Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 10:48:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Comments about Putin and Ukraine
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Sat, 21 May 2022 17:48 UTC

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-losing-grip-power-top-130532036.html

Great, if Putin is out and the killing stops, great.

I don't know that I believe news about the coup, but I would be extremely worried about a detonation in Ukraine. It's just a sense I have about Putin, as a non-expert, having read news stories about him and thought about nuclear war as a kid, before it was clear Russia was going to be like this.

If he's near the end of his powerful career as the Russian leader, and that, unlike human life, means a lot to him, what if he "expressed his anger" by blowing up part of Ukraine with a nuclear bomb? Of course I hope not, but it's a worry as a non-expert that I have.

I still really think the children should be removed from Ukraine, even if the conflict will end in a week. A risk of death is not worth it, and education is available in other countries too. Children should not be used as human shields, not that the CIA loonies who are messing up my typing as we speak will ever care.