Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Slower than molasses
From: lonelyda...@gmail.com (MajorLanGod)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 02:49:17 GMT
 by: MajorLanGod - Thu, 19 May 2022 02:49 UTC

I've been using personal electronic devices since the Newton. This includes
a couple of Palms, a Google Pixel 2013, a forgotten followup. my current
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, and my Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit. I still have
the Pixel, and I fired it up tonight to add a battery app. I can't believe
how s l o w it is. I don't know if part of it is not being used much at all
lately, or if it was just that slow always. Later tonight I am going to
power it off and restart to see if that makes a difference.

Re: Slower than molasses

<t64ojt$1ol$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32384&group=comp.mobile.android#32384

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Slower than molasses
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 08:37:49 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 19 May 2022 06:37 UTC

Am 19.05.22 um 04:49 schrieb MajorLanGod:
> I've been using personal electronic devices since the Newton. This includes
> a couple of Palms, a Google Pixel 2013, a forgotten followup. my current
> Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, and my Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit. I still have
> the Pixel, and I fired it up tonight to add a battery app. I can't believe
> how s l o w it is. I don't know if part of it is not being used much at all
> lately, or if it was just that slow always. Later tonight I am going to
> power it off and restart to see if that makes a difference.

Aha.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Slower than molasses

<t64smn$l6l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32385&group=comp.mobile.android#32385

From: david-ta...@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid (David Taylor)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 08:47:35 +0100
 by: David Taylor - Thu, 19 May 2022 07:47 UTC

On 19/05/2022 03:49, MajorLanGod wrote:
> I've been using personal electronic devices since the Newton. This includes
> a couple of Palms, a Google Pixel 2013, a forgotten followup. my current
> Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, and my Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit. I still have
> the Pixel, and I fired it up tonight to add a battery app. I can't believe
> how s l o w it is. I don't know if part of it is not being used much at all
> lately, or if it was just that slow always. Later tonight I am going to
> power it off and restart to see if that makes a difference.

I had the same experience with an iPad 1 I discovered in a cupboard. Oh, and
an Android Nexus-7 tablet, too. I think it's partially that you get used to
faster speeds on the newer devices, and partially that on first wake-up after a
long time down the OS will need to do more checks - possible updates too.

--
Cheers,
David

Re: Slower than molasses

<t65jhi$vop$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32387&group=comp.mobile.android#32387

From: joebeanf...@nospam.duh (Joe Beanfish)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 14:17:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Joe Beanfish - Thu, 19 May 2022 14:17 UTC

On Thu, 19 May 2022 02:49:17 +0000, MajorLanGod wrote:

> I've been using personal electronic devices since the Newton. This includes
> a couple of Palms, a Google Pixel 2013, a forgotten followup. my current
> Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, and my Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit. I still have
> the Pixel, and I fired it up tonight to add a battery app. I can't believe
> how s l o w it is. I don't know if part of it is not being used much at all
> lately, or if it was just that slow always. Later tonight I am going to
> power it off and restart to see if that makes a difference.

I've had similar experience with a Galaxy Tab 3. The battery stopped
taking a charge so it sat on a shelf for a year. I decided on lark
to try charging it again. It took a charge! Then I turned it on...
It took many minutes to power up and get to the home screen. Now
it's horrifically slow at switching tasks. Once a task is running
it performs reasonably, but any kind of task switch takes forever,
going to the home screen, resuming after screen lock, launching
an app. I'm thinking of resetting to factory but there's one app on
there that's not available any more and the whole thing is just a
baby's toy at this point so I can't be bothered. But hey, the baby
is learning patience, lol.

Re: Slower than molasses

<0e1199ff-5b74-4f48-b779-f0721f8e3714n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32463&group=comp.mobile.android#32463

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 23:36:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: karakoyu...@gmail.com (Doğukan Manço)
 by: Doğukan Manço - Mon, 23 May 2022 06:36 UTC

19 Mayıs 2022 Perşembe tarihinde saat 05:49:19 UTC+3 itibarıyla MajorLanGod şunları yazdı:
> I've been using personal electronic devices since the Newton. This includes
> a couple of Palms, a Google Pixel 2013, a forgotten followup. my current
> Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, and my Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit. I still have
> the Pixel, and I fired it up tonight to add a battery app. I can't believe
> how s l o w it is. I don't know if part of it is not being used much at all
> lately, or if it was just that slow always. Later tonight I am going to
> power it off and restart to see if that makes a difference.

hi, why do phones slow down after a certain time

https://bestdrillchainsaw.com/innova-7111-scanner-reviews/
https://bestdrillchainsaw.com/stihl-ms-500i-vs-661-compare-price-specs/
https://bestdrillchainsaw.com/stihl-ms-400-review-stihl-ms-400-problems-stihl-ms-400-c-m-stihl-ms-400-specs/