[A computer is] like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy. -- Joseph Campbell

computers / alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent / Usenet Signature

SubjectAuthor
* Usenet SignatureKen Blake
+* Re: Usenet SignatureTony Cooper
|+- Re: Usenet SignatureKen Blake
|`* Re: Usenet SignatureMack A. Damia
| `* Re: Usenet SignatureKen Blake
|  `- Re: Usenet SignatureMack A. Damia
+* Re: Usenet SignatureKen Blake
|`* Re: Usenet SignatureTony Cooper
| `* Re: Usenet SignatureSomeone Else
|  +- Re: Usenet SignatureTony Cooper
|  `- Re: Usenet SignatureYour Name
`- Re: Usenet SignatureKen Blake

1
Usenet Signature

<at222htacg6764s3eorm379lh3k81ootv5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3188&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3188

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Usenet Signature
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 11:41:24 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 18:41 UTC

In Tools|Options|Posting Messages|Signatures, I created a signature,
and then in Tools|Options|Posting Messages|Personas I've selected
that signature. It should be the default used in all messages, but
it's not.

I also went to http://www.pcug.org.au/files/agtman15.pdf to look for
help. On page 118, it tells me how to do it. It says go to
Options?Posting Preferences?Signatures and, showing an image of
that Windows, it says set the default there. I can't find
Options?Posting Preferences and I can't find that window anywhere.

I'm using Agent 6.00/32.1186. Is this perhaps an issue with the
version?

Re: Usenet Signature

<ci722hlenk02skgghg10cvr8m6ao1djt17@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3189&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3189

From: tonycoop...@gmail.com (Tony Cooper)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Usenet Signature
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 15:01:14 -0500
 by: Tony Cooper - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 20:01 UTC

On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 11:41:24 -0700, Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com>
wrote:

>In Tools|Options|Posting Messages|Signatures, I created a signature,
>and then in Tools|Options|Posting Messages|Personas I've selected
>that signature. It should be the default used in all messages, but
>it's not.
>
>I also went to http://www.pcug.org.au/files/agtman15.pdf to look for
>help. On page 118, it tells me how to do it. It says go to
>Options?Posting Preferences?Signatures and, showing an image of
>that Windows, it says set the default there. I can't find
>Options?Posting Preferences and I can't find that window anywhere.
>
>I'm using Agent 6.00/32.1186. Is this perhaps an issue with the
>version?

Instructions provided in the newsgroup that you and I participate in.

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Re: Usenet Signature

<gn822hl0m8f7hbu74rpcfoc4fjfd39c5qp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3190&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3190

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 13:21:14 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 20:21 UTC

On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 15:01:14 -0500, Tony Cooper
<tonycooper214@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 11:41:24 -0700, Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com>
>wrote:
>
>>In Tools|Options|Posting Messages|Signatures, I created a signature,
>>and then in Tools|Options|Posting Messages|Personas I've selected
>>that signature. It should be the default used in all messages, but
>>it's not.
>>
>>I also went to http://www.pcug.org.au/files/agtman15.pdf to look for
>>help. On page 118, it tells me how to do it. It says go to
>>Options?Posting Preferences?Signatures and, showing an image of
>>that Windows, it says set the default there. I can't find
>>Options?Posting Preferences and I can't find that window anywhere.
>>
>>I'm using Agent 6.00/32.1186. Is this perhaps an issue with the
>>version?
>
>Instructions provided in the newsgroup that you and I participate in.

Yes, thanks. See my replies there. What you suggested didn't work.

Re: Usenet Signature

<vs822hdu9mtu4l6nn7hdsrhp00ja7bji0k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3191&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3191

From: drsteerf...@yahoo.com (Mack A. Damia)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 12:23:37 -0800
 by: Mack A. Damia - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 20:23 UTC

On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 15:01:14 -0500, Tony Cooper
<tonycooper214@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 11:41:24 -0700, Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com>
>wrote:
>
>>In Tools|Options|Posting Messages|Signatures, I created a signature,
>>and then in Tools|Options|Posting Messages|Personas I've selected
>>that signature. It should be the default used in all messages, but
>>it's not.
>>
>>I also went to http://www.pcug.org.au/files/agtman15.pdf to look for
>>help. On page 118, it tells me how to do it. It says go to
>>Options?Posting Preferences?Signatures and, showing an image of
>>that Windows, it says set the default there. I can't find
>>Options?Posting Preferences and I can't find that window anywhere.
>>
>>I'm using Agent 6.00/32.1186. Is this perhaps an issue with the
>>version?
>
>Instructions provided in the newsgroup that you and I participate in.

Do you have a monopoly on correct answers?

Ken is asking the experts.

Re: Usenet Signature

<v9922hhh0tonegp2d9ph6129gtf2vo3bg3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3192&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3192

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 13:32:37 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 20:32 UTC

On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 12:23:37 -0800, Mack A. Damia
<drsteerforth@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 15:01:14 -0500, Tony Cooper
><tonycooper214@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 11:41:24 -0700, Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>In Tools|Options|Posting Messages|Signatures, I created a signature,
>>>and then in Tools|Options|Posting Messages|Personas I've selected
>>>that signature. It should be the default used in all messages, but
>>>it's not.
>>>
>>>I also went to http://www.pcug.org.au/files/agtman15.pdf to look for
>>>help. On page 118, it tells me how to do it. It says go to
>>>Options?Posting Preferences?Signatures and, showing an image of
>>>that Windows, it says set the default there. I can't find
>>>Options?Posting Preferences and I can't find that window anywhere.
>>>
>>>I'm using Agent 6.00/32.1186. Is this perhaps an issue with the
>>>version?
>>
>>Instructions provided in the newsgroup that you and I participate in.
>
>Do you have a monopoly on correct answers?

He was referring to a potential solution elsewhere, rather than having
to post the same thing twice, and I thank him for doing that (even
though his solution didn't work).

>Ken is asking the experts.

No, I was asking anyone who could help--expert or not.

Re: Usenet Signature

<gla22htn0uu6pajjlr3bu4m4216dq48q57@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3193&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3193

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 13:56:26 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 20:56 UTC

On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 21:38:52 +0100, lisa <not.in.use@invalid.xor>
wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 11:41:24 -0700, Ken Blake wrote:
>
>>In Tools|Options|Posting Messages|Signatures, I created a signature,
>>and then in Tools|Options|Posting Messages|Personas I've selected
>>that signature. It should be the default used in all messages, but
>>it's not.
>
>When sending a message you need to select also on the lowest line (
>Persona ; From ) the next field named Signature. The default is
>[None]

Yes, I deleted the persona I had and recreated it, and for some reason
that fixed it. What you say now works (it didn't before).

But do I have to charge it from [None] to Ken every time I send a
message? Isn't there some way to set it as the default? The Usenet
default persona is set to Ken, but that doesn't seem to help.

--
The real, original Ken Blake, not some other newcomer

Re: Usenet Signature

<r7b22h5aus8o3si1716fi2bhvtkpq5i8gj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3194&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3194

From: drsteerf...@yahoo.com (Mack A. Damia)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 13:04:14 -0800
 by: Mack A. Damia - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 21:04 UTC

On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 13:32:37 -0700, Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 12:23:37 -0800, Mack A. Damia
><drsteerforth@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 15:01:14 -0500, Tony Cooper
>><tonycooper214@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Instructions provided in the newsgroup that you and I participate in.
>>
>>Do you have a monopoly on correct answers?
>

>He was referring to a potential solution elsewhere, rather than having
>to post the same thing twice, and I thank him for doing that (even
>though his solution didn't work).

Yes, I saw that, and that is what I was referring to.

>>Ken is asking the experts.

>No, I was asking anyone who could help--expert or not.

If you ask Ralph Fox's newsgroup, you are asking the experts.

Re: Usenet Signature

<rke22hls81trjcig0gqg9gdbd5tkbmis0k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3195&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3195

From: tonycoop...@gmail.com (Tony Cooper)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 17:01:32 -0500
 by: Tony Cooper - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 22:01 UTC

On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 13:56:26 -0700, Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 21:38:52 +0100, lisa <not.in.use@invalid.xor>
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 11:41:24 -0700, Ken Blake wrote:
>>
>>>In Tools|Options|Posting Messages|Signatures, I created a signature,
>>>and then in Tools|Options|Posting Messages|Personas I've selected
>>>that signature. It should be the default used in all messages, but
>>>it's not.
>>
>>When sending a message you need to select also on the lowest line (
>>Persona ; From ) the next field named Signature. The default is
>>[None]
>

>Yes, I deleted the persona I had and recreated it, and for some reason
>that fixed it. What you say now works (it didn't before).
>
>But do I have to charge it from [None] to Ken every time I send a
>message? Isn't there some way to set it as the default? The Usenet
>default persona is set to Ken, but that doesn't seem to help.

See my post in the other newsgroup regarding editing the Persona to
achieve this.

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Re: Usenet Signature

<jgg22hp1l6476os6mc287nhiusioob3n7e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3196&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3196

From: someone....@example.com.invalid (Someone Else)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 17:39:34 -0500
 by: Someone Else - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 22:39 UTC

In Message-ID:<rke22hls81trjcig0gqg9gdbd5tkbmis0k@4ax.com>,
Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com> wrote:

>See my post in the other newsgroup regarding editing the Persona to
>achieve this.

Someone asks an Agent question in the Agent newsgroup. Other people
who may have his problem will find his question here. They will find
that their question has an answer! Unfortunately, that answer is in a
different, unnamed newsgroup.

"I'm sorry, your answer is in another castle."

Re: Usenet Signature

<31i22h5a8hsdj9ea2vqrq4cbvip76mmj93@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3197&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3197

From: tonycoop...@gmail.com (Tony Cooper)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 18:09:44 -0500
 by: Tony Cooper - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 23:09 UTC

On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 17:39:34 -0500, Someone Else
<someone.else@example.com.invalid> wrote:

>In Message-ID:<rke22hls81trjcig0gqg9gdbd5tkbmis0k@4ax.com>,
>Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>See my post in the other newsgroup regarding editing the Persona to
>>achieve this.
>
>Someone asks an Agent question in the Agent newsgroup. Other people
>who may have his problem will find his question here. They will find
>that their question has an answer! Unfortunately, that answer is in a
>different, unnamed newsgroup.
>
>"I'm sorry, your answer is in another castle."

I understand what your objection is, but in this case there has been
an ongoing thread in that other newsgroup with several posts, and the
one referred to above had screenshot images attached.

Ken requested help in setting up his sig in the other newsgroup prior
to posting here. It seemed best to contain the necessary information
in the original thread in the original newsgroup.

If you do want to know the gist of the reply, a screenshot of the
Persona editing pane was provided with the two boxes under Signatures
changed to add the sig line. How to set-up a sig line had already
been shown. This last post was to instruct Agent to use that sig line
on all posts.

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Re: Usenet Signature

<svrjel$1t5a$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3199&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3199

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 12:36:49 +1300
 by: Your Name - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 23:36 UTC

On 2022-03-03 16:39:34 +0000, Someone Else said:

> Someone asks an Agent question in the Agent newsgroup. Other people
> who may have his problem will find his question here. They will find
> that their question has an answer! Unfortunately, that answer is in a
> different, unnamed newsgroup.
>
> "I'm sorry, your answer is in another castle."

A time search containing the necessary keywords found the 2 respondents had
updated this misplaced convo about five minutes ago in this post by Ken.
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.usage.english/c/b-9Meo7maDg/m/NCj5Xa1JBAAJ

Re: Usenet Signature

<rh252hp8igaiograblt4v8pc6tf1hnoprj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3203&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3203

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 14:56:16 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 21:56 UTC

On Sat, 05 Mar 2022 09:27:24 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

Thanks very much. With a bunch of trial and error and some help from
others, I had already figured it out myself.

I neglected to post again, saying it was fixed and my original message
should be ignored. I had meant to and I forgot. Sorry.

All seem well now.

--
The real, original Ken Blake, not some other newcomer