Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 07:44:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: How to deal with Biden's internet giveaway.
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Mon, 9 May 2022 14:44 UTC

https://www.abqjournal.com/2497123/biden-starts-program-to-provide-discounted-internet-service.html

The game-theory way to see this is: Joe Biden is trying to give happiness-inducing benefits--a free gem, which impacts player utility based on the pleasure they derive from internet--to people.

The best response is: Notify beneficiaries of this, with or without Biden knowing, that Biden is a "morally/informationally tainted actor"--he truly lies and commits very bad and lethal human-rights violations, and is not open to discussion with the people who have been hurt by his actions. Accepting benefits from him is like being an Iraqi citizen before the US invasion, receiving benefits from Saddam Hussein; no matter what he says, you don't want to be seen associating with him, or deriving benefits from his actions.

Biden has no interest in cleaning up his act. Unlike me, he presents himself in a misleading way and lies about who he is and what immoral things he does (I don't do immoral things). Notification not of his hostility, but instead of his "evil and dishonest nature," is something that he cannot prevent certain entities from doing without his knowledge, so that he cannot strike back.

Rational internet recipients will be worried about the gift; likely, if they understand the rational course of action, they will accept it, and "pay up for it" with the simple and easy action of taking some time to criticize Biden for his bad deeds, which ought to absolve them of being beneficiaries of his evil operation. In short, morally, if you get something you need from a bad guy, but can voice the true criticisms of your benefactor in a totally honest and fair way, you stop being "morally responsible" in a bad way for benefiting from a bad guy helping you...you agreed to help the victims of the bad guy who helped you by making a real effort to bring him down, as a cheap gift of your own to make up for your benefactor's crimes.

You'll note that there is nothing wrong with disclosing this...Biden doesn't have the power to make his adversaries be completely silent about the truth about him, and he can't use this idea himself or maneuver around it; the power of psychological warfare belongs to the virtuous and the honest, and bad guys who try to dress up as the good guys usually get stabbed in the back, quickly and repeatedly, for trying to be "moles" in the club of good guys. If Biden tries to lie, again, he will just get backstabbed again and again in a way that he will likely never understand, as he likely has been before.

So sharing this kind of strategic advice about how to deal with Biden giveaways doesn't cost me anything; this technique can't be thwarted when used against Biden and it can't be used on me or by bad guys. Honesty is valuable; submitting false information to someone is less than worthless, whether the recipient understands the falsity of the data or not. The economy understands lies, though.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)