From: B00z...@hotmail.com (B00ze)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: News360 No News
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 22:31:00 -0400
 by: B00ze - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 02:31 UTC

Good day.

Anyone here using News360? It was working fine up to last week, when the
news360.com domain went down (verified with IsItDownForEveryone etc).
The domain went back up the next day, but ever since, the app does not
pull any news, it tells me on the home page that I've read everything
and that there is nothing new to read. If I go directly to one of my
interests, it shows articles that are 7 days old; tomorrow they will be
8 days old.

I have emailed the devs, but no response. Re-installed the app, no go.

Thank you.
Best Regards,

--
! _\|/_ Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
! (o o) Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society

Re: News360 No News

<tatbkk$39r3q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=33334&group=comp.mobile.android#33334

From: noem...@none.com (AJL)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: News360 No News
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 20:34:45 -0700
 by: AJL - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 03:34 UTC

On 7/15/2022 7:31 PM, B00ze wrote:

> Anyone here using News360? It was working fine up to last week, when
> the news360.com domain went down (verified with IsItDownForEveryone
> etc). The domain went back up the next day, but ever since, the app
> does not pull any news, it tells me on the home page that I've read
> everything and that there is nothing new to read. If I go directly
> to one of my interests, it shows articles that are 7 days old;
> tomorrow they will be 8 days old. I have emailed the devs, but no
> response. Re-installed the app, no go.

I've never used News360 before but did a download to check. It says
there's no new stories for me and to please check back in a few hours.
My favorite Drudge app did the same thing several weeks ago and never
came back. Surprisingly it was still in the Google Play and Amazon App
stores last I checked...

Re: News360 No News

<93cbdd17-e394-073e-792e-4fd871afc937@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=33374&group=comp.mobile.android#33374

From: B00z...@hotmail.com (B00ze)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 19:38:49 -0400
 by: B00ze - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 23:38 UTC

On 2022-07-15 23:34, AJL wrote:
> On 7/15/2022 7:31 PM, B00ze wrote:
>
>> Anyone here using News360? It was working fine up to last week, when
>>  the news360.com domain went down (verified with IsItDownForEveryone
>>  etc). The domain went back up the next day, but ever since, the app
>>  does not pull any news, it tells me on the home page that I've read
>>  everything and that there is nothing new to read. If I go directly
>> to one of my interests, it shows articles that are 7 days old;
>> tomorrow they will be 8 days old. I have emailed the devs, but no
>> response. Re-installed the app, no go.
>
> I've never used News360 before but did a download to check. It says
> there's no new stories for me and to please check back in a few hours.
> My favorite Drudge app did the same thing several weeks ago and never
> came back. Surprisingly it was still in the Google Play and Amazon App
> stores last I checked...

That makes no sense, if it was THAT broken there would be a several
reviews complaining about it on the play store. It still says the same
thing to me ("no new stories please check back in a few hours") for
about 2 weeks now. I'm slowly working on adding feeds to Feedly, pretty
soon I will have no need for News360 at all...

Regards,

--
! _\|/_ Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
! (o o) Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society
oO-( )-Oo There's no government like no government.

Re: News360 No News

<tbidfh$bti3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=33381&group=comp.mobile.android#33381

From: noem...@none.com (AJL)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 20:14:57 -0700
 by: AJL - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 03:14 UTC

On 7/23/2022 4:38 PM, B00ze wrote:
> On 2022-07-15 23:34, AJL wrote:
>> On 7/15/2022 7:31 PM, B00ze wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone here using News360? It was working fine up to last week,
>>> when the news360.com domain went down (verified with
>>> IsItDownForEveryone etc). The domain went back up the next day,
>>> but ever since, the app does not pull any news, it tells me on
>>> the home page that I've read everything and that there is
>>> nothing new to read. If I go directly to one of my interests, it
>>> shows articles that are 7 days old; tomorrow they will be 8 days
>>> old. I have emailed the devs, but no response. Re-installed the
>>> app, no go.

>> I've never used News360 before but did a download to check. It says
>> there's no new stories for me and to please check back in a few
>> hours. My favorite Drudge app did the same thing several weeks ago
>> and never came back. Surprisingly it was still in the Google Play
>> and Amazon App stores last I checked...

> That makes no sense, if it was THAT broken there would be a several
> reviews complaining about it on the play store. It still says the
> same thing to me ("no new stories please check back in a few hours")
> for about 2 weeks now. I'm slowly working on adding feeds to Feedly,

Interesting timing. Earlier today before reading your post I was
cleaning up and once more tried the News360 app. Still broken here too.
So I disposed of it. It's still in the Play Store though. Maybe it's us??

> pretty soon I will have no need for News360 at all...

Lots of news apps to choose from. My favorites are Google News, Start,
Yahoo News, and Flipboard. On the tech side I like the Slashdot and Reg
Reader 2 apps.

Re: News360 No News

<tbni0b$1m4u4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=33447&group=comp.mobile.android#33447

From: B00z...@hotmail.com (B00ze)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 22:02:50 -0400
 by: B00ze - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 02:02 UTC

On 2022-07-23 23:14, AJL wrote:
> On 7/23/2022 4:38 PM, B00ze wrote:

>>> I've never used News360 before but did a download to check. It says
>>> there's no new stories for me and to please check back in a few
>>> hours. My favorite Drudge app did the same thing several weeks ago
>>> and never came back. Surprisingly it was still in the Google Play
>>> and Amazon App stores last I checked...
>
>> That makes no sense, if it was THAT broken there would be a several
>> reviews complaining about it on the play store. It still says the
>> same thing to me ("no new stories please check back in a few hours")
>> for about 2 weeks now. I'm slowly working on adding feeds to Feedly,
>
> Interesting timing. Earlier today before reading your post I was
> cleaning up and once more tried the News360 app. Still broken here too.
> So I disposed of it. It's still in the Play Store though. Maybe it's us??
>
>> pretty soon I will have no need for News360 at all...
>
> Lots of news apps to choose from. My favorites are Google News, Start,
> Yahoo News, and Flipboard. On the tech side I like the Slashdot and Reg
> Reader 2 apps.

Ahhh, Flipboard, I used to have that, thanks for reminding me, I'll go
grab it again. Feedly is quite good but I need to give it the feeds I
want one by one, and there are some feeds it cannot process as well, so
it's a lot of work to get it configured for a broad range of interests.

Regards,

--
! _\|/_ Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
! (o o) Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society
oO-( )-Oo Consciousness - the annoying time between naps.