From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Mounting an android device
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 06:33:25 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 24 May 2022 05:33 UTC

sticks wrote:

>>> Can I mount an Android phone to the Windows file system wirelessly, that is
>>> without a USB connection?
>>
>> <https://www.howtogeek.com/700733/how-to-link-an-android-phone-to-a-
>> windows-10-pc-with-microsofts-your-phone-app/>
>
> The link above, even though it was bracketed, was broken for me. I'm
> just wondering why?

Try this method of keeping the link in one line (let me know if it worked):
*How to Link an Android Phone to a Windows 10 PC With Microsoft Phone Link*
<https://www.howtogeek.com/700733/how-to-link-an-android-phone-to-a-windows-10-pc-with-microsofts-your-phone-app/>

That method uses two applications, one on Windows and the other on Android
(although for most Samsung phones, the Android app is already installed).
*What Is Microsoft Phone Link on Windows 10 and 11?*
<https://www.howtogeek.com/795474/what-is-microsoft-phone-link/>

Here is the Android app, which has had half a billion installs already!
*Link to Windows* by Microsoft Corporation
Free, ad free, requires gsf, rated 3.9, 500M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.appmanager>

Interestingly my Samsung isn't listed as having the app by default, but
it's there, or at least an app with the same name is there by default.
<https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/connect-on-a-new-level-with-link-to-windows-bb7a82b6-7bcd-be1d-ccc8-dddb909bc07b>

Ah, I spoke too soon... it's on this longer detailed list, that's why:
<https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/supported-devices-for-phone-link-app-experiences-cb044172-87aa-9e41-d446-c4ac83ce8807>

For Windows, apparently, Microsoft claims it's already installed on both
Windows 10 and Windows 11 (but I didn't see it on my Windows 10 Pro).

I don't use this method but half a billion people do, so it must work.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to help others & to learn from them.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Mounting an android device