Reserve your abuse for your true friends. -- Larry Wall in <199712041852.KAA19364@wall.org>

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording apps

SubjectAuthor
* Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording appsAndy Burnelli
+* Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording appsmicky
|+* Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording appsAndy Burnelli
||`- Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording appsAndy Burnelli
|`- Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording appsAndy Burnelli
+* Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording appsAndy Burnelli
|`* Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording appsmicky
| `* Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording appsAndy Burnelli
|  `* Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording appsmicky
|   `- Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording appsAndy Burnelli
`- Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording appsAndy Burnelli

1
Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording apps

<t3tlpc$6qr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30941&group=comp.mobile.android#30941

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording apps
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 08:34:18 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 07:34 UTC

After May 11th, 2022, Google is apparently killing off call recording apps
which use the Android Accessibility API to record phone conversations.
<https://lifehacker.com/how-to-record-calls-on-your-android-even-though-google-1848823180>

According to that article, if you're lucky, you "might" be able to load a
"first-party" call recording dialer which has access to the audio source
of the phone called (the feature is apparently called "VOICE_CALL").

Apparently "first-party dialers" are not affected by the rule change.

Otherwise, it's going to take a bit of cleverness to download an app with
call recording (unless you already have the app, I guess, after May 11th).
<https://play.google.com/store/search?q=automatic%20call%20recorder%20free&c=apps>

The article says that people recommend Call Recorder by skvalex
Call Recorder - SKVALEX (Trial) by SKVALEX Mobile
Trialware?, ad free, rated 3.5, 500K+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.skvalex.cr>

But a search on Aurora shows these are free, ad free & gsf free:
Automatic Call Recorder Free by ORCA CLAN TECH
free, ad free, gsf free, not rated, 1K+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.orcaclantech.Automaticcallrecorderfree>

Callina - automatic call recorder by Information Technologies LLC
free, ad free, gsf free, not rated, 10K+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.callina.app>

And these are just some of the free, ad free & gsf free apps.
Call Recorder (No Ads) by Boldbeast Software Inc.
free, ad free, requires gsf, rated 2.0, 1M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boldbeast.recorder>

Call Recorder, by Killer Mobile
free, ad free, requires gsf, rated 3.3, 1M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.killermobile.totalrecall>

TapeACall: Phone Call Recorder by Teltech Systems, Inc.
free, ad free, requires gsf, rated 3.5, 1M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapeacall.com>
FonTel - Call Recorder by Metasoft
free, ad free, requires gsf, rated 3.9, 100K+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.metasoft.fontel>
Smart Automatic Call Recorder Pro by Powersoft Tech
free, ad free, requires gsf, rated 3.0, 10K+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=powersofttech.smart.automatic.callrecorder.pro>
Call Recorder by CA Mobile
free, ad free, requires gsf, rated 3.3 1M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dev.callrecordingapp>
Automatic Call Recorder ACR by Ambition Developer
free, ad free, requires gsf, not rated, 10K+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.callrecorderautomatic.callrecorder>

If I allow ads, then that opens the floodgates of call recording apps.
Automatic Call Recorder by Appliqato
free, ad supported, rated 3.6, 100M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appstar.callrecorder>
Call Recorder - Cube ACR by Cube Apps Ltd
free, ad supported, rated 4.1, 10M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.catalinagroup.callrecorder>

Instead, here's a listing of some of the overall hits, for the record,
just in case they are deleted from the Google Play Store after May 11th, 2022.

Automatic Call Recorder Free by ORCA CLAN TECH
Call Recorder - Cube ACR by Cube Apps Ltd
Automatic Call Recorder by Appliqato
Call Recorder - Auto Recording by Call Recorder by Call Team
Automatic Call Recorder by recorder & smart apps
Call Recorder - Automatic Call Recorder Pro by SMSROBOT LTD
CallApp: Caller ID & Recording by CallApp Caller ID, Call Recorder & Spam Blocker
Call Recorder Automatic by Tap-Mobile
call recorder auto call record 2021 by endoscope us camera LLC
Call Recorder - Automatic Call Recorder - callX by SMSROBOT LTD
Automatic Call Recorder ACR by Q4U Mobile Apps
Call Recorder - CallsBox by SMSROBOT LTD
Automatic Call Recorder - ACR by Quantum4u
Call Recorder by Lucky Mobile Apps
All Call Recorder by Android Labs
Auto Call Recorder: Recording by autocallrecorder.app
Auto call recorder by Tool Apps (video, recorder)
All Call Recorder Automatic DD by ddinedev
Smart Recorder - High-quality voice recorder by SmartMob
Call Recorder (No Ads) by Boldbeast Software Inc.
TapeACall: Phone Call Recorder by Teltech Systems, Inc.
Automatic call Recording 2022 by MMDevs
Call recorder by CRYOK SIA
HD Auto Call Recorder 2022 by VDG Soft
Call Recorder - ACR by NLL
Super Call Recorder by MeiHillMan
Auto Call Recorder - Both Side by H A Studio
All Call Recorder Automatic by redmonde APPS
Auto Call Recorder : Hide App by Heavan Photo Video Editor
Call Recorder by C Mobile
Call Recorder - Auto Recording by m24apps
Call Recorder: Voice Recorder by Ayago Dev
Automatic Call Recorder ACR by PickNPlay
Call Recorder by lovekara
Full call recorder - Both Side by App-Developers
2 Ways Automatic Call Recorder for phone calls by Rich Mobile .Inc
Call Recorder by Killer Mobile
Voice Recorder by quality apps (recorder, weather, music)
All Call Recorder Automatic by Starbox
Oppo Call Recorder by Sparkling Apps
Otter: Meeting Note, Transcription, Voice Recorder by Otter.ai
Redmi Call Recorder by Sparkling Apps
Call Recorder by Smart Apps4U
Auto Call Recording by Aazmi Apps
Galaxy Call Recorder by Indie Developer
Auto Call Recording Free by Ramji Parmar
Call recorder by AM Company
Auto Call Recorder 2022 by HR App developer
call recorder 2022 by apps corner
Automatic Call Recorder Free, 2 Ways Call Recorder by Kaler Labs (Toolkit Studio)
Salestrail - Call Monitoring & Call Recorder App by Liid Oy
All Call Recorder Automatic Record by Recorder Apps (music, recorder, weather)
Recorder Phone Call by Share File Technologies by 090 Bravo
App Call Recorder by Sparkling Design and Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
Smart Automatic Call Recorder Pro by Powersoft Tech
Secret Call Recorder Lite by SimpleApps09
Call Recorder - SKVALEX (Trial) by SKVALEX Mobile
call recorder by Photo Collage Team
Call Recorder by MobileIdea Studio
Automatic Video Call Recorder - Call Recorder Free by Recofy
Call recorder: CallRec by CallRec
Automatic Call Recorder by Lion Head Tech
Call Recorder by Lions-Company
Call Cube : a automatic Call Recorder by Kunal Applications
Galaxy Call Recorder + by Indie Developer
Call Recorder Free 2019 by Rich Mobile .Inc
Call Recorder S9 & S10 by Killer Mobile
Voice Recorder by Splend Apps
All-In-One Recorder by Winmob
Automatic Call Recording |?? 2021 Call Recorder by amazonSoftApps
Callina - automatic call recorder by Information Technologies LLC
Call Recorder Automatic 2022 by ddinedev
Note Call Recorder by BigD
Phone Call & Voice Recorder by ROCKETAPPS LLC
Voice Recorder HD 2022 by HR App developer
Vivo Call Recorder by Sparkling Apps
Call Recorder - Talker ACR by Talker Labs Ltd
Call Recorder by Photo And Video Apps
All Call Recorder Automatic 2 by Starbox
Phone Call Recorder - Free by tmsapps
Automatic Pro Call Recorder by Sharka
Auto Call Recorder: Free Call Recording by Tech Inc
Auto Call Recorder & Editor by Theta Mobile
Auto Call Recorder Free by DiBaz
Voice Recorder - Dictaphone by SMSROBOT LTD
Automatic Call Recorder 2020 by Phdpan
Call Recorder - IntCall ACR by WECR TECH
Call Recorder - Automatic by Apps24 Studio
Auto Call Recorder by BeanApp
Automatic Phone Call Recorder by Expert zone
Call Recorder by Krabit Mobile
Call Recorder by EONSOFT
Automatic Call Recorder 2022 by bentwice solution
Call Recorder by Funcake Tech.
Automatic Call Recorder 2021 by VT-droid
Geek Call Recorder by Geeks.Lab.2015
Auto Call Recorder by PocketCryto
All Call Recorder Auto by MeriemDev
Auto Call Recorder by boolyhuman
Auto Caller recorder by Lido Apps
Call Recorder by mercury4apps
Automatic Call Recorder by G8
Auto Call Recorder by Apps & Tools studio
Mini Call Record - Automatic Call Recorder by America System
Call Recorder - Automatic Call Recorder - Ucall by Mworld Webtech Private Limted
Automatic Call Recording 2021: All Call Recorder by Code Lab Developers
Automatic Call Recorder ACR by Ambition Developer
Call Recorder - Tapeacall by US TECH
Automatic Call Recorder by Studio99 App Development
Automatic Call Recorder App by Giga developer's pvt.ltd
Automatic Call Recorder by Aroustechnology
Call Record Automatic by EDUCATION APPS
Auto Call Recorder by Ketnooi IT
Call Recorder Auto Call Record by Formonix Tech
Call Recording Detector: Block Recording Simulator by Meerab Apps
FonTel - Call Recorder by Metasoft
Call Recorder Automatic by Creator Inbite
Auto Call Recorder by Softyfier
HD Call Recorder App |Automatic Call Recorder Free by HubPro
Phone Call Recorder by Gurru Technology
Auto Call Recorder by Auto Recorder Calendar
Auto Call Recorder by Hafid El Bourny
Auto Call Recorder by Vinions
Auto Call Recorder - ACR by appNextG
call recorder for android phones by AppsBD
Call Recorder LITE - Auto Call Recorder by Blackshark
Call Recorder - Automatic Call Recorder - ACR by exeedlk
Call Recorder HD Automatic Free by Recto Verso
Auto Call Recording by Opoole Tech Pvt Ltd
Phone Call Recorder - Auto call recording by YanosNes Corp
All Call Recorder 2020 by Yoda bebe
Autocall Recoder pro by jaydeepdeluxe
Automatic Call Recorder - ACR by Zeron Loft Studio
Record Calls - Free and Automatic Call Recorder by Free E-Learning Hub Team
Call Recorder Gold by AM Company
Automatic All Call Recorder by Asadi
Parrot Voice Recorder by Searing Media Inc.
Automatic Call Recorder by ?Pioneers Games??
Automatic Call Recorder 2021 by Brykings, Inc.
Auto Call Recorder by NVQ Std
Call Recorder - Auto Recording by ThinkCoders
Automatic Call Recorder by INTERACTIVE LABS
Automatic Call Recorder - ACR by AorexIndia
Auto Call Recorder 2021 by AR Apps Ltd
Auto Call Recorder by rachid aslmad
Auto Call Recorder by Cronos Inc.
Auto Call Recorder by creativeMinds
Advance Call Recorder by My LTC
Auto Call Voice Recorder by PRO V
Auto Call Recorder by Fonts & Themes Studio
Auto Call Recorder by Fonts & Themes Studio
Auto Call Recorder by URBNFASHION
Auto Call Recorder Pro - Record Phone Calls by NMStudios
Call Recorder by GTX Mobile App Studio.
All Call Recorder by Darez Hiko
Auto Call Recorder - Auto Save by Charles Babbage apps
Auto call recorder by Weather Radar Team
Auto Call Recorder Premium by Nexorsoft
Call Recorder - Auto Call Recording by RSZapps.games
Call Recorder - Auto Recording by Joystickzoid Zone
Automatic Call Recorder - Call Recorder 2019 by Manya Technology
Call Reader - Automatic Call Recorder by Social Play Apps
Call Recorder Automatic - ACR Lite by V & B
Call Recorder by Digital.app
Call Recorder Auto - ACR 2022 by SmartAppsSolutions
Call Recorder by Aspiration Solutions
Voice Recorder & Audio Editor by j labs
Call Recorder - Automatic Call Recorder by Infusible Coder Pvt Ltd
Call Recorder for Phone Call by Share File Technologies by 090 Bravo
Auto Video Call Recorder For All by SolutionRecorder
Auto Call Record - Automatic easy call record app. by Shahzan Sid
Automatic Call Recorder by Geemint Inc.
ATR: All Time Recorder - 24/7 Background Voice by Smatter Enterprises
Automatic Call Recording by Creator Inbite
Auto Call Recorder by Munara Software Studio
Call Recorder for Android ACR by OpenGamez
Automatic Call Recorder 2021 by Muhammad Zubair Khan
Automatic Call Recoreder -ACR by Accura TechSoft
Auto Call Recorder by biancoazzure
Professional Automatic Call Recorder by MultiWings
Call Recorder - Auto Calls Recorder Free by Spike World
Call Recorder ACR - Automatic Call Recording App by A Matrix Apps
Call Recording: Call Recorder by Henington Apps
Call Recorder-Automatic by kanyor Apps
Call Recorder (Ads Free) by RUHTECH
Call recorder automatic HD 2021 by Namo Mobile
Call Recorder Automatic by Tool Mobile Apps
call recorder automatic by APPS DEV LLC
Tape-a-Talk Voice Recorder by Markus Dr�sser
Recorder Call Automatic by HMO DEV LLC
Call Recorder Pro - Auto Recorder by Assoult
Auto Call Recorder Free 2020 by barsa
Auto Call Recorder by Abid Ali Abbasi
Call Recorder? by SMA Studios Pvt. Ltd
Call Recorder - Auto Call Recorder 2021 by Video Player Video Downloader
Auto Call Recorder by technolts The I.T Solution, Pvt. Ltd
Universal Call Recorder by Sparkling Design and Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
best free call recorders by Azertdevapp
Free Auto Call Recorder 2021 - Record Calls by McHunter
Automatic Call Recorder: Voice call recording app by Marbella Tech
Call Recorder Auto Call Record by susanne klatten web app
Automatic Call Recorder by BRUCEN solution
call recording by rachid aslmad
Call Recorder by App.development
Any Call Recorder : Best New Automatic Call Record by Ultra Technologies LTD
Auto Call Recoder by Mohamed-Ahmed
MP3 Call Recorder by park Ave.
Recall. Phone Call Recorder by KuDi Studio OU
Auto Call Recorder by MK-Dev
Auto Call Recorder by ADSL Infotech
VK Call Reocrder - Automatic Call Recorder by VKA Creative Studio
Call Recorder by CA Mobile
Reco Call Recorder & Voice Recording App by GlintBlue
Automatic Call Recorder - Auto Call Recorder by WorldClass
Smart Voice Recorder HD Audio Recording by Alpha.20
Call Recorder - Automatic Smart Recorder by Blackshark
Video Call Recorder : Automatic and Free by Chahid PLUS
Call Recorder - Auto Recording by Henington Apps
Auto Call Recorder by Icon Innovative Developers
Call Recorder 2021 by BigD
Auto Call Recorder by IT Myanmar
Voice Activated Recorder by YHWMob-Lab
call recorder-automatic call recorder by SKL Solutions
Call Recorder Pro by Sam Lab
Call Recorder Automatic Pro by Call Center
Call Recorder for messaging by Sparkling Design and Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
Automatic Call Recorder App 2021 by JZ TECH APPS
Voice Recorder by Splend Apps
Automatic Call Recorder - Incoming & Outgoing by Nodal Technologies Pvt. Ltd
Auto Phone Call Recorder by MOBPAGE HOLDINGS LIMITED
Automatic Smart Call Recorder-SCR by vpnpro
Call Recorder Auto Recorder by Onlinii
Call Recorder - Automatic Call Recorder - Android by Call Recorder APP
Call recording service by Miyake Apps
Super record phone calls by Ahmed jaaouan
Smart Call Recorder - SCR by ibardawil
Call Recorder by Pookey Bearrox
Voice Recorder by EZ Mobile
Automatic Call Recorder - Call Recorder 2021 by Masterymania
Automatic Call Recorder by PACE Private Limited
Sound Recorder Plus: Voice Rec by Digitalchemy, LLC
Audio Recorder by Dmytro.Ponomarenko
Best Call Recorder by Sladjan
Smart Automatic Recorder by baudot laposte
Callsy: Call Recorder by Megamix Games
Call Recoder by Creative Studio Diyodar
Call Recorder Automatic Save by FreeHouseApps
Voice Recorder - Record Unlimited Audio by Raytechnoto
Good Voice Recorder - Sound & Audio Recorder by Pro App Company
Auto Call Recorder by Ucelme Apps
etc.
--
Usenet is where kind-hearted people daily gather to voluntarily help others.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording apps

<6ir56hhrhmdrpfmes9jisp5e671m8dnjlb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30984&group=comp.mobile.android#30984

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 21:11:01 +0300
 by: micky - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 18:11 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Fri, 22 Apr 2022 08:34:18 +0100, Andy
Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:

>After May 11th, 2022, Google is apparently killing off call recording apps
>which use the Android Accessibility API to record phone conversations.
> <https://lifehacker.com/how-to-record-calls-on-your-android-even-though-google-1848823180>

How are we ever going to know what Rep. McCarthy says next time if they
do that?

>According to that article, if you're lucky, you "might" be able to load a
>"first-party" call recording dialer which has access to the audio source
>of the phone called (the feature is apparently called "VOICE_CALL").
>
>Apparently "first-party dialers" are not affected by the rule change.
>
>Otherwise, it's going to take a bit of cleverness to download an app with
>call recording (unless you already have the app, I guess, after May 11th).
> <https://play.google.com/store/search?q=automatic%20call%20recorder%20free&c=apps>

So I should get one now, even though I'm not running for Congress until
2024?

>The article says that people recommend Call Recorder by skvalex
> Call Recorder - SKVALEX (Trial) by SKVALEX Mobile
> Trialware?, ad free, rated 3.5, 500K+ installs
> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.skvalex.cr>

Is there a way to dl this or one of the ones below now and still have it
available for my future phones that I don't own yet?

>But a search on Aurora shows these are free, ad free & gsf free:
> Automatic Call Recorder Free by ORCA CLAN TECH
> free, ad free, gsf free, not rated, 1K+ installs
> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.orcaclantech.Automaticcallrecorderfree>

Why are they free and ad-free? Isn't that unusual, for semething this
complicated?

what is gsf? Grieg Seafood?

> Callina - automatic call recorder by Information Technologies LLC
> free, ad free, gsf free, not rated, 10K+ installs
> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.callina.app>

Do you have a recommendation about any of these? (I was planning to
post on this very subject today or tomorrow.)

<t3v8ce$1enl$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31026&group=comp.mobile.android#31026

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 22:57:48 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 21:57 UTC

micky wrote:

> Do you have a recommendation about any of these?

Years ago I tested all ACRs that were available and wrote the tutorials.

I haven't looked in a while but the tutorial is in the permanent record.
<http://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android>

What I did last night, since I had my phone mirrored to my PC, was install a
few score of those listed ACRs which automatically "doesn't delete" the APK.
<https://i.postimg.cc/V6tyDpNd/aurora17.jpg> Don't delete APKs postinstall

Since all of Android is directly mounted to Windows as a drive letter,
I now have them all saved if I need them, onto my Windows PC.
<https://i.postimg.cc/MGzMDRf0/linktopc05.jpg>

When I need to re-install them, a drag and drop from Windows to Android will
seamlessly install any APK that I drag from Windows over to Android.
<https://i.postimg.cc/L5gnX3GS/linktopc07.jpg>

It only takes a few minutes to install & archive scores of apps that way.

That's my suggestion; but I'm hoping others know a lot more than I do about
how to recover from the Google changes slated to occur on May 11th, 2022.

Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording apps

<t3v8ia$1go8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31027&group=comp.mobile.android#31027

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 23:00:57 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 22:00 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> Since all of Android is directly mounted to Windows as a drive letter,
> I now have them all saved if I need them, onto my Windows PC.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/MGzMDRf0/linktopc05.jpg>
>
> When I need to re-install them, a drag and drop from Windows to Android will
> seamlessly install any APK that I drag from Windows over to Android.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/L5gnX3GS/linktopc07.jpg>

Dang. Wrong screenshots.

This is the shot of Android and Windows sharing the same drive letter.
<https://i.postimg.cc/hjkVFyqJ/scrcpy07.jpg> Android mounted as a Win drive

And this shows drag and drop from Windows to Android over Wi-Fi to install.
<https://i.postimg.cc/wvsbcNBz/scrcpy05.jpg> Drag APK from Windows

Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording apps

<t3vclm$pja$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31036&group=comp.mobile.android#31036

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 00:11:01 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 23:11 UTC

*How to record calls on a Samsung Galaxy smartphone*
<https://www.sammobile.com/tips/how-to-record-calls-samsung-galaxy-smartphone/>
"The ability to record calls has been a built-in feature
of Galaxy smartphones & Pixels for years now."

My default phone app from Samsung is <com.samsung.android.dialer> but it
doesn't seem to have the record calls option native.

Does yours?

Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording apps

<rdi86ht6i6pqhk79bub0l0sqne071ecepr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31073&group=comp.mobile.android#31073

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 21:50:04 +0300
 by: micky - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 18:50 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sat, 23 Apr 2022 00:11:01 +0100, Andy
Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> *How to record calls on a Samsung Galaxy smartphone*
> <https://www.sammobile.com/tips/how-to-record-calls-samsung-galaxy-smartphone/>
> "The ability to record calls has been a built-in feature
> of Galaxy smartphones & Pixels for years now."
>
>My default phone app from Samsung is <com.samsung.android.dialer> but it
>doesn't seem to have the record calls option native.
>
>Does yours?

I don't know what the name name of my app is but when I tap the Samsung
Dialer with Android 11 it shows an array of six things

Record HoldCall Bluetooth
Speaker Mute Keypad

You don't have Record?

Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording apps

<t41i7o$1k9b$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31074&group=comp.mobile.android#31074

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 19:58:16 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 18:58 UTC

micky wrote:

> I don't know what the name name of my app is but when I tap the Samsung
> Dialer with Android 11 it shows an array of six things
>
> Record HoldCall Bluetooth
> Speaker Mute Keypad
>
> You don't have Record?

What phone make and model do you have?
Mine is the Samsung Galaxy A32-5G (Android 11).

My Samsung native dialer <com.samsung.android.dialer> doesn't have a
recording option.

Apparently only Pixels and 'some' Samsungs have that option native.

If people do NOT have that option, they might want to get an app that _does_
have the option before the May 11th deadline to remove those apps from the
Google Play Store repository.

Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording apps

<ijc96ht46ui10b97oqecnktjtbs94ouajm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31098&group=comp.mobile.android#31098

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 05:19:44 +0300
 by: micky - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 02:19 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sat, 23 Apr 2022 19:58:16 +0100, Andy
Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:

>micky wrote:
>
>> I don't know what the name name of my app is but when I tap the Samsung
>> Dialer with Android 11 it shows an array of six things
>>
>> Record HoldCall Bluetooth
>> Speaker Mute Keypad
>>
>> You don't have Record?
>
>What phone make and model do you have?
>Mine is the Samsung Galaxy A32-5G (Android 11).

Samsung Galaxy A30 (SM-A305F) (android 11)

>My Samsung native dialer <com.samsung.android.dialer> doesn't have a
>recording option.

I looked to see the file name, but don't know where to look. Found a
file manager, but I don't know the hierarchy of directories.

>Apparently only Pixels and 'some' Samsungs have that option native.
>
>If people do NOT have that option, they might want to get an app that _does_
>have the option before the May 11th deadline to remove those apps from the
>Google Play Store repository.

Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording apps

<t42heq$1eoe$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31101&group=comp.mobile.android#31101

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 04:51:06 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 03:51 UTC

micky wrote:

> I looked to see the file name, but don't know where to look. Found a
> file manager, but I don't know the hierarchy of directories.

We've often covered this essential skill of how to find all the information
you need to know about the apps that are installed on your Android phone.

Frank Slootweg even posted his favorite app for that, as did I, many times.
It's an Android essential skill to know _exactly_ what app you're using.

Here's just one (of many) references to the best app on the planet for that:
*How do you find the unique app package real name on your Android device?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/4TcwyAcSPqM/>
--
Usenet is where kind-hearted people daily gather to voluntarily help others.

Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording apps

<t42hsa$1hh5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31102&group=comp.mobile.android#31102

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 04:58:18 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 03:58 UTC

micky wrote:

> Why are they free and ad-free? Isn't that unusual, for semething this
> complicated?

You'd be hard pressed to name even a single app functionality that you can't
find on the Google Play Store (using the FOSS Google Play Store client),
that isn't free and ad free (and most are GSF free too!).
> what is gsf? Grieg Seafood?

AFAIK, it's a Google API which some apps link into their programs.
In addition, and more sinister, it's a unique identifier of your account.

<https://raccoon.onyxbits.de/blog/what-exactly-is-a-gsf-id-where-do-i-get-it-from-and-why-should-i-care-2-12/>
"GSF ID stands for Google Services Framework Identifier.
The GSF ID is a unique 16 character hexadecimal number.
Your device automatically requests a new one
(if it doesn't have one already) from Google as soon as you log
your Google Account in on it for the first time.
The assignment is permanent. Once a GSF ID is registered to your account,
you can't remove it ever again (you can only stop using it)."

Some apps to get the GSF of your account on your Android phone:
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evozi.deviceid>
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redphx.deviceid>

I never tried changing the GSF, but apparently it's possible.
<https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-android-device-id.1860405/>
<http://indianyouthrockss.blogspot.com/2014/12/changehide-your-identity-with.html>
<https://repo.xposed.info/module/biz.bokhorst.xprivacy>

PS: I don't know if iOS has the concept of a GSF; maybe Steve knows.
--
Usenet is where kind-hearted people daily gather to voluntarily help others.

Re: Plan now for May 11 2022 removal of call recording apps

<t5epdt$1c99$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32097&group=comp.mobile.android#32097

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 23:37:07 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 10 May 2022 22:37 UTC

Just a warning that you have one more day unless you're a high-end Samsung or Pixel owner...

*Google will kill call recording apps on Android for good starting May 11*
<https://www.androidauthority.com/google-killing-call-recording-apps-3155610/>

*Google is removing all call recording apps on May 11*
<https://www.tomsguide.com/news/google-killing-call-recording-apps-may-11>

*Google will block all third-party call recording apps on Play Store from May 11*
<https://9to5google.com/2022/04/21/google-will-block-all-third-party-call-recording-apps-on-play-store-from-may-11/>

*Google is killing call recording apps on Android phones from May 11*
<https://www.businessinsider.in/tech/apps/news/google-is-killing-call-recording-apps-on-android-phones-from-may-11/articleshow/90974410.cms>

*Google Will Kill Call Recording Android Apps Starting May 11*
<https://onsitego.com/blog/google-kill-call-recording-android-apps-may-11/>

*From May 11, call recording may not be possible through third-party apps on Android phones*
<https://www.wionews.com/technology/from-may-11-call-recording-may-not-be-possible-through-third-party-apps-on-android-phones-reports-473177>

*Android call recording apps won�t work on your Galaxy phone after May 11*
<https://www.sammobile.com/news/android-call-recording-apps-wont-work-galaxy-phone-may-11/>

*You May Not Be Able To Record Phone Calls On Android Smartphones From May 11*
<https://www.news18.com/news/tech/you-may-not-be-able-to-record-phone-calls-on-android-smartphones-from-may-11-heres-why-5023507.html>
etc.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to help others & to learn from them.