From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: FTC To Hold Program On Protecting Kids From Stealth Advertising In Digital Media [telecom]
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 10:04:58 -0400
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Thu, 26 May 2022 14:04 UTC

by Jeffrey A. Greenbaum

The Federal Trade Commission announced ...

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/news/press-releases/2022/05/ftc-hold-virtual-event-protecting-kids-stealth-advertising-digital-media

.... that it plans to hold a virtual event to examine "how best to
protect children from a growing array of manipulative marketing
practices that make it difficult or impossible for children to
distinguish ads from entertainment in digital media."

The event, which will be held on October 19, 2022, will look at
practices such as "the rapidly growing 'kid influencer' marketplace in
which the line between paid promotions and unsponsored videos is often
blurred."

https://tinyurl.com/2h5afpeb

--
Bill Horne
(Remve QRM from my email address to send me email directly)