From: sugarp...@protonmail.invalid (The safest gaven)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Backup software that restores quickly
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 15:38:36 +0100
 by: The safest gaven - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 14:38 UTC

Does anyone know of a decent free/open source backup software that restores
an image quickly rather than take about 10 hours? (Aomei).....I think easeus
is ages too!

I used to have asus software that I got with a motherboards and it allowed
you to create an unallocted space on your hard drive then it would restore
the whole image in about 20 mins from booting into it.

I'm not really wanting to do that I want to create an image of my c drive
onto another disk then restore it in under an hour say.

Any help appreciated

Re: Backup software that restores quickly

<xn0o0v2tfcwx32500g@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3253&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#3253

From: jgnew...@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Re: Backup software that restores quickly
Date: 21 Apr 2023 15:00:06 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 15:00 UTC

On 21/04/2023 in message <u1u759$2pl6a$1@dont-email.me> The safest gaven
wrote:

>Does anyone know of a decent free/open source backup software that
>restores an image quickly rather than take about 10 hours? (Aomei).....I
>think easeus is ages too!
>
>I used to have asus software that I got with a motherboards and it allowed
>you to create an unallocted space on your hard drive then it would restore
>the whole image in about 20 mins from booting into it.
>
>I'm not really wanting to do that I want to create an image of my c drive
>onto another disk then restore it in under an hour say.
>
>Any help appreciated

Acronis True Image if you run Windows - but subscription only now. If
you're a Linux person just typing a load of characters in a shell will
probably do it :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
The first five days after the weekend are the hardest.

Re: Backup software that restores quickly

<u1uakm$2q5nq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3254&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#3254

From: sugarp...@protonmail.invalid (The safest gaven)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 16:38:00 +0100
 by: The safest gaven - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 15:38 UTC

Thanks Jeff I think I actually have that somewhere never used it and never
thought of it!