"Only the hypocrite is really rotten to the core." -- Hannah Arendt.

devel / comp.theory / Re: Update on My Future Plans

SubjectAuthor
* Update on My Future PlansB.H.
`* Update on My Future PlansB.H.
 +- Update on My Future PlansB.H.
 `* Update on My Future PlansB.H.
  +- Update on My Future Planswij
  `* Update on My Future PlansB.H.
   `- Update on My Future Planswij

1
Update on My Future Plans

<56cdaf33-dbb5-4ef0-afc7-29f0432e2179n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31587&group=comp.theory#31587

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 15:45:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Update on My Future Plans
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Wed, 4 May 2022 22:45 UTC

Hi everyone,

I will probably skip my stock investing program for now, since it might not be worth the time; there might be STEM-related reasons that would greatly limit my returns from the program that I don't know about, so I could just wait to try it out or skip it completely.

Anyway, here is my plan for if I'm released:

- Get a day job in computer programming to fund this effort.
- Patent my 3D graphics tech idea when I have enough money.
- Seek a VC investment along the lines of $5 million for 5% of a firm.
- If I can't get it, try to publish 5 CMI problems and get $5 million in 2 years.
- Use the money to start an initially EE-focused firm, selling new products.
- Basically be the "acting CTO," hire a CEO, and mostly stay out of biz issues.
- Exert control mainly over discrimination and ethics/rule-following issues.
- Devise more excellent EE products and sell them; maybe keep IP secret.
- Eventually, use the firm's brand to start an AI internet news startup.
- Try to quit and work from home as soon as possible, taking a $1 salary.
- Pursue other professional goals like writing while working from home.

That is my current plan for getting very wealthy and having an impactful career once I'm released. I'll still withhold things; my service will still take place, partly via publication of ideas I don't need. I am still vying for a release that is in the near future, since I've established that I'm a provably completely innocent victim with provable talent, honesty, and virtuous inclinations that will lead to me to help the economy, rather than fight it, if I'm released; I would also work to help many other human-rights victims like me, so my release would be a very good "investment" for helping the world, since it would help thousands of other good-guy people who have been trapped get out of trouble "for free" beyond the investment of liberating me. That is why it would be so worth it to get me out of here as soon as possible; you can still send me an email if you would like to talk about it or excuse, e.g., Warren Buffett's and Terence Tao's failures to act on this pressing issue--my freedom from trafficking, so that I can help to solve problems in the world.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: Update on My Future Plans

<ee8c7cd6-c4e7-43a5-add4-e885e99cbf31n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31650&group=comp.theory#31650

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 10:14:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Update on My Future Plans
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Thu, 5 May 2022 17:14 UTC

On Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 6:45:34 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I will probably skip my stock investing program for now, since it might not be worth the time; there might be STEM-related reasons that would greatly limit my returns from the program that I don't know about, so I could just wait to try it out or skip it completely.
>
> Anyway, here is my plan for if I'm released:
>
> - Get a day job in computer programming to fund this effort.
> - Patent my 3D graphics tech idea when I have enough money.
> - Seek a VC investment along the lines of $5 million for 5% of a firm.
> - If I can't get it, try to publish 5 CMI problems and get $5 million in 2 years.
> - Use the money to start an initially EE-focused firm, selling new products.
> - Basically be the "acting CTO," hire a CEO, and mostly stay out of biz issues.
> - Exert control mainly over discrimination and ethics/rule-following issues.
> - Devise more excellent EE products and sell them; maybe keep IP secret.
> - Eventually, use the firm's brand to start an AI internet news startup.
> - Try to quit and work from home as soon as possible, taking a $1 salary.
> - Pursue other professional goals like writing while working from home.
>
> That is my current plan for getting very wealthy and having an impactful career once I'm released. I'll still withhold things; my service will still take place, partly via publication of ideas I don't need. I am still vying for a release that is in the near future, since I've established that I'm a provably completely innocent victim with provable talent, honesty, and virtuous inclinations that will lead to me to help the economy, rather than fight it, if I'm released; I would also work to help many other human-rights victims like me, so my release would be a very good "investment" for helping the world, since it would help thousands of other good-guy people who have been trapped get out of trouble "for free" beyond the investment of liberating me. That is why it would be so worth it to get me out of here as soon as possible; you can still send me an email if you would like to talk about it or excuse, e.g., Warren Buffett's and Terence Tao's failures to act on this pressing issue--my freedom from trafficking, so that I can help to solve problems in the world.
>
> -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)

Update/Clarification:

I would probably also build desktop computer software, especially initially to raise money. I forgot to think that through when I first wrote this.

I probably would build a desktop application that uses the 3D graphics that I would patent as my first product, to get more employees involved in the company. I have thought about the question, "Why do Facebook and Google have so many employees?", and I think I believe that they hire programmers who look on the firm's service and on the internet and beyond to find "big enough problems" to solve with a computer program and then develop solutions for these problems. I will probably not focus on that approach as much.

I don't really have a great initial desktop computer program that I would build as my first product with the 3D graphics tech in mind yet. I would plan to not reveal my EE ideas and keep them proprietary, since I see them as even more extremely valuable...note, I'm "very confident" that my ideas are meritorious, and these I've tended to be right almost every time when I think that, but the ideas aren't fully confirmed as good even by me, which seems to usually be a good enough check but is obviously not the same thing as properly done peer review.

I might try to build a desktop application where users can build animated videos based on images/videos they've taken themselves; that is a preliminary idea. I would probably try to figure out how sprites are typically programmed in video-game technology computer programs--I used to use the adventure game programming system AGAST (which I still think was great as a computer programming project, not that it seems to have been extremely saleable) when I was around 12 or 13--and get some familiarity with something like OpenGL or whatever graphics technology would be appropriate to build a program where users can animate videos.

I don't actually know if that would be demanded by average consumers, but it's an initial idea I don't mind sharing. It's possible that the idea would be unpopular. You would have to have multiple cameras used to capture a person's image in a way that would be 3D; I haven't thought about how to do that much, but I figure it's already possible...you would need multiple photographs and a sense of where the person begins and the scenery ends, if you don't have blue screens or green screens or whatever.

None of the above revelations damage my ability to compete. I might try to think of a different product if that seems to be unlikely to sell, or, more likely, I might try to think of a different tech to patent. Basically, my goal is to patent something to prove to VC investors that I definitely have something valuable so that I would get a good investment. I'm not that optimistic that I would get a good price on selling IP in many cases, although maybe I would and I don't get it.

I'll post more updates as my thinking continues. As you can see, my main "skill focus" is on innovation, not complex business strategy ideas...maybe I could get into that, but I don't really want to for a long period of time..

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: Update on My Future Plans

<e6b1edfe-99b2-4fa7-98d0-0c8ab1e84062n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31653&group=comp.theory#31653

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 10:22:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Thu, 5 May 2022 17:22 UTC

On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 1:14:43 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> [...]
>
> None of the above revelations damage my ability to compete. I might try to think of a different product if that seems to be unlikely to sell, or, more likely, I might try to think of a different tech to patent. Basically, my goal is to patent something to prove to VC investors that I definitely have something valuable so that I would get a good investment. I'm not that optimistic that I would get a good price on selling IP in many cases, although maybe I would and I don't get it.
>
> I'll post more updates as my thinking continues. As you can see, my main "skill focus" is on innovation, not complex business strategy ideas...maybe I could get into that, but I don't really want to for a long period of time.

(I might try to sell the restricted assignment problem idea too; that would be a preferred way to get my initial funding, but I'm not sure if selling it would get me enough.)

Re: Update on My Future Plans

<c5d465a6-b6d1-44da-95c4-b845d6f6da58n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31806&group=comp.theory#31806

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 14:07:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Fri, 6 May 2022 21:07 UTC

> [...]
>
> None of the above revelations damage my ability to compete. I might try to think of a different product if that seems to be unlikely to sell, or, more likely, I might try to think of a different tech to patent. Basically, my goal is to patent something to prove to VC investors that I definitely have something valuable so that I would get a good investment. I'm not that optimistic that I would get a good price on selling IP in many cases, although maybe I would and I don't get it.
>
> I'll post more updates as my thinking continues. As you can see, my main "skill focus" is on innovation, not complex business strategy ideas...maybe I could get into that, but I don't really want to for a long period of time.

Update regarding 3D Graphics Patent idea:

I just thought of a new and better idea for a software project based on my idea for a graphics patent, although I could do the other one too: The idea is to build simulation software for testing of transportation equipment. The idea would be to allow users to include parameters, probably much like what other simulation software that may exist today if such software exists, that allows for using classical mechanics in physics to model various conditions, like wind, temperature, etc. ...and then to allow photographs and video to be used to create very realistic 3D computer models, with various components assigned the correct value for mass as appropriate, to allow for cheaper and/or additional testing beyond (e.g.) crash dummy testing, especially for safety concerns.

This software could drastically reduce the R&D and safety testing prices for: cars, trucks, airplanes, rocket ships, and trains. In addition to building more realistic models for vehicles, users of the software, once it was developed and ready to be sold, could also construct realistic models for different people (which could allow for excellent computer-based alternatives to crash dummies), different areas in the outdoor environment (e.g., if a firm can correct film or photograph and estimate certain properties (chemical and physics-related, such as mass) of e.g., a road or a hill), and perhaps other things. The idea is essentially: If you can film or photograph it in a "3-dimensional way," you can model it on the computer if you input a few missing parameters related to, e.g., density, possible chemical reactions, possible chemical composition that might be related to e.g. impact event (I don't actually know that much chemistry right now).

You could theoretically even model weather conditions if, e.g., you could model a "typical wind storm," a raindrop, or various other physically present entities that might be around during various weather events.

In short, software based on this technology could save lives nationally and eventually globally, and also reduce costs for firms that construct vehicles. It is possible that insurance companies might want to learn about, e.g.., weather events and how they might impact houses, but I'm not sure about that.

I haven't decided how much to charge for the software or different licenses or versions of it, but it sounds like it should be lucrative.

Based on an internet search engine search, it looks like there are 20 different car companies in the USA and over 150 globally. If you think about the opportunity cost of doing one real-live car crash dummy test--I would assume typically around $10,000--I would think, based on this very rough preliminary analysis, that I could save car companies at least $2 million a year with this software, which would suggest that I should be able to charge something like $1 million / year / company, leading to around $150 million in profit annually (since expenses for the firm would be low aside from initial time spent coding the software, which would mostly be done by me).

If you accept the idea that a firm is often worth about 10x its annual profit, then that would mean that once my firm was up and running, if the software sold for the price I indicated above and 150 firms participated in it, I would have a firm that would be worth $1.5 billion . That would surely justify an investment of $5 million in the firm.

One concern would be that the patent would expire after 20 years...even if that happened without my firm producing new products, the total income of the firm would still have produced $3 billion in profits if the product were immediately copied and replaced by competitors after the patent expired.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Update on My Future Plans

<067dcf28-f9e6-4075-9b36-299188c855f1n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31812&group=comp.theory#31812

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 14:54:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: wynii...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Fri, 6 May 2022 21:54 UTC

On Saturday, 7 May 2022 at 05:07:58 UTC+8, B.H. wrote:
> [...]
>
> One thing I could possibly do is: Not publish the patent to show how the tech works, and try to devise zero knowledge proof software instead, to prove a certain graphics-related capability mathematically to investors. For one thing, there is a particular mathematical well-formed formula that I would want to show that I have a proof for without revealing the algorithm that helps me perform the task...perhaps I could map that wf to a SAT instance and construct 0KP software to demonstrate that I can prove it to investors..
>
> I could construct the software securely, so that, e.g., hexedit could not be used to ascertain how the program works even given a compiled program.

<7feac02f-7aaf-4ad5-b27a-de2ef0f4e30cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31835&group=comp.theory#31835

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 18:50:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Sat, 7 May 2022 01:50 UTC

On Friday, May 6, 2022 at 5:07:58 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> [...]
>
> One thing I could possibly do is: Not publish the patent to show how the tech works, and try to devise zero knowledge proof software instead, to prove a certain graphics-related capability mathematically to investors. For one thing, there is a particular mathematical well-formed formula that I would want to show that I have a proof for without revealing the algorithm that helps me perform the task...perhaps I could map that wf to a SAT instance and construct 0KP software to demonstrate that I can prove it to investors..
>
> I could construct the software securely, so that, e.g., hexedit could not be used to ascertain how the program works even given a compiled program.

<e57a9a9c-83b9-4d4f-8d8c-d247a2f514f5n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31854&group=comp.theory#31854

Newsgroups: comp.theory