From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: How can I add Aurora Droid to Android installer intent list?
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 07:17:44 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 06:17 UTC

How can I add Aurora Droid to Android installer intent list?

When I doubleclick on a grayed-out app, I have the option of installing via
the Aurora Store and/or F-Droid; but Aurora Droid isn't an option.

Here are some illustrative details:
1. A few orphan shortcuts resulted from the Android 11 to 12 upgrade
2. As an example, one of those orphan shortcuts is to the Planisphere app
3. Clicking that orphan shortcut knows _exactly_ what it is
4. And it knows that Planisphere isn't installed anymore
5. Luckily there is an intent option to install via Aurora Store
6. Which brings me to the 99-cent Google Play Store Planisphere page
7. If I instead choose to install via the F-Droid intent option
8. It brings me to the free F-Droid Planisphere page
9. Likewise, I could have chosen to install via the Yalp Store app
10. Or even, if it's possible, via my Application Manager app
11. But what if I wanted to install it via the Aurora Droid app?
12. How do I add Aurora Droid to the Android install intent list?

Here are screenshots illustrating the actions described above:
<https://i.postimg.cc/mkjbNygt/intent01.jpg> App is no longer installed
<https://i.postimg.cc/hPMj9cXp/intent02.jpg> Shortcut knows what it is
<https://i.postimg.cc/wMQB4d0x/intent03.jpg> App is found in Aurora Store
<https://i.postimg.cc/SNZSndPP/intent04.jpg> App is found in F-Droid
<https://i.postimg.cc/cL2dmH0M/intent05.jpg> App is found in Aurora Droid
<https://i.postimg.cc/QtpNV3Lg/intent06.jpg> App is installed from F-Droid

The Android question will take an expert to answer.

Q: Why are these in the install intent list?
Yalp Store
F-Droid
Aurora Store
App Manager (Muntashirakon)
But not this?
Aurora Droid

In summary, this thread asks HOW to add Aurora Droid to the intent list.
--
Posted to ask for advice from those around the world who know more than I
do about how Android decides which apps to put into any given intent list.