Beware of the Turing Tar-pit in which everything is possible but nothing of interest is easy.

computers / comp.mobile.android / WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNO

SubjectAuthor
* WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNOBob F
`* Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNOJoerg Lorenz
 `* Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNOBob F
  `* Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNOsms
   +* Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNOAndy Burnelli
   |`* Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNOnospam
   | `* Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNOAndy Burnelli
   |  +- Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNOAndy Burnelli
   |  `* Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNOJoerg Lorenz
   |   `* Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNOAndy Burnelli
   |    `* Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNOJoerg Lorenz
   |     +* Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNOLewis
   |     |`- Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNOAndy Burnelli
   |     `- Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNOAndy Burnelli
   `- Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNOnospam

1
WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNO

<t6jr3s$e96$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32506&group=comp.mobile.android#32506

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNO
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 16:52:28 -0700
 by: Bob F - Tue, 24 May 2022 23:52 UTC

I had problems with weak phone signal at home.

I recently downloaded the latest Verizon firmware from SamMobile, and
loaded it into the phone using the patched Odin installer, and now WiFi
calling is working perfectly through my PagePlus account which uses the
Verizon network. At home, I set it to airplane mode and turn on WiFi,
and my battery goes down a lot slower.

It never did ask me for my home address for e911 however. I can find no
way to correct (update) that.

Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNO

<t6kems$obu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32507&group=comp.mobile.android#32507

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 07:26:52 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Wed, 25 May 2022 05:26 UTC

Am 25.05.22 um 01:52 schrieb Bob F:
> I had problems with weak phone signal at home.
>
> I recently downloaded the latest Verizon firmware from SamMobile, and
> loaded it into the phone using the patched Odin installer, and now WiFi
> calling is working perfectly through my PagePlus account which uses the
> Verizon network. At home, I set it to airplane mode and turn on WiFi,
> and my battery goes down a lot slower.
>
> It never did ask me for my home address for e911 however. I can find no
> way to correct (update) that.

I have Wifi calling since I had my iPhone 5s in 2013.
What is so groundbreaking about your setup? And what is the specific
question?

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNO

<t6o4mp$5d9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32545&group=comp.mobile.android#32545

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 08:00:40 -0700
 by: Bob F - Thu, 26 May 2022 15:00 UTC

On 5/24/2022 10:26 PM, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 25.05.22 um 01:52 schrieb Bob F:
>> I had problems with weak phone signal at home.
>>
>> I recently downloaded the latest Verizon firmware from SamMobile, and
>> loaded it into the phone using the patched Odin installer, and now WiFi
>> calling is working perfectly through my PagePlus account which uses the
>> Verizon network. At home, I set it to airplane mode and turn on WiFi,
>> and my battery goes down a lot slower.
>>
>> It never did ask me for my home address for e911 however. I can find no
>> way to correct (update) that.
>
> I have Wifi calling since I had my iPhone 5s in 2013.
> What is so groundbreaking about your setup? And what is the specific
> question?

Not a question. Info for others with the same problem. I had found no
references telling me specifically that the TMobile to Verizon firmware
switch would get the WiFi calling feature working. The feature was in
the phone before the change, but would not function. There were
references claiming that some service providers would not allow phones
not sold by them to operate the feature even after changing the
firmware, but that was not the case for me.

The e911 comment is something which I have still found no answer to.

Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNO

<t6os60$igk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32549&group=comp.mobile.android#32549

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 14:41:20 -0700
 by: sms - Thu, 26 May 2022 21:41 UTC

On 5/26/2022 8:00 AM, Bob F wrote:

<snip>

> Not a question. Info for others with the same problem. I had found no
> references telling me specifically that the TMobile to Verizon firmware
> switch would get the WiFi calling feature working. The feature was in
> the phone before the change, but would not function. There were
> references claiming that some service providers would not allow phones
> not sold by them to operate the feature even after changing the
> firmware, but that was not the case for me.
>
> The e911 comment is something which I have still found no answer to.

Yes, it's annoying that each carrier gets to enable or disable a phone's
features on Android devices. This is not the case on the iPhone. I have
a Samsung Note 9 with firmware from Tracfone. I can't use Visible on
that phone even though if I flash the standard Verizon firmware it would
work.

Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNO

<t6ott6$e03$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32550&group=comp.mobile.android#32550

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 23:11:09 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 26 May 2022 22:11 UTC

sms wrote:

> Yes, it's annoying that each carrier gets to enable or disable a phone's
> features on Android devices. This is not the case on the iPhone. I have
> a Samsung Note 9 with firmware from Tracfone. I can't use Visible on
> that phone even though if I flash the standard Verizon firmware it would
> work.

Just to be clear, Apple does the same thing, only in a sleazebag way,
Steve.

With the iPhone, it's _Apple_ who gets to disable a phone's features on a
case by case basis, e.g., remember the Qualcomm vs Intel iPhone modem chips
which Apple quietly _slowed_ down so as to make them seem similar?

Or, as in the case of most multi-function SOCs, how Apple silently
_disabled_ the hidden FM radio in iPhones prior to the iPhone 7 (which even
the FCC asked Apple to re-enable for safety reasons and, as far as I know,
Apple didn't give a shit about people's safety).

The main reason Apple didn't want to enable the hidden FM radio was stated
in the news that Apple wouldn't make as much money if they did.

Never forget how smart Apple is as they plan ahead years in advance to
remove functionality (even functionality that is _already_ hidden!) so that
you have to pay to get back that functionality that they then remove.

If you don't get the logic, then just ask and I'll provide cites that back
that up, as it's actually brilliant how clever Apple is about making people
believe they give a shit, when what they do shows they are sleazebags.

In this case, they refused the FCC's request to enable what was already
inside the iPhone (why?... heh heh ... if you know history, you know why).
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which most people don't even realize since their brains are on autopilot.

Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNO

<260520221924468949%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32551&group=comp.mobile.android#32551

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 19:24:46 -0400
 by: nospam - Thu, 26 May 2022 23:24 UTC

In article <t6os60$igk$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> Yes, it's annoying that each carrier gets to enable or disable a phone's
> features on Android devices. This is not the case on the iPhone.

yes it is the case on the iphone.

recent examples include tethering and wifi calling.

long ago, facetime over cellular was originally limited to wifi because
the cellular carriers did not want people using the bandwidth. that is
no longer the case.

> I have
> a Samsung Note 9 with firmware from Tracfone. I can't use Visible on
> that phone even though if I flash the standard Verizon firmware it would
> work.

that sounds like a carrier lock, which is not a function of the
firmware.

Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNO

<260520221924479005%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32552&group=comp.mobile.android#32552

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 19:24:47 -0400
 by: nospam - Thu, 26 May 2022 23:24 UTC

In article <t6ott6$e03$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> With the iPhone, it's _Apple_ who gets to disable a phone's features on a
> case by case basis,

nope. it's the carriers, same as with other phones.

Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNO

<t6parm$717$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32553&group=comp.mobile.android#32553

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 02:52:13 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 27 May 2022 01:52 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> With the iPhone, it's _Apple_ who gets to disable a phone's features on a
>> case by case basis,
>
> nope. it's the carriers, same as with other phones.

I'm surprised you mentioned where the carriers can disable iPhone features.
I give you credit for that, which is one reason I don't plonk you, nospam.

You're unlike the other iKooks in that you actually sometimes know
something but you're just like all the rest of the ignorant low-IQ
uneducated iKooks in almost every other way, unfortunately.

In fact, you "might" even have an actual education, which you never defend
when I say you don't... even as you fall into almost every other mousetrap
I provide for you (which is how I know your IQ is substandard overall).

For example, whenever I say "I don't know anything about iOS", you always
jump on it like a five year old child would do.

And yet, you don't jump on the lack of education (none of the iKooks do).
--
Posted because I decidedly am the opposite of these unprepossessing iKooks,
and yet, I can still learn something from nospam, at least, which is good.

Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNO

<t6pbe6$bil$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32554&group=comp.mobile.android#32554

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 03:02:05 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 27 May 2022 02:02 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> And yet, you don't jump on the lack of education (none of the iKooks do).

I should correct that though, as "Chris" claimed he had a PhD in the
sciences, and yet, he didn't know _anything_ that even a freshman would
know about genetic material and about immunology terminology, and a host of
other things which you can't google your way out of.

That iKook was so embarrassed that it was trivial to figure out that he had
_zero_ education in the sciences, he went on and on about the genome of an
RNA virus being small in comparison to mammals, which wasn't the point when
we were discussing the mutation rate of DNA versus RNA viruses.

If he had any science education, he wouldn't have claimed something that
stupid, and more so, he wouldn't have held onto that idiotic claim so long.

The fact is, if any of the low-IQ no-education iKooks ever try to claim
they have an education, I'll figure it out quickly though, as with Chris,
almost everything in the news requires an education to comprehend.

For example, on "orthopoxviruses", notice the similarities to the DNA/RNA
discussion that Chris miserably failed on, despite his "claim" of a PhD.
*Monkeypox goes global: why scientists are on alert* May 20, 2022
<https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-01421-8>
"Unlike SARS-CoV-2, a rapidly evolving RNA virus whose variants have
regularly eluded immunity from vaccines and prior infection, monkeypox
is caused by a relatively large DNA virus. DNA viruses are better
at detecting and repairing mutations than RNA viruses, which means
it's unlikely that the monkeypox virus has suddenly mutated to
become adept at human-to-human transmission"

In summary, if any of you iKooks want to claim you have an education, just
say so, and I can ask a couple of questions which will prove you right or
wrong almost instantly (as I did with Chris' bogus claim of a PhD).
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information.

Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNO

<t6pmjo$8i7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32555&group=comp.mobile.android#32555

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 07:12:23 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Fri, 27 May 2022 05:12 UTC

Am 27.05.22 um 03:52 schrieb Andy Burnelli:
> nospam wrote:
>
>>> With the iPhone, it's _Apple_ who gets to disable a phone's features on a
>>> case by case basis,
>>
>> nope. it's the carriers, same as with other phones.
>
> I'm surprised you mentioned where the carriers can disable iPhone features.
> I give you credit for that, which is one reason I don't plonk you, nospam.

There are exactly three Trolls (Burnelli, sms and nospam) that keep this
Muppet-Show going in the iphone- and the android-group ...

Otherwise both groups would be dead.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNO

<t6pmq7$1gf9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32556&group=comp.mobile.android#32556

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 06:16:15 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 27 May 2022 05:16 UTC

Joerg Lorenz wrote:

> There are exactly three Trolls (Burnelli, sms and nospam) that keep this
> Muppet-Show going in the iphone- and the android-group ...

Has this moron Joerg Lorenz _ever_ added value to any thread in his life?

Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNO

<t6ppeo$m5f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32557&group=comp.mobile.android#32557

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 08:00:56 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Fri, 27 May 2022 06:00 UTC

Am 27.05.22 um 07:16 schrieb Andy Burnelli:
> Joerg Lorenz wrote:
>
>> There are exactly three Trolls (Burnelli, sms and nospam) that keep this
>> Muppet-Show going in the iphone- and the android-group ...
>
> Has this moron Joerg Lorenz _ever_ added value to any thread in his life?

I'm very sorry for you, dear.

The only purpose of your life is to bash Apple. It has certainly reached
pathological dimensions given your antisocial behavior.

I let you out of my killfilter for a week. What a disaster!

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNO

<slrnt91c5d.1v22.g.kreme@zephyrus.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32561&group=comp.mobile.android#32561

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 11:06:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Fri, 27 May 2022 11:06 UTC

In message <t6ppeo$m5f$1@dont-email.me> Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:
> I let you out of my killfilter for a week. What a disaster!

Please, every time you're going to reply to him imagine that little
chubby he gets and think again. Do you really want to be responsible for
the only sexual stimulation that obese naked troglodyte gets in his
life? Please, think of that image first.

--
'There's stranger people in this world than Corporal Nobbs, my lad.'
Carrot's expression slid into a rictus of intrigued horror.

Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNO

<t6qodi$alh$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32564&group=comp.mobile.android#32564

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 15:49:46 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 27 May 2022 14:49 UTC

Joerg Lorenz wrote:

> The only purpose of your life is to bash Apple.

Everything you state reeks of you proving to be a moron, Joerg Lorenz.

I state the facts about _every_ common consumer operating system I use:
a. iOS
b. Android
c. Ubuntu
d. Windows

Typical of morons, you take one datum (the truth about Apple) and then you
wildly extend that single data point to encompass your entire belief
system.

It's _why_ you're a moron, Joerg Lorenz.
a. You have a low IQ
b. You have no education
c. And you _never_ post to this newsgroup with any helpful intent

> It has certainly reached
> pathological dimensions given your antisocial behavior.

You're the one who posts your drivel in every thread saying how much you
hate people who happen to be adding value to those threads, not me.

I am perfectly civil to people who aren't worthless pieces of shit like you
are, but you're a moron so you wouldn't be able to recognize that fact.

Ask The Real Bev, or Andy Burns, or s|b, or badgolferman, or Ant, or David
Empson, or any of the actual _adults_ on this newsgroup, Joerg Lorenz.

It's morons like you who ruin these newsgroups, Joerg Lorenz.

Re: WiFi Calling now working on my Tmobile Galaxy S9 on Verizon MVNO

<t6qr7h$1n5e$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32565&group=comp.mobile.android#32565

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 00:37:44 +0900
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 27 May 2022 15:37 UTC

Lewis wrote:

> Please, every time you're going to reply to him imagine that little
> chubby he gets and think again. Do you really want to be responsible for
> the only sexual stimulation that obese naked troglodyte gets in his
> life? Please, think of that image first.

Why is it that _everything_ out of the iKooks is from a ten-year old child?
--
These low-IQ child-like iKooks prove me right every single time they post.