From: gri...@somewhere.com (grinch)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: simple alarm to play a specific file
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 00:12:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: grinch - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 00:12 UTC

I need a simple alarm app that is free without ads that just does alarms
(to keep it simple) and that will run any audio file that I tell it to.

Most alarm apps only run specific alarm files that are in specific places
on the system, and most alarm apps are combination apps with timers and
stopwatches and even calendars, which adds to complexity.

All I want to set it up is the simplest interface.
Set the time, the repetition, and the file to play.
Otherwise it's too much work.

Anyone have any good simple but functional free alarm app suggestion?

Re: simple alarm to play a specific file

<ta6rnt$1dh2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=33254&group=comp.mobile.android#33254

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: simple alarm to play a specific file
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 15:48:57 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 14:48 UTC

grinch wrote:

> Anyone have any good simple but functional free alarm app suggestion?

I ran a search for "Alarm" in the FOSS Google Play Store client with the
filter set to only show apps that are free, ad free, gsf free, rated at
least 4 and with at least 10K installations.

Only four apps showed up in that search, in the following order:
1. *Radio Alarm Clock*, by Benjamin Laws
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.program_co.benradioclock>

2. *Simple Clock: Alarm, Stopwatch*, by Simple Mobile Tools
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobiletools.clock>

3. *Simple Alarm Clock*, by Yuriy Kulikov
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.better.alarm>

4. *Alarm Klock*, by Craig G
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.angrydoughnuts.android.alarmclock>

The latter two seem they might fit the requirement (upon initial inspection
anyway) where I only checked that they did one job only and that they say
they can load any audio file you want to point them to trigger with.

Let us know how it works out for you so everyone benefits from each action.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information.