xfinity
>>> support to go to a specific page on their site but Firefox nor
>>> Chrome nor Waterfox would let me go there. Browser outdated or some
>>> such issue.   And we all (linux users) know that Mint at least
>>> repros are just a bit out of date.
>>> Finally wound up using wife's Windows Firefox to do the job.
>>>
>>> I also was trying to process a payment elsewhere that rejected my
>>> browser.
>>>
>>> Seems the Microsoft Edge Dev Browser that I have installed (native
>>> Linux install from deb) works great.  No pages were bulking at an
>>> old browser, it did what I wanted, had my password manager working
>>> as well to allow me to get around.
>>>
>>> Edge is a free download and a simple deb file.  (not a MS shill,
>>> just trying pass on options).
>>> Think about it, for those once every 6 months issue at least.
>>> Al
>>
>> Why would you push m$ edge? Given the track record for this company I
>> would not advice any m$ virus infected products on my Linux Mint.
>>
>> When you say out of date are you saying your browser is not
>> connecting to a particular website, which has nothing to do with
>> Linux, or are you suggesting you are happy with your wife's windows
>> machine? Since this is a Mint Forum, tell us how you managed your
>> banking transaction on Mint.
>>
>> I strongly advice to avoid any banking transactions using m$ or any
>> of the products that they offer, especially the 'free' ones.
>>

> I'm saying the browser is out of date.  Not the newest version. Old.
> Needs and update.  Whatever words you want to use.  Pick one.

If I were to pick a word it would be Linux.

For the record, what version of ff failed your connection?

Why did the word 'shill' even come up in your words?

Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<t0e234$ooa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3168&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3168

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
version.
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 18:37:06 -0500
 by: Big Al - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 23:37 UTC

On 3/10/22 17:28, this is what Nic wrote:
> On 3/10/22 5:19 PM, Big Al wrote:

>>> Why would you push m$ edge? Given the track record for this company I would not advice any m$ virus infected products on my Linux Mint.
>>>
>>> When you say out of date are you saying your browser is not connecting to a particular website, which has nothing to do with Linux, or
>>> are you suggesting you are happy with your wife's windows machine? Since this is a Mint Forum, tell us how you managed your banking
>>> transaction on Mint.
>>>
>>> I strongly advice to avoid any banking transactions using m$ or any of the products that they offer, especially the 'free' ones.
>>>

>> I'm saying the browser is out of date.  Not the newest version. Old. Needs and update.  Whatever words you want to use.  Pick one.
>
> If I were to pick a word it would be Linux.
>
> For the record, what version of ff failed your connection?
>
> Why did the word 'shill' even come up in your words?

Just that some people seem to think a person suggesting chrome for example or Windows 11 are shills. Of course I do have to admit it's
after the 40th post the person writes. Anyway nothing intended. Just a comment to keep the flack down.

Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<t0e257$ooa$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3169&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3169

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
version.
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 18:38:15 -0500
 by: Big Al - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 23:38 UTC

On 3/10/22 17:23, this is what Nic wrote:
> On 3/10/22 5:20 PM, Big Al wrote:

>>> Why would you push m$ edge? Given the track record for this company I would not advice any m$ virus infected products on my Linux Mint.
>>>
>>> When you say out of date are you saying your browser is not connecting to a particular website, which has nothing to do with Linux, or
>>> are you suggesting you are happy with your wife's windows machine? Since this is a Mint Forum, tell us how you managed your banking
>>> transaction on Mint.
>>>
>>> I strongly advice to avoid any banking transactions using m$ or any of the products that they offer, especially the 'free' ones.
>>>

>> I don't use linux for the financials.
>
> Why?

I don't do the financials in the house mostly <grin>. I buy some on line, but that's just spending money. I'm good at that.

Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<t0e2b8$ooa$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3170&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3170

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
version.
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 18:41:28 -0500
 by: Big Al - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 23:41 UTC

On 3/10/22 17:28, this is what Nic wrote:
> On 3/10/22 5:19 PM, Big Al wrote:

>>> Why would you push m$ edge? Given the track record for this company I would not advice any m$ virus infected products on my Linux Mint.
>>>
>>> When you say out of date are you saying your browser is not connecting to a particular website, which has nothing to do with Linux, or
>>> are you suggesting you are happy with your wife's windows machine? Since this is a Mint Forum, tell us how you managed your banking
>>> transaction on Mint.
>>>
>>> I strongly advice to avoid any banking transactions using m$ or any of the products that they offer, especially the 'free' ones.
>>>

>> I'm saying the browser is out of date.  Not the newest version. Old. Needs and update.  Whatever words you want to use.  Pick one.
>
> If I were to pick a word it would be Linux.
>
> For the record, what version of ff failed your connection?
>
> Why did the word 'shill' even come up in your words?

And as to the Linux... that might be more of the issue. Not sure what the site is checking. Edge on linux did get past the check though
so that's my statement for the "FYI".
This is probably the 1st time I've had a browser issue in a year. The only problem this time was I was trying to follow someone on the
phone and it was irritating.

Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<slrnt2lenv.kr9i.BitTwister@wb.home.test>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3171&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3171

From: BitTwis...@mouse-potato.com (Bit Twister)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
version.
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 20:59:07 -0600
 by: Bit Twister - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 02:59 UTC

On Thu, 10 Mar 2022 15:54:26 -0500, Big Al wrote:

> I was trying 2 things on my Linux. I was prompted by the Xfinity support to go to a specific page on their site but Firefox nor Chrome nor
> Waterfox would let me go there. Browser outdated or some such issue. And we all (linux users) know that Mint at least repros are just a
> bit out of date.
> Finally wound up using wife's Windows Firefox to do the job.
>
> I also was trying to process a payment elsewhere that rejected my browser.
>
> Seems the Microsoft Edge Dev Browser that I have installed (native Linux install from deb) works great. No pages were bulking at an old
> browser, it did what I wanted, had my password manager working as well to allow me to get around.
>
> Edge is a free download and a simple deb file. (not a MS shill, just trying pass on options).
> Think about it, for those once every 6 months issue at least.

Most updates to firefox/thunderbird have security updates. I have no
desire to have my system cracked. Most criminals are out trying to
find un-patched software within 24 hours of release.

As a result I have created a script to install the latest thunderbird/firefox
on my Mageia Release Linux install.

Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<slrnt2lf9s.kr9i.BitTwister@wb.home.test>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3172&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3172

From: BitTwis...@mouse-potato.com (Bit Twister)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
version.
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 21:08:42 -0600
 by: Bit Twister - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 03:08 UTC

On Thu, 10 Mar 2022 18:38:15 -0500, Big Al wrote:
> On 3/10/22 17:23, this is what Nic wrote:

>>> I don't use linux for the financials.
>>
>> Why?
>>
> I don't do the financials in the house mostly <grin>. I buy some on line, but that's just spending money. I'm good at that.

I did too until I started getting stocks and tax prepares wanted to charge
me $50+ a tax form. Now using H&Block to generate my yearly US tax form.
Currently writing a bash script to do my quarterly tax estimates.

Using pdftotext to convert irs/bank's pdf forms to text for parsing out desired
data and using bc for the math.

Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<t0fb7r$1li$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3173&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3173

From: djc...@eircom.net (David Catterall)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
version.
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 11:19:22 +0000
 by: David Catterall - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 11:19 UTC

On 10/03/2022 20:54, Big Al wrote:

> I was prompted by the Xfinity support to go to a specific page on their
> site but Firefox nor Chrome nor Waterfox would let me go there.

I recently tried to access the (British) Ordnance Survey site with my
"Waterfox current" and was told that my browser is out of date. But I
used my second browser, Firefox 95, with no problems.

Cheers,
>David in Co Longford

Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<gohm2hdaroo2qbqqj1tv8k5urdlke8j8po@net.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3174&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3174

From: Yrrah-a...@aolm.invalid (Yrrah)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Sender: Yrrah <Yrrah-aolm@aolm.invalid>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 14:13:01 +0100
 by: Yrrah - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 13:13 UTC

Big Al <Bears@invalid.com>:
> Edge is a free download and a simple deb file. (not a MS shill, just trying pass on options).
> Think about it, for those once every 6 months issue at least.

A Chromium (= Evil Google) based Micro$oft product? No, never.
Have you taken illegal substances? ;-)
I use an agent spoofer and change its profile when I run into the "old version
problem", which doesn't happen often.

Yrrah

Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<t0fie8$qoi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3175&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3175

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
version.
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 08:22:14 -0500
 by: Big Al - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 13:22 UTC

On 3/11/22 08:13, this is what Yrrah wrote:
> Big Al <Bears@invalid.com>:
>
>> Edge is a free download and a simple deb file. (not a MS shill, just trying pass on options).
>> Think about it, for those once every 6 months issue at least.
>
> A Chromium (= Evil Google) based Micro$oft product? No, never.
> Have you taken illegal substances? ;-)
> I use an agent spoofer and change its profile when I run into the "old version
> problem", which doesn't happen often.
>
> Yrrah

I booted my windows firefox and copied the useragent.
Then launched my Linux Waterfox and altered it's useragent to look like Windows Firefox.
The web pages work now.

The only answer I can come up with is the original useragent I got from a search must have had some punctuation wrong.

Oh well, it works now. That makes my life easier.

PS. Edge is loaded for the fun of it. I rarely use it.

Al

Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<Y_IWJ.27812$uW1.13512@fx27.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3176&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3176

version.
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 09:27:03 -0500
 by: Nic - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 14:27 UTC

On 3/10/22 6:37 PM, Big Al wrote:
> On 3/10/22 17:28, this is what Nic wrote:

>>> I'm saying the browser is out of date.  Not the newest version. Old.
>>> Needs and update.  Whatever words you want to use.  Pick one.
>>
>> If I were to pick a word it would be Linux.
>>
>> For the record, what version of ff failed your connection?
>>
>> Why did the word 'shill' even come up in your words?
>>

> Just that some people seem to think a person suggesting chrome for
> example or Windows 11 are shills.  Of course I do have to admit it's
> after the 40th post the person writes.   Anyway nothing intended.
> Just a comment to keep the flack down.

I understand. So I hope you forgive my cynical view that the 'system' is
slowly herding us all in to the way it wants to be accessed.

Re: Interesting work around for sites that think browser is old version.

<t0fong$ejc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3178&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3178

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
version.
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 10:09:36 -0500
 by: Big Al - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 15:09 UTC

On 3/11/22 09:27, this is what Nic wrote:
> On 3/10/22 6:37 PM, Big Al wrote:

>>> If I were to pick a word it would be Linux.
>>>
>>> For the record, what version of ff failed your connection?
>>>
>>> Why did the word 'shill' even come up in your words?
>>>

>> Just that some people seem to think a person suggesting chrome for example or Windows 11 are shills.  Of course I do have to admit it's
>> after the 40th post the person writes.   Anyway nothing intended. Just a comment to keep the flack down.
>
> I understand. So I hope you forgive my cynical view that the 'system' is slowly herding us all in to the way it wants to be accessed.

Ironic... "herding us".... like sheep.