From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: How to know if someone's caling, but not to have the ringer wake me up.
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 15:26:10 +0300
 by: micky - Thu, 12 May 2022 12:26 UTC

1) What do people do with a cellphone if they may fall asleep and don't
want the ringer waking them, but they may stay awake for an hour and
want to know if someone is calling? What settings do people use?

Vibrate seems to vibrate enough I'd feel it if the phone is in my
pocket, but not if it's 10 inches away on the bed. (And I don't want
the phone in my clothes if I'm sleeping.)

2) Is there something that will flash the entire screen in bright
colors, when the phone rings?

So I'll see it if I'm awake, but it won't wake me if I'm asleep?

I installed Color Call Flash, which has many very good ratings, and got
a call soon after. but the phone didn't act any differently when the
call came in. I think I misunderstand what Call Flash is for, and it's
not for what I want?

Or was I supposed to have that app on top, just in case a call came in?
I thought it would steal the focus for the whole screen.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.call.flash.color.phone.callerscreen.flashlight
There are more of them
https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/cluster?clp=ggEMCgpjYWxsIGZsYXNo:S:ANO1ljJrw0o&gsr=Cg-CAQwKCmNhbGwgZmxhc2g%3D:S:ANO1ljKvfz0

I've done thigns like this in the past. When I used the original wired
extensions in my house, plus some extensions I added, I had a neon light
that would flash on the dresser near the foot of the bed, so I'd see it
if I were awake, and before I put in a buzzer, I had a neon light in the
bathroom extension so I'd know when the phone was ringing (if the door
were shut and the tv was on, it was hard to hear.) So this is a long t
me desire, but it didnt' matter until I was in Europe and I have a
friend who often calls me at 1 in the morning. Sometimes I'm up, but
I've turned off the bell in case I fall asleep. (I should go to sleep
at 11, to be ready to do things at 8AM)

Re: How to know if someone's caling, but not to have the ringer wake me up.

<ppdk9hpgrnr1bdkd260dit1ejmmskhevkb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32705&group=comp.mobile.android#32705

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 19:34:00 +0300
 by: micky - Fri, 3 Jun 2022 16:34 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Thu, 12 May 2022 15:26:10 +0300, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>1) What do people do with a cellphone if they may fall asleep and don't
>want the ringer waking them, but they may stay awake for an hour and
>want to know if someone is calling? What settings do people use?
>
>Vibrate seems to vibrate enough I'd feel it if the phone is in my
>pocket, but not if it's 10 inches away on the bed. (And I don't want
>the phone in my clothes if I'm sleeping.)
>

>2) Is there something that will flash the entire screen in bright
>colors, when the phone rings?
>
>So I'll see it if I'm awake, but it won't wake me if I'm asleep?
>
>I installed Color Call Flash, which has many very good ratings, and got
>a call soon after. but the phone didn't act any differently when the
>call came in. I think I misunderstand what Call Flash is for, and it's
>not for what I want?
>
>Or was I supposed to have that app on top, just in case a call came in?
>I thought it would steal the focus for the whole screen.
>https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.call.flash.color.phone.callerscreen.flashlight
>There are more of them
>https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/cluster?clp=ggEMCgpjYWxsIGZsYXNo:S:ANO1ljJrw0o&gsr=Cg-CAQwKCmNhbGwgZmxhc2g%3D:S:ANO1ljKvfz0
>

>I've done thigns like this in the past. When I used the original wired
>extensions in my house, plus some extensions I added, I had a neon light
>that would flash on the dresser near the foot of the bed, so I'd see it
>if I were awake, and before I put in a buzzer, I had a neon light in the
>bathroom extension so I'd know when the phone was ringing (if the door
>were shut and the tv was on, it was hard to hear.) So this is a long t
>me desire, but it didnt' matter until I was in Europe and I have a
>friend who often calls me at 1 in the morning. Sometimes I'm up, but
>I've turned off the bell in case I fall asleep. (I should go to sleep
>at 11, to be ready to do things at 8AM)

The flash app didn't seem to do anything, but the Xiaomi phone I just
started using has a setting to flash the flashlight when someone calls.
If I can also turn off the ringing, which I'm pretty sure I can, that
would be what I want.