From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Obtaining Android device identifiers & runtime environment & other IDs & versions
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 16:26:52 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 17 May 2022 15:26 UTC

It would be nice to have a single app that gave all the device information
we need, such as the various IDs and runtime environment versions, where
these are the ones I use (I post this so others benefit & help out).

These some I use, each of which does something different.

*DevCheck Hardware and System Info* by flar2
Free + inapp, ad free, Google free, gsf free, rated 4.8, 1M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.devcheck>

*Device ID* by Evozi
Free, ad free, Google free, GSF free, rated 4.5, 1M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evozi.deviceid>

*Inware* by evowizz
Free, ad free, Google free, gsf free, rated 4.4, 100K+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evo.inware>

*Device Info HW* by Andrey Efremov
Free, ad free, Google free, gsf free, rated 4.7, 1M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.andr7e.deviceinfohw>

*Device ID* by BINHDRM26
Free, ad free, Google free, gsf free, unrated, 10K+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.binhdrm.deviceid>

*Device Identifiers* by Umang Chamaria (this gets the advertising ID)
Free, ad free, Google free, GSF free, rated 3.8, 5K+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.utility.identifydevice>

Unfortunately, I haven't found one app which gives you everything you need.

If you can find an app that does all that we need, that would be great, as
it would be nice, for example, to have all the critical versions spit out
by a single app.
Android Security Patch Level version
Google Play Services version
Google Play Store version
Google Play System update version
Android Device ID
Google Services Framework ID
Google Advertising ID
Java VM Android Runtime version
Media DRM Widevine CDM Device Unique ID
Hardware Serial Number
Device Build Fingerprint
etc.
--
Usenet allows purposefully helpful people to pool their experiences.

Re: Obtaining Android device identifiers & runtime environment & other IDs & versions

<t7gokm$obh$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32713&group=comp.mobile.android#32713

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 00:08:32 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 4 Jun 2022 23:08 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> It would be nice to have a single app that gave all the device information
> we need, such as the various IDs and runtime environment versions, where
> these are the ones I use (I post this so others benefit & help out).

I found an app that is "supposed" to give you all the identifiers,
but it isn't working the way I had expected it to, so I opened this thread.
*Does the Kaltura device identification app work for you?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/JsvTgDdPYgU>

Here are some screenshots showing the different outputs of each app:
<https://i.postimg.cc/G2Cz4GHz/gsfid04.jpg> Evozi Device ID
<https://i.postimg.cc/0QYWnZLL/gsfid05.jpg> Kaltura Device ID
<https://i.postimg.cc/4dRD5YFF/gsfid06.jpg> Kaltura F-Droid output
<https://i.postimg.cc/MKZ8NjZC/gsfid07.jpg> F-Droid Kaltura Device IDs
--
What's nice about Usenet is that there are people around the world who know
more than you do who are just as purposefully helpful and good hearted.