How many weeks are there in a light year?

devel / comp.theory / A comment regarding politics and my psychological health.

SubjectAuthor
* A comment regarding politics and my psychological health.B.H.
`* A comment regarding politics and my psychological health.B.H.
 `- A comment regarding politics and my psychological health.B.H.

1
A comment regarding politics and my psychological health.

<30aade65-06a6-4bb5-aa8e-da61cf77ba7dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=32955&group=comp.theory#32955

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 17:28:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A comment regarding politics and my psychological health.
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Tue, 24 May 2022 00:28 UTC

Hi everyone,

I've said in the past that I might not want to go into politics. That is definitely true of how I feel right now, but I note that I recently realized that although I stand by everything I've said from a factual basis, my medications are not right and my psychiatrist is bad (I think my general practitioner, Dr. Wein, is fine and has helped me).

Thus, it occurred to me that if I ever get out of here, I might wind up getting on the right meds and changing how I feel about going into politics--I'd have to travel and fly to the East Coast, which I am trying to get away from right now. I might change how I feel and get interested in politics again--before Sept 2020, I was quite enthusiastic about politics, and I might feel that way again in the future--I don't know, I don't think my meds were right before Sept 2020 either, but I felt better and yet also less creative/productive by a lot.

I'll be sure to let the appropriate people know in the appropriate way about what career path I will choose assuming I get out. Based on my recent disclosures, including about my incomplete info game theory theorem in particular, I don't see any way that I won't get out pretty soon...I've presented what essentially amounts to a clear mathematical proof that I will either have my Usenet posts cited in academics journals or I will get out "fairly soon," assuming continued proper operation of the global economy.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: A comment regarding politics and my psychological health.

<b622e471-502f-4f2d-bc48-403cda9460b3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=33450&group=comp.theory#33450

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 12:18:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Sat, 28 May 2022 19:18 UTC

On Monday, May 23, 2022 at 8:28:48 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've said in the past that I might not want to go into politics. That is definitely true of how I feel right now, but I note that I recently realized that although I stand by everything I've said from a factual basis, my medications are not right and my psychiatrist is bad (I think my general practitioner, Dr. Wein, is fine and has helped me).
>
> Thus, it occurred to me that if I ever get out of here, I might wind up getting on the right meds and changing how I feel about going into politics--I'd have to travel and fly to the East Coast, which I am trying to get away from right now. I might change how I feel and get interested in politics again--before Sept 2020, I was quite enthusiastic about politics, and I might feel that way again in the future--I don't know, I don't think my meds were right before Sept 2020 either, but I felt better and yet also less creative/productive by a lot.
>
> I'll be sure to let the appropriate people know in the appropriate way about what career path I will choose assuming I get out. Based on my recent disclosures, including about my incomplete info game theory theorem in particular, I don't see any way that I won't get out pretty soon...I've presented what essentially amounts to a clear mathematical proof that I will either have my Usenet posts cited in academics journals or I will get out "fairly soon," assuming continued proper operation of the global economy.
>
> -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)

In the spirit of accuracy and trying to not air criticisms that I'm not convinced are valid: Maybe my psychiatrist, Dr. Kudurogianis, is not bad. Perhaps he knows a "special process" that is essential to use that is not like other psychotherapy things. Maybe he is doing it right, it's different from the approaches of other psych doctors, and I just don't get it. It is a challenge--being isolated and working with a doctor who is in a field that sometimes involves "secret and involuntary techniques" being used on patients, and trying to figure out if my care is being handled properly. Basically, I noted in the past that I had to be the one to ask for a particular med change to make it happen...maybe it is all a unique situation and that was how it was supposed to work. I am not sure. Note, I am not consciously saying this because of an upcoming appointment on June 6 (as I told evil singer Brandon Flowers). Also note, it shouldn't be that alarming that a patient might be criticizing a psych doctor; I've definitely seen that before with one or more serious patients that I saw in the hospital who perhaps seemed invited to criticize the doctor in public, perhaps to see something about reactions.

I'm sure that there's plenty I don't know about psychiatry, obviously. I guess the question is, what do other psych doctors quietly think, based on my sharing of facts that are true and opinions that I don't know how to be sure of. I am starting to feel better--the nighttime feeling has been fine, particularly after I stopped listening to certain things.

-Philip White

Re: A comment regarding politics and my psychological health.

<050383c1-173b-4716-8bd9-8c7034d8dc02n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=33466&group=comp.theory#33466

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 14:52:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Sat, 28 May 2022 21:52 UTC

On Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 3:18:04 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> [...]
>
> I'm sure that there's plenty I don't know about psychiatry, obviously. I guess the question is, what do other psych doctors quietly think, based on my sharing of facts that are true and opinions that I don't know how to be sure of. I am starting to feel better--the nighttime feeling has been fine, particularly after I stopped listening to certain things.

Upon reflection, I recollect something a recently--a credible tip from someone outside--indicating to me that Dr. Kudurogianis is not someone I should trust.

I don't trust Michael Sipser either, e.g.

I don't promise that I'm correct about that, but I don't want to mislead readers into thinking that either of the two of them are trustworthy.

-Philip White