From: rednoi...@REMOVETHIScomcast.net (Nil)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Subject: Slow email?
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 15:45:07 -0400
 by: Nil - Fri, 27 May 2022 19:45 UTC

Has anyone else found Comcast's IMAP servers to be very slow to
respond? For the past several weeks when I try to retrieve mail or
switch to another folder it can take up to three minutes to respond.
Thunderbird shows a "Connecting to imap.comcast.net" message for a very
long time, then it will eventually do so. This happens with various
email clients, on different devices, within my home. I haven't had a
chance to check it outside the house. It doesn't always happen, but
more often than not. It seems to be getting worse. I don't notice any
other Internet activity acting slow.

This is in the Boston area. Just trying to see if it's a general issue
or local to my area or even my connection before I spend a lot of time
trying to troubleshoot or deal with tech support.

Re: Slow email?

<t6t4p8$a5r$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=328&group=alt.online-service.comcast#328

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Subject: Re: Slow email?
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 08:32:38 -0400
 by: Frank - Sat, 28 May 2022 12:32 UTC

On 5/27/2022 3:45 PM, Nil wrote:
> Has anyone else found Comcast's IMAP servers to be very slow to
> respond? For the past several weeks when I try to retrieve mail or
> switch to another folder it can take up to three minutes to respond.
> Thunderbird shows a "Connecting to imap.comcast.net" message for a very
> long time, then it will eventually do so. This happens with various
> email clients, on different devices, within my home. I haven't had a
> chance to check it outside the house. It doesn't always happen, but
> more often than not. It seems to be getting worse. I don't notice any
> other Internet activity acting slow.
>
> This is in the Boston area. Just trying to see if it's a general issue
> or local to my area or even my connection before I spend a lot of time
> trying to troubleshoot or deal with tech support.

No problem here in northern DE. Just logged into twitter and
immediately got email that I had logged in.

Re: Slow email?

<XnsAEA58DC064F6Dnilch1@wheedledeedle.moc>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=329&group=alt.online-service.comcast#329

From: rednoi...@REMOVETHIScomcast.net (Nil)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 13:56:05 -0400
 by: Nil - Sat, 28 May 2022 17:56 UTC

On 28 May 2022, Frank <"frank "@frank.net> wrote in
alt.online-service.comcast:

> On 5/27/2022 3:45 PM, Nil wrote:
>> Has anyone else found Comcast's IMAP servers to be very slow to
>> respond? For the past several weeks when I try to retrieve mail
>> or switch to another folder it can take up to three minutes to
>> respond. Thunderbird shows a "Connecting to imap.comcast.net"
>> message for a very long time, then it will eventually do so. This
>> happens with various email clients, on different devices, within
>> my home. I haven't had a chance to check it outside the house. It
>> doesn't always happen, but more often than not. It seems to be
>> getting worse. I don't notice any other Internet activity acting
>> slow.
>>
>> This is in the Boston area. Just trying to see if it's a general
>> issue or local to my area or even my connection before I spend a
>> lot of time trying to troubleshoot or deal with tech support.
>
> No problem here in northern DE. Just logged into twitter and
> immediately got email that I had logged in.

Thank you, good data point to have. I just installed Claws Mail to
compare it with Thunderbird to maybe see if it's a Thunderbird thing
rather than a Comcast thing. Except that I sometimes see the same thing
with the mail agents on my Android phone. I don't know what to think.

Re: Slow email?

<slrnt9533a.2ake.trepidation@vps.jonz.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=330&group=alt.online-service.comcast#330

From: trepidat...@example.net (Allodoxaphobia)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: 28 May 2022 20:56:48 GMT
 by: Allodoxaphobia - Sat, 28 May 2022 20:56 UTC

On Sat, 28 May 2022 13:56:05 -0400, Nil wrote:
> On 28 May 2022, Frank <"frank "@frank.net> wrote:
>> On 5/27/2022 3:45 PM, Nil wrote:
>>> Has anyone else found Comcast's IMAP servers to be very slow to
>>> respond? For the past several weeks when I try to retrieve mail
>>> or switch to another folder it can take up to three minutes to
>>> respond. Thunderbird shows a "Connecting to imap.comcast.net"
>>> message for a very long time, then it will eventually do so. This
>>> happens with various email clients, on different devices, within
>>> my home. I haven't had a chance to check it outside the house. It
>>> doesn't always happen, but more often than not. It seems to be
>>> getting worse. I don't notice any other Internet activity acting
>>> slow.
>>>
>>> This is in the Boston area. Just trying to see if it's a general
>>> issue or local to my area or even my connection before I spend a
>>> lot of time trying to troubleshoot or deal with tech support.
>>
>> No problem here in northern DE. Just logged into twitter and
>> immediately got email that I had logged in.
>
> Thank you, good data point to have. I just installed Claws Mail to
> compare it with Thunderbird to maybe see if it's a Thunderbird thing
> rather than a Comcast thing. Except that I sometimes see the same thing
> with the mail agents on my Android phone. I don't know what to think.

In the last couple off days I seen now-and-then hangs at the
"Connecting to imap.comcast.net" point. Near Pueblo, Colo.

I just give up and ^C (fetchmail in linux terminal mode) to get past it.
When next I check for mail at Comcast IJFW.

Thankfully Comcast is NOT my main email route.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | Marvin | W3DHJ.net | linux
38.238N 104.547W | @ jonz.net | Jonesy | FreeBSD

Re: Slow email?

<t6u4a7$dvp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=331&group=alt.online-service.comcast#331

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 17:30:47 -0400
 by: Frank - Sat, 28 May 2022 21:30 UTC

On 5/28/2022 1:56 PM, Nil wrote:
> On 28 May 2022, Frank <"frank "@frank.net> wrote in
> alt.online-service.comcast:
>
>> On 5/27/2022 3:45 PM, Nil wrote:
>>> Has anyone else found Comcast's IMAP servers to be very slow to
>>> respond? For the past several weeks when I try to retrieve mail
>>> or switch to another folder it can take up to three minutes to
>>> respond. Thunderbird shows a "Connecting to imap.comcast.net"
>>> message for a very long time, then it will eventually do so. This
>>> happens with various email clients, on different devices, within
>>> my home. I haven't had a chance to check it outside the house. It
>>> doesn't always happen, but more often than not. It seems to be
>>> getting worse. I don't notice any other Internet activity acting
>>> slow.
>>>
>>> This is in the Boston area. Just trying to see if it's a general
>>> issue or local to my area or even my connection before I spend a
>>> lot of time trying to troubleshoot or deal with tech support.
>>
>> No problem here in northern DE. Just logged into twitter and
>> immediately got email that I had logged in.
>
> Thank you, good data point to have. I just installed Claws Mail to
> compare it with Thunderbird to maybe see if it's a Thunderbird thing
> rather than a Comcast thing. Except that I sometimes see the same thing
> with the mail agents on my Android phone. I don't know what to think.

I use TB as my mail client.