Machines have less problems. I'd like to be a machine. -- Andy Warhol

computers / alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent / Re: Is this a vaid email address?

SubjectAuthor
* Is this a vaid email address?Terry Pinnell
+* Re: Is this a vaid email address?Dennis Lee Bieber
|`- Re: Is this a vaid email address?Terry Pinnell
`* Re: Is this a vaid email address?Ralph Fox
 `* Re: Is this a vaid email address?Terry Pinnell
  `* Re: Is this a vaid email address?Ralph Fox
   `* Re: Is this a vaid email address?lisa
    `* Re: Is this a vaid email address?Ralph Fox
     `* Re: Is this a vaid email address?lisa
      `* Re: Is this a vaid email address?Ralph Fox
       `* Re: Is this a vaid email address?lisa
        `* Re: Is this a vaid email address?Ralph Fox
         `- Re: Is this a vaid email address?lisa

1
Is this a vaid email address?

<clqq4hh2t22i3hadrbonbi1olverhtvtp8@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3243&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3243

From: me...@somewhere.invalid (Terry Pinnell)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Is this a vaid email address?
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 11:49:59 +0100
 by: Terry Pinnell - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 10:49 UTC

I'm wondering how an email I've just sent could possibly reach its target?

Let's call him John Smith. I wasn't sure if he was already in my Address Book so
I opened the Pick Addresses window and typed 'Joh..' etc. His name and email
address did show in the list, so I clicked the 'To' option to compose a message
to him. The text that appeared in the To box was 'John Smith' without any
quotes. Obviously I now see that was because I didn't use the option 'Expand
Addresses', as I hadn't noticed that checkbox.

So presumably that will fail to reach him, as 'John Smith' is not a valid
address? It's appeared in my Sent folder, and the copy addressees will get it
OK, but before I send another to John Smith, can someone confirm if I'm correct
about it being invalid please? And, if so, what is the point of an option to
enter a name with no valid email address?

Terry

Re: Is this a vaid email address?

<u8gr4hhovceeu0upc4n22k1sgdhriigpnp@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3244&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3244

From: wlfr...@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Is this a vaid email address?
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 12:50:11 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 16:50 UTC

On Wed, 06 Apr 2022 11:49:59 +0100, Terry Pinnell <me@somewhere.invalid>
declaimed the following:

>Let's call him John Smith. I wasn't sure if he was already in my Address Book so
>I opened the Pick Addresses window and typed 'Joh..' etc. His name and email
>address did show in the list, so I clicked the 'To' option to compose a message
>to him. The text that appeared in the To box was 'John Smith' without any
>quotes. Obviously I now see that was because I didn't use the option 'Expand
>Addresses', as I hadn't noticed that checkbox.
>
>So presumably that will fail to reach him, as 'John Smith' is not a valid
>address? It's appeared in my Sent folder, and the copy addressees will get it
>OK, but before I send another to John Smith, can someone confirm if I'm correct
>about it being invalid please? And, if so, what is the point of an option to
>enter a name with no valid email address?

The text that follows a TO: header does not have to match the SMTP
"RCPT TO" handshake. "TO:" headers are just specially formatted text sent
as the email DATA block (which is headers and body). Routing to a
destination address is outside of the "DATA" block as part of the SMTP
protocol.

Most mail clients have means to track the two separately, and display
the "header" content per formatting instructions/options.

In this situation, the client likely tracks that the address is from
"address book entry X", and looks up the email address when handshaking to
the SMTP server, so it can send the needed "RCPT TO" line. (OR: if the
address book entries can not duplicate "real names", it just takes the
displayed "TO:" name and looks up the email address when actually sending")

Clients that do not do send-time look-ups commonly have multiple valid
formats for addressing:

some.one@some.domain
some.one@some.domain "real name"
real name <some.one@some.domain>

note that the last one easily supports hiding the email address FOR DISPLAY
-- just strip out anything between [and including] < and >.

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

Re: Is this a vaid email address?

<69jr4h95oujdcdc6bffo8p6v2qb4l2mtl6@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3245&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3245

From: me...@somewhere.invalid (Terry Pinnell)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 18:29:47 +0100
 by: Terry Pinnell - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 17:29 UTC

Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 06 Apr 2022 11:49:59 +0100, Terry Pinnell <me@somewhere.invalid>
>declaimed the following:
>
>>Let's call him John Smith. I wasn't sure if he was already in my Address Book so
>>I opened the Pick Addresses window and typed 'Joh..' etc. His name and email
>>address did show in the list, so I clicked the 'To' option to compose a message
>>to him. The text that appeared in the To box was 'John Smith' without any
>>quotes. Obviously I now see that was because I didn't use the option 'Expand
>>Addresses', as I hadn't noticed that checkbox.
>>
>>So presumably that will fail to reach him, as 'John Smith' is not a valid
>>address? It's appeared in my Sent folder, and the copy addressees will get it
>>OK, but before I send another to John Smith, can someone confirm if I'm correct
>>about it being invalid please? And, if so, what is the point of an option to
>>enter a name with no valid email address?
>>
> The text that follows a TO: header does not have to match the SMTP
>"RCPT TO" handshake. "TO:" headers are just specially formatted text sent
>as the email DATA block (which is headers and body). Routing to a
>destination address is outside of the "DATA" block as part of the SMTP
>protocol.
>
> Most mail clients have means to track the two separately, and display
>the "header" content per formatting instructions/options.
>
> In this situation, the client likely tracks that the address is from
>"address book entry X", and looks up the email address when handshaking to
>the SMTP server, so it can send the needed "RCPT TO" line. (OR: if the
>address book entries can not duplicate "real names", it just takes the
>displayed "TO:" name and looks up the email address when actually sending")
>
> Clients that do not do send-time look-ups commonly have multiple valid
>formats for addressing:
>
>some.one@some.domain
>some.one@some.domain "real name"
>real name <some.one@some.domain>
>
>note that the last one easily supports hiding the email address FOR DISPLAY
>-- just strip out anything between [and including] < and >.

Thanks. Mostly over my head, but I read it as a 'No', i.e. "you're not correct,
it WOULD get sent"

But then I now know that - as I've just had an answer from 'John Smith', and
came here to report that happy outcome.

Terry

Re: Is this a vaid email address?

<itlr4hdf7vltgk216g12u3e1eluncc0ebn@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3246&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3246

From: -rf-...@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 06:34:08 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 18:34 UTC

On Wed, 06 Apr 2022 11:49:59 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:

> I'm wondering how an email I've just sent could possibly reach its target?
>
> Let's call him John Smith. I wasn't sure if he was already in my Address Book so
> I opened the Pick Addresses window and typed 'Joh..' etc. His name and email
> address did show in the list, so I clicked the 'To' option to compose a message
> to him. The text that appeared in the To box was 'John Smith' without any
> quotes. Obviously I now see that was because I didn't use the option 'Expand
> Addresses', as I hadn't noticed that checkbox.
>
> So presumably that will fail to reach him, as 'John Smith' is not a valid
> address? It's appeared in my Sent folder, and the copy addressees will get it
> OK, but before I send another to John Smith, can someone confirm if I'm correct
> about it being invalid please?

If you have one 'John Smith' person in your address book with a valid
email address, then it is not invalid. Agent sends the uploaded email
to the address from your address book. Otherwise, you would almost
certainly get a failure or a bounce message.

> And, if so, what is the point of an option to
> enter a name with no valid email address?

The point of this is to support anonymous mailing lists.

If you look at the address book entry for a mailing list, it has an
option:

[x] Use this text to hide the addresses when you send an email: [__John_Smith_Fan_Club__]

This option lets you have an 'anonymous' mailing list and not reveal
members names or email addresses to each other.

If you use Pick Addresses and check 'Expand addresses', this option is
not honoured and the name of the mailing list is replaced with all
the individual members.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

ζητεῖτε καὶ εὑρήσετε

Re: Is this a vaid email address?

<6l7u4h5ir52h9vvkatq3s00g11enius8lu@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3247&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3247

From: me...@somewhere.invalid (Terry Pinnell)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 18:29:07 +0100
 by: Terry Pinnell - Thu, 7 Apr 2022 17:29 UTC

Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>On Wed, 06 Apr 2022 11:49:59 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering how an email I've just sent could possibly reach its target?
>>
>> Let's call him John Smith. I wasn't sure if he was already in my Address Book so
>> I opened the Pick Addresses window and typed 'Joh..' etc. His name and email
>> address did show in the list, so I clicked the 'To' option to compose a message
>> to him. The text that appeared in the To box was 'John Smith' without any
>> quotes. Obviously I now see that was because I didn't use the option 'Expand
>> Addresses', as I hadn't noticed that checkbox.
>>
>> So presumably that will fail to reach him, as 'John Smith' is not a valid
>> address? It's appeared in my Sent folder, and the copy addressees will get it
>> OK, but before I send another to John Smith, can someone confirm if I'm correct
>> about it being invalid please?
>

>If you have one 'John Smith' person in your address book with a valid
>email address, then it is not invalid. Agent sends the uploaded email
>to the address from your address book. Otherwise, you would almost
>certainly get a failure or a bounce message.
>

>> And, if so, what is the point of an option to
>> enter a name with no valid email address?
>

>The point of this is to support anonymous mailing lists.
>
>If you look at the address book entry for a mailing list, it has an
>option:
>
> [x] Use this text to hide the addresses when you send an email: [__John_Smith_Fan_Club__]
>
>This option lets you have an 'anonymous' mailing list and not reveal
>members names or email addresses to each other.
>
>If you use Pick Addresses and check 'Expand addresses', this option is
>not honoured and the name of the mailing list is replaced with all
>the individual members.

Thanks Ralph, understood.

P.S. Mystified by your lower sig line!

Re: Is this a vaid email address?

<urau4h9ncrh0m8e6mgr11mkk99n6vp5hkv@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3248&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3248

From: -rf-...@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 06:26:03 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Thu, 7 Apr 2022 18:26 UTC

On Thu, 07 Apr 2022 18:29:07 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:

> P.S. Mystified by your lower sig line!

That one was classic Greek for "Seek and ye shall find" (not modern Greek).
You may need the Agent Unicode Extension (AgtEx) to see it in Agent.

Re: Is this a vaid email address?

<7crv4hh4iiln2dtoqc9m6mr1rher01l0da@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3249&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3249

From: not.in....@invalid.xor (lisa)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 10:21:19 +0200
 by: lisa - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 08:21 UTC

On Fri, 08 Apr 2022 06:26:03 +1200, Ralph Fox wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Apr 2022 18:29:07 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:
>
>> P.S. Mystified by your lower sig line!
>
>That one was classic Greek for "Seek and ye shall find" (not modern Greek).
>You may need the Agent Unicode Extension (AgtEx) to see it in Agent.

I have in my Agent folder
unrar.dll version 0.4.2022.300 Company : Ralp Fox
and
unrardll.dll version 5.1.100.1066

but I only see in you sign line :

Kind regards
Ralph

??????? ??? ????????

Kind regards
Ralph

? ???? ??????, ? ?? ????? ?????
???? ??????, ??? ?????
??? ??? ?? ?????, ??? ????? ?? ???? ?? ?????

Kind regards
Ralph

??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??????
-- Archimedes

Am I missing something else?

lisa
--

Even miracles take a little time

Re: Is this a vaid email address?

<1s815htq2253ma26ulhrrcnpbv2btlablj@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3252&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3252

From: -rf-...@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 09:24:38 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 21:24 UTC

On Fri, 08 Apr 2022 10:21:19 +0200, lisa wrote:

> I have in my Agent folder
> unrar.dll version 0.4.2022.300 Company : Ralp Fox
> and
> unrardll.dll version 5.1.100.1066
>
> but I only see in you sign line :

[...]
> Am I missing something else?

Also verify i)-iv) below:

i) The file cp65001.cod must be in the same hard drive folder as agent.exe

ii) A (new) language "Unicode UTF-8 (English)" in Agent at
[Agent 3.0 - 8.00] "Tools >> Options >> Languages"
with the settings given in the README file.

iii) Fonts for this new language "Unicode UTF-8 (English)" configured at
[Agent 3.0 - 8.00] "Tools >> Options >> Display >> Fonts"
with the settings given in the README file.

iv) If you are reading a received message and it does not display
in full Unicode, select the message and change its language to
"Unicode UTF-8 (English)".
[Agent 3.0 - 8.00] "Edit >> Language" and select "Unicode UTF-8 (English)"

--
Kind regards
Ralph

🐰 🥚 🐣 🐤 🐥 🐇 🌸

Re: Is this a vaid email address?

<15j25h1aiaeqf370e4dv9somsrgb9bnpnp@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3253&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3253

From: not.in....@invalid.xor (lisa)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 11:24:07 +0200
 by: lisa - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:24 UTC

On Sat, 09 Apr 2022 09:24:38 +1200, Ralph Fox wrote:

>On Fri, 08 Apr 2022 10:21:19 +0200, lisa wrote:
>
>> I have in my Agent folder
>> unrar.dll version 0.4.2022.300 Company : Ralp Fox
>> and
>> unrardll.dll version 5.1.100.1066
>>
>> but I only see in you sign line :
>>
>[...]
>>
>> Am I missing something else?
>

>Also verify i)-iv) below:

> i) The file cp65001.cod must be in the same hard drive folder as agent.exe

check and it does

> ii) A (new) language "Unicode UTF-8 (English)" in Agent at
> [Agent 3.0 - 8.00] "Tools >> Options >> Languages"
> with the settings given in the README file.

was configured according README settings

> iii) Fonts for this new language "Unicode UTF-8 (English)" configured at
> [Agent 3.0 - 8.00] "Tools >> Options >> Display >> Fonts"
> with the settings given in the README file.

was configured according README settings

> iv) If you are reading a received message and it does not display
> in full Unicode, select the message and change its language to
> "Unicode UTF-8 (English)".
> [Agent 3.0 - 8.00] "Edit >> Language" and select "Unicode UTF-8 (English)"

ahha that changed the ??? in your sign line. Most of them are still
unreadable (are now square boxes), but your archimedes sign line is
now in greek.
Google translate could translate that greek into "Show me when I move"
I unicoded your "Universal Declaration of Human Right message" and
that showed a lot of languages. I thought I implemented everything
okay as you instructed but didn't realize I needed that to do to
encrypt your sign line.

I still have a lot of square boxes in your sign lines, but also in
your example (like Assyrian Neo-Aramaic or Malayalam). Maybe I'm
missing some languages packs on my computer.
If that is correct I wouid say : problem solved.
Thank you for your help.

lisa

--

Even miracles take a little time

Re: Is this a vaid email address?

<u3o25h141eujhubj569spg809idb7ibn99@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3254&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3254

From: -rf-...@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 22:58:01 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 10:58 UTC

On Sat, 09 Apr 2022 11:24:07 +0200, lisa wrote:

> ahha that changed the ??? in your sign line. Most of them are still
> unreadable (are now square boxes), but your archimedes sign line is
> now in greek.
> Google translate could translate that greek into "Show me when I move"

It is a famous quote from Archimedes, often translated as "Give me
a place to stand and I will move the earth".

Google translates modern Greek. Not only is this Greek of over 2,200
years ago, it is also not standard classic Greek but a regional dialect.

> I unicoded your "Universal Declaration of Human Right message" and
> that showed a lot of languages. I thought I implemented everything
> okay as you instructed but didn't realize I needed that to do to
> encrypt your sign line.
>
> I still have a lot of square boxes in your sign lines, but also in
> your example (like Assyrian Neo-Aramaic or Malayalam). Maybe I'm
> missing some languages packs on my computer.

With XP that would likely be the case.

* XP comes only with fonts for the scripts you use in writing.
* Windows 7 and later come with fonts for many other different scripts.
(On Win7 and later the font chooser window usually hides fonts for
the scripts you do not use to keep it simpler like XP, but the
characters still show up when text is displayed.)

> If that is correct I wouid say : problem solved.

Good to hear.

> Thank you for your help.

You're welcome.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

puɐꞁɐǝz ʍǝu ɯoɹɟ

Re: Is this a vaid email address?

<84r35h5f3524g957ne67dns233ced8k814@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3255&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3255

From: not.in....@invalid.xor (lisa)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 22:48:47 +0200
 by: lisa - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 20:48 UTC

On Sat, 09 Apr 2022 22:58:01 +1200, Ralph Fox wrote:

> * Windows 7 and later come with fonts for many other different scripts.

To use additional language packs on Windows 7, you need Windows 7
Ultimate or Enterprise.
I use win7 pro. Well, I prefer to live with a limited set of languages
instead of upgrading to win10 so I could decrypt your sign lines.
That's just the way it is.
--

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of it's existence." Nikola Tesla

Re: Is this a vaid email address?

<6p6i5h59v9unqjrfcafebtcjeldlu5cnkn@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3260&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3260

From: -rf-...@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
References: <clqq4hh2t22i3hadrbonbi1olverhtvtp8@4ax.com> <itlr4hdf7vltgk216g12u3e1eluncc0ebn@4ax.com> <6l7u4h5ir52h9vvkatq3s00g11enius8lu@4ax.com> <urau4h9ncrh0m8e6mgr11mkk99n6vp5hkv@4ax.com> <7crv4hh4iiln2dtoqc9m6mr1rher01l0da@4ax.com> <1s815htq2253ma26ulhrrcnpbv2btlablj@4ax.com> <15j25h1aiaeqf370e4dv9somsrgb9bnpnp@4ax.com> <u3o25h141eujhubj569spg809idb7ibn99@4ax.com> <84r35h5f3524g957ne67dns233ced8k814@4ax.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 20:15:13 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 08:15 UTC

On Sat, 09 Apr 2022 22:48:47 +0200, lisa wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Apr 2022 22:58:01 +1200, Ralph Fox wrote:
>> On Sat, 09 Apr 2022 11:24:07 +0200, lisa wrote:
>>
>>> I still have a lot of square boxes in your sign lines, but also in
>>> your example (like Assyrian Neo-Aramaic or Malayalam). Maybe I'm
>>> missing some languages packs on my computer.
>>
>> With XP that would likely be the case.
>>
>> * XP comes only with fonts for the scripts you use in writing.
>> * Windows 7 and later come with fonts for many other different scripts.
>
> To use additional language packs on Windows 7, you need Windows 7
> Ultimate or Enterprise.
> I use win7 pro. Well, I prefer to live with a limited set of languages
> instead of upgrading to win10 so I could decrypt your sign lines.
> That's just the way it is.

Assyrian Neo-Aramaic and Malayalam display properly here in Win7 Pro.

screen-shot 1: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_84r35h5f_1_agent_win7pro_assyrian_neo-aramaic.png>
screen-shot 2: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_84r35h5f_2_agent_win7pro_malayalam.png>

There are a few other languages which do show square boxes in Win7 Pro.
But a language pack is *not* the answer in Windows 7 or later.

Burmese
* Windows 7 Pro -- Burmese shows square boxes. Windows 7 does not
ship with a Burmese font [1]. MS has no Burmese language pack [2].
* Windows 10 -- Burmese displays correctly. Windows 10 ships
with the "Myanmar Text" font for displaying Burmese [3].
No language pack is needed.

Cherokee (cased)
* Windows 7 Pro -- Cherokee (cased) displays only the first letter
of each sentence correctly, all other letters are square boxes.
Windows 7 ships with the "Plantagenet Cherokee" font which has
only upper-case Cherokee letters [1]. MS has no Cherokee
language pack for Windows 7 [2].
* Windows 10 -- Cherokee displays correctly. Windows 10 ships
with the "Gadugi" font which has both upper and lower case
Cherokee letters [3]. No language pack is needed.

Javanese
* Windows 7 Pro -- Javanese shows square boxes. Windows 7 does not
ship with a Javanese font [1]. MS has no Javanese language pack [2].
* Windows 10 -- Javanese displays correctly. Windows 10 ships
with the "Javanese Text" font for displaying Javanese [3].
No language pack is needed.

Pular (Adlam)
* Windows 7 Pro -- Pular (Adlam) shows square boxes. Windows 7 does not
ship with an Adlam font [1]. MS has no Pular/Fulani language pack [2].
* Windows 10 -- Pular (Adlam) displays correctly. Windows 10 ships
with the "Ebrima" font which has Adlam script letters for displaying
the Pular/Fulani language [3]. No language pack is needed.

As for Assyrian Neo-Aramaic and Malayalam...

Windows 7 Pro shipped with the "Estrangelo Edessa" and "Kartika" fonts
for displaying Assyrian Neo-Aramaic (Syriac script) and Malayalam [1]
respectively. No language packs were needed to get these fonts.

Screen-shot of my Win7 Pro fonts folder, showing these fonts.
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_84r35h5f_3_win7pro_fonts_syriac_and_malayalam.png>

The "Estrangelo Edessa" and "Kartika" fonts may be "hidden" because of
the Win7 Pro font setting shown in the screen-shot below, but these fonts
were still physically present and installed.

screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_84r35h5f_4_win7pro_font_settings.png>

____
REFERENCES

[1] List of fonts that shipped with Windows 7.
<https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/fonts/windows_7_font_list>

[2] List of language packs for Windows 7
<https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/language-packs-for-windows-a5094319-a92d-18de-5b53-1cfc697cfca8#WindowsVersion=Windows_7>

[3] List of fonts that shipped with version 2004 of Windows 10 (May 2020).
<https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/fonts/windows_10_font_list>

--
Regards
Ralph

“Curiosity skilled the cat.”

Re: Is this a vaid email address?

<q2qk5hp88ajkdkjq0lp5446sjvftdepksb@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3263&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3263

From: not.in....@invalid.xor (lisa)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 09:30:47 +0200
References: <clqq4hh2t22i3hadrbonbi1olverhtvtp8@4ax.com> <itlr4hdf7vltgk216g12u3e1eluncc0ebn@4ax.com> <6l7u4h5ir52h9vvkatq3s00g11enius8lu@4ax.com> <urau4h9ncrh0m8e6mgr11mkk99n6vp5hkv@4ax.com> <7crv4hh4iiln2dtoqc9m6mr1rher01l0da@4ax.com> <1s815htq2253ma26ulhrrcnpbv2btlablj@4ax.com> <15j25h1aiaeqf370e4dv9somsrgb9bnpnp@4ax.com> <u3o25h141eujhubj569spg809idb7ibn99@4ax.com> <84r35h5f3524g957ne67dns233ced8k814@4ax.com> <6p6i5h59v9unqjrfcafebtcjeldlu5cnkn@4ax.com>
 by: lisa - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 07:30 UTC

On Fri, 15 Apr 2022 20:15:13 +1200, Ralph Fox wrote:

<snipped>

thanks to your amazing detailled answer I understand what to do.
I don't have them in my font directory.
Search for that font and I can download all those missing fonts (for
free).

>“Curiosity skilled the cat.”

yeah, you are 100% right. A very nice one to add to my signatures.
Just curious if I can display every font in the Universal Declaration
of Human Righ. I got homework <grin>.

--

Even miracles take a little time