From: jmlay...@invalid.invalid (Jeff Layman)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Firefox 98.0.1
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 18:25:45 +0000
 by: Jeff Layman - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 18:25 UTC

This turned up a couple of hours ago on the update manager. There
weren't even release notes available! That's extremely quick for an
update on Mint; I wonder why it was there that quickly.

--

Jeff

Re: Firefox 98.0.1

<t0o34p$14bq$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3196&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3196

From: jacsta...@gmail.com (Jack Stac)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Re: Firefox 98.0.1
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 18:53:32 +0000
 by: Jack Stac - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 18:53 UTC

On 14/03/2022 18:25, Jeff Layman wrote:
> There weren't even release notes available!

> Yandex and Mail.ru have been removed as optional search providers in the drop-down search menu in Firefox.
>
> If you previously installed a customized version of Firefox with Yandex or Mail.ru, offered through partner distribution channels, this release removes those customizations, including add-ons and default bookmarks. Where applicable, your browser will revert back to default settings, as offered by Mozilla. All other releases of Firefox remain unaffected by the change.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/98.0.1/releasenotes/

Re: Firefox 98.0.1

<t0o5fo$4aag$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3197&group=alt.os.linux.mint#3197

From: NP2...@somewhere.invalid (NP2)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 20:36:24 +0100
 by: NP2 - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 19:36 UTC

Jeff Layman wrote:
> This turned up a couple of hours ago on the update manager. There
> weren't even release notes available! That's extremely quick for an
> update on Mint; I wonder why it was there that quickly.

It was quick because there is only one change to the program, as noted
in the release changes: