From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: FOSS app "Silence" - Block unknown callers
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 09:32:22 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 08:32 UTC

FYI... (let us all know your experience with this relatively new app)
<https://github.com/x13a/Silence>
<https://f-droid.org/packages/me.lucky.silence/>

The description of "Silence" <me.lucky.silence_39.apk> from the author is:
Block unknown callers.
By default numbers not in your contacts list are blocked.
Optionally allow:
* Numbers you have contacted
* Numbers within the selected groups (Toll-Free, Local)
* N registered call from the same number within T minutes
* Numbers from messages
* Numbers passing STIR verification (Android 11)
Groups and Repeated options have additional settings.
You can open them by long click.
If the app rejects calls from contacts on Android 10,
allow contacts permission manually in App info > Permissions.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information.