From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: White dot on the screen of my camera app?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 23:05:14 +0300
 by: micky - Wed, 11 May 2022 20:05 UTC

My Samsung Galaxy A-30 camera app sometimes has a white dot on the
screen, t he same size and color as the button you tap to take a
picture.

I presume that's there so you can use a convenient finger to trip the
shutter???

But if the circle is not there, and I think usually it's not, how to do
you make it appear?

Is this a Samsung feature or is it common.

Re: White dot on the screen of my camera app?

<t5h8ju$1u5m2$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32172&group=comp.mobile.android#32172

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: White dot on the screen of my camera app?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 21:08:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Wed, 11 May 2022 21:08 UTC

micky wrote:

> My Samsung Galaxy A-30 camera app sometimes has a white dot on the
> screen, t he same size and color as the button you tap to take a
> picture.
>
> I presume that's there so you can use a convenient finger to trip the
> shutter???
>
> But if the circle is not there, and I think usually it's not, how to do
> you make it appear?
>
> Is this a Samsung feature or is it common.

Did you look in the Samsung Camera settings?

Samsung Camera
Settings
Shooting methods
Floating Shutter button

Take pictures with an extra Shutter button you can move anywhere on the
screen.
On or Off

Re: White dot on the screen of my camera app?

<ta9p7hlrgt2teoaips8ib3nldg8gunbdjc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32207&group=comp.mobile.android#32207

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 09:13:55 +0300
 by: micky - Thu, 12 May 2022 06:13 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 11 May 2022 21:08:15 -0000 (UTC), John
Doe <always.look@message.header> wrote:

>micky wrote:
>
>> My Samsung Galaxy A-30 camera app sometimes has a white dot on the
>> screen, t he same size and color as the button you tap to take a
>> picture.
>>
>> I presume that's there so you can use a convenient finger to trip the
>> shutter???
>>
>> But if the circle is not there, and I think usually it's not, how to do
>> you make it appear?
>>
>> Is this a Samsung feature or is it common.
>
>Did you look in the Samsung Camera settings?
>
>Samsung Camera
>Settings
>Shooting methods
>Floating Shutter button
>
>Take pictures with an extra Shutter button you can move anywhere on the
>screen.
>On or Off

Thanks. I didn't think to look there. I will in a few minutes.

Re: White dot on the screen of my camera app?

<t5m7ak$s7r$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32265&group=comp.mobile.android#32265

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 19:17:16 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 13 May 2022 18:17 UTC

micky wrote:

> I didn't think to look there.

Classic micky.