Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 08:44:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Here is what I think will happen next....
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Mon, 9 May 2022 15:44 UTC

On strategic irrationality and ego/emotions-fueled "leadership": "The Art of Losing":

- I will try to be nice and encourage Berkshire-Hathaway types to help me.
- They will respond by slapping me.
- I will issue a warning, demanding that I be treated fairly.
- B-H types will laugh quietly and pretend to agree to that in code.
- I will indicate, truthfully, that I have a way to defend myself and strike back.
- B-H types will sign a fake peace agreement and tell others I'm a Nazi.
- B-H types will quietly and stratetgically dare others to call them Nazis.
- A few people will, and B-H types will smile grimly and "research them."
- Philip will indicate a hopefulness that the treaty will be stuck to.
- B-H types will say, "Yes, of course we'll stick to the deal."
- The clock strikes midnight, and the treaty was nothing. The deal is broken.
- Philip retaliates with a capability; everyone else loses out.
- B-H types say it was something else.
- Philip says it was him.
- B-H types *dare* Philip to reveal his capability
- Philip waits several months.
- Philip reveals his capability...it was *HIM* indeed who struck back!
- Outrage ensues! What, we were told Philip was powerless?!
- "Philip! How dare you not be powerless! This is all your fault."
- Philip indicates that you should blame the B-H types who got it wrong.
- B-H types and backers plug their ears--"WE don't negotiate with terrorists!"
- The stock market falls.
- Philip requests his freedom once again.
- Repeat step 1; foreign adversaries grin, & Philip but not B-H types know it.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: Here is what I think will happen next....

<2555d0f3-cfe4-4842-a293-2c619cbae963n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31997&group=comp.theory#31997

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 08:53:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Here is what I think will happen next....
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Mon, 9 May 2022 15:53 UTC

On Monday, May 9, 2022 at 11:44:41 AM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> On strategic irrationality and ego/emotions-fueled "leadership": "The Art of Losing":
>
> - I will try to be nice and encourage Berkshire-Hathaway types to help me..
> - They will respond by slapping me.
> - I will issue a warning, demanding that I be treated fairly.
> - B-H types will laugh quietly and pretend to agree to that in code.
> - I will indicate, truthfully, that I have a way to defend myself and strike back.
> - B-H types will sign a fake peace agreement and tell others I'm a Nazi.
> - B-H types will quietly and stratetgically dare others to call them Nazis.
> - A few people will, and B-H types will smile grimly and "research them."
> - Philip will indicate a hopefulness that the treaty will be stuck to.
> - B-H types will say, "Yes, of course we'll stick to the deal."
> - The clock strikes midnight, and the treaty was nothing. The deal is broken.
> - Philip retaliates with a capability; everyone else loses out.
> - B-H types say it was something else.
> - Philip says it was him.
> - B-H types *dare* Philip to reveal his capability
> - Philip waits several months.
> - Philip reveals his capability...it was *HIM* indeed who struck back!
> - Outrage ensues! What, we were told Philip was powerless?!
> - "Philip! How dare you not be powerless! This is all your fault."
> - Philip indicates that you should blame the B-H types who got it wrong.
> - B-H types and backers plug their ears--"WE don't negotiate with terrorists!"
> - The stock market falls.
> - Philip requests his freedom once again.
> - Repeat step 1; foreign adversaries grin, & Philip but not B-H types know it.
>
> -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)

I'm concerned: If I presented a literally *exact* play-by-play of how politics and American outcomes will go for the next four years, and how bad American decisions will be made, and exactly what could be done to stop it, would people do the exact opposite of what I recommended, follow the very clearly presented "what not to do" script exactly, get the exact terrible outcome I predicted, lose a lot, and then still not improve their performance?? I'm concerned that the answer is, "Yes, of course. We don't listen, we just act and show how confident we are, that's how we get by and do business.." Maybe the idiots will blame me for their failures on top of that?? It doesn't matter, if you haven't noticed. As you yourselves have adjudicated: Only one thing in American life matters, and that's me, my mood, and my freedom. It was your choice! Yes, it's reverse psychology, and I want you to prove me wrong and get over owning me! Yes, you might not do it, I know! Remember, it doesn't matter. Only I matter. Only my outcome matters to your life. It's not hypnosis, it's your religion. God doesn't matter. Commandments don't matter. US law, the US military's dominance--they don't matter. What happens to the Devil in your faith doesn't matter. Only one thing matters to you: Philip J. White--me, and what happens to me, and how bad I feel about things. Congratulations on your smooth conversion, idiots!

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: Here is what I think will happen next....

<d091ba0b-4565-4cbf-ae76-e97877143182n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31999&group=comp.theory#31999

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 08:56:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Mon, 9 May 2022 15:56 UTC

On Monday, May 9, 2022 at 11:53:57 AM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> [...]
> I'm concerned: If I presented a literally *exact* play-by-play of how politics and American outcomes will go for the next four years, and how bad American decisions will be made, and exactly what could be done to stop it, would people do the exact opposite of what I recommended, follow the very clearly presented "what not to do" script exactly, get the exact terrible outcome I predicted, lose a lot, and then still not improve their performance?? I'm concerned that the answer is, "Yes, of course. We don't listen, we just act and show how confident we are, that's how we get by and do business." Maybe the idiots will blame me for their failures on top of that?? It doesn't matter, if you haven't noticed. As you yourselves have adjudicated: Only one thing in American life matters, and that's me, my mood, and my freedom. It was your choice! Yes, it's reverse psychology, and I want you to prove me wrong and get over owning me! Yes, you might not do it, I know! Remember, it doesn't matter. Only I matter. Only my outcome matters to your life.. It's not hypnosis, it's your religion. God doesn't matter. Commandments don't matter. US law, the US military's dominance--they don't matter. What happens to the Devil in your faith doesn't matter. Only one thing matters to you: Philip J. White--me, and what happens to me, and how bad I feel about things. Congratulations on your smooth conversion, idiots!

"Oh, no, no, no, Sally, that's not it. That's not it at all. I'm not listening to this crap, I wanna tune this guy out. Where's the remote, I want Fox News? Tell me what happens with this guy Philip White that I'm totally not obsessed with in 6 months, I want to get away from hearing this."