Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 09:30:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A post about psych health.
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Sat, 7 May 2022 16:30 UTC

Hi psychology-interested readers,

I think I learned something about my stress reaction and mood last night. In particular, I think I know why taking my medications at 10 p.m. sometimes causes me to feel weird.

Basically, I think my mood is higher or lower than it ought to be during the day in many cases, and I think that one of my medications suddenly starts stabilizing it shortly after I take it. Without knowing any real neurology, I think I get what might be happening: I think that maybe there is a part of my mind that tries to "take the pulse" of my mood, and when I take my pills at night, my mood jumps or falls, stabilizing due to the med, without the part of my mind that tries to "take the pulse" of my mood being able to figure out the change quickly enough.

I noticed last night that my reaction to Super Mario was different--I felt more annoyed by trivialities and trivial thoughts than I had the night before--so that was the first time that I realized that my mood might have moved in a different direction, compared to the night before, when I took my med.

None of that is proved, of course; it's just a patient report. I realized that it is possible that since sleep fixes my mood quite thoroughly each night, that it might be that being conscious and thinking thoughts for a long time after taking the medications might be one way to see the problem. I am thinking about trying to get to sleep quickly after taking my medication, so that, maybe, my unconscious mind can step in and be prioritized resource-wise and thus resolve the mood issues without the problem of "insufficient mood-pulse taking" or whatever after I take my meds.

So that is my patient report on what I learned recently about medications and the mood issues I've had with them at night...it seems like there is a problem with part of my brain taking my "mood pulse" after my mood jumps or whatever after I take the medications, and maybe getting to sleep quickly would be a good answer. Maybe there are other ways to stop the problem too, though, I don't know.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: A post about psych health.

<6b5795c6-ae81-427d-9d83-41b4be64c34fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31870&group=comp.theory#31870

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 10:27:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: A post about psych health.
From: wynii...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Sat, 7 May 2022 17:27 UTC

On Sunday, 8 May 2022 at 00:30:42 UTC+8, B.H. wrote:
> Hi psychology-interested readers,
>
> I think I learned something about my stress reaction and mood last night. In particular, I think I know why taking my medications at 10 p.m. sometimes causes me to feel weird.
>
> Basically, I think my mood is higher or lower than it ought to be during the day in many cases, and I think that one of my medications suddenly starts stabilizing it shortly after I take it. Without knowing any real neurology, I think I get what might be happening: I think that maybe there is a part of my mind that tries to "take the pulse" of my mood, and when I take my pills at night, my mood jumps or falls, stabilizing due to the med, without the part of my mind that tries to "take the pulse" of my mood being able to figure out the change quickly enough.
>
> I noticed last night that my reaction to Super Mario was different--I felt more annoyed by trivialities and trivial thoughts than I had the night before--so that was the first time that I realized that my mood might have moved in a different direction, compared to the night before, when I took my med.
>
> None of that is proved, of course; it's just a patient report. I realized that it is possible that since sleep fixes my mood quite thoroughly each night, that it might be that being conscious and thinking thoughts for a long time after taking the medications might be one way to see the problem. I am thinking about trying to get to sleep quickly after taking my medication, so that, maybe, my unconscious mind can step in and be prioritized resource-wise and thus resolve the mood issues without the problem of "insufficient mood-pulse taking" or whatever after I take my meds.
>
> So that is my patient report on what I learned recently about medications and the mood issues I've had with them at night...it seems like there is a problem with part of my brain taking my "mood pulse" after my mood jumps or whatever after I take the medications, and maybe getting to sleep quickly would be a good answer. Maybe there are other ways to stop the problem too, though, I don't know.
>
> -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)

Give up the diff. eq. might help. But, law is definite: Philip is detained, enslaved
and tortured in prison until a working compression algorithm is presented, life-long effective.