Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 06:27:25 -0500
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.theory,sci.logic,sci.math
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
Subject: Reviewers quit reviewing my work because it is now finally
irrefutable
 by: olcott - Fri, 17 Jun 2022 11:27 UTC

When a simulating halt decider rejects all inputs as non-halting
whenever it correctly detects that its correct and complete simulation
of its input would never reach the final state of this input then all
[these] inputs (including pathological inputs) are decided correctly.

*computation that halts* … the Turing machine will halt whenever it
enters a final state. (Linz:1990:234)

Linz, Peter 1990. An Introduction to Formal Languages and Automata.
Lexington/Toronto: D. C. Heath and Company. (317-320)

#include <stdint.h>
typedef void (*ptr)();

void P(ptr x)
{ if (H(x, x))
HERE: goto HERE;
return;
}

int main()
{ Output("Input_Halts = ", H(P, P));
}

_P()
[00001352](01) 55 push ebp
[00001353](02) 8bec mov ebp,esp
[00001355](03) 8b4508 mov eax,[ebp+08]
[00001358](01) 50 push eax // push P
[00001359](03) 8b4d08 mov ecx,[ebp+08]
[0000135c](01) 51 push ecx // push P
[0000135d](05) e840feffff call 000011a2 // call H
[00001362](03) 83c408 add esp,+08
[00001365](02) 85c0 test eax,eax
[00001367](02) 7402 jz 0000136b
[00001369](02) ebfe jmp 00001369
[0000136b](01) 5d pop ebp
[0000136c](01) c3 ret
Size in bytes:(0027) [0000136c]

(1) It is an easily verified fact that when we assume that H is only an
x86 emulator that the correctly emulated P never reaches its "ret"
instruction it remains stuck in repeated cycles of emulation.

(2) It is an easily verified fact that if H has been adapted to
correctly detect (in a finite number of steps) that the correct and
complete x86 emulation of its input would never each its "ret"
instruction that H could abort its emulation and return 0 to report this.

(3) When the halt status criteria is defined as correctly determining
whether or not an x86 emulated input would ever reach its "ret"
instruction then it becomes an easily verified fact H(P,P) could
correctly reject its input as non-halting.

Correct deductive inference proves that all of these things are true
without any need what-so-ever to see either the source-code or the
execution trace of H.

The one thing that is not proved is whether or not an actual encoded
H(P,P) does indeed correctly determine that its input would never reach
its "ret" instruction as a pure function of its inputs. This aspect will
be confirmed by fully operational source-code.

Halting problem undecidability and infinitely nested simulation (V5)

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/359984584_Halting_problem_undecidability_and_infinitely_nested_simulation_V5

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: Reviewers quit reviewing my work because it is now finally irrefutable

<XKZqK.196309$vAW9.2935@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=34449&group=comp.theory#34449

irrefutable
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.theory,sci.logic,sci.math
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 07:40:39 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Fri, 17 Jun 2022 11:40 UTC

On 6/17/22 7:27 AM, olcott wrote:
> When a simulating halt decider rejects all inputs as non-halting
> whenever it correctly detects that its correct and complete simulation
> of its input would never reach the final state of this input then all
> [these] inputs (including pathological inputs) are decided correctly.

But it isn't *ITS* correct and complete simulation unless it actually
DOES a correct and complete simulation which means it CAN'T abort it
simulation.

You keep ignoring this, showing your ignorance.

> *computation that halts* … the Turing machine will halt whenever it
> enters a final state. (Linz:1990:234)

Right, THE TURING MACHINE. That means the program when run as an
independent process, undisturbed by something outside it.

That is the direct call of P(P) by main.

That P(P) HALTS if H(P,P) returns 0, so that 0 can not be correct.

> Linz, Peter 1990. An Introduction to Formal Languages and Automata.
> Lexington/Toronto: D. C. Heath and Company. (317-320)
>
> #include <stdint.h>
> typedef void (*ptr)();
>
> void P(ptr x)
> {
>   if (H(x, x))
>     HERE: goto HERE;
>   return;
> }
>
> int main()
> {
>   Output("Input_Halts = ", H(P, P));
> }
>
> _P()
> [00001352](01) 55 push ebp
> [00001353](02) 8bec mov ebp,esp
> [00001355](03) 8b4508 mov eax,[ebp+08]
> [00001358](01) 50 push eax              // push P
> [00001359](03) 8b4d08 mov ecx,[ebp+08]
> [0000135c](01) 51 push ecx              // push P
> [0000135d](05) e840feffff call 000011a2 // call H
> [00001362](03) 83c408 add esp,+08
> [00001365](02) 85c0 test eax,eax
> [00001367](02) 7402 jz 0000136b
> [00001369](02) ebfe jmp 00001369
> [0000136b](01) 5d pop ebp
> [0000136c](01) c3 ret
> Size in bytes:(0027) [0000136c]
>
> (1) It is an easily verified fact that when we assume that H is only an
> x86 emulator that the correctly emulated P never reaches its "ret"
> instruction it remains stuck in repeated cycles of emulation.

Yes, if H is ONLY an x86 emulator the

> (2) It is an easily verified fact that if H has been adapted to
> correctly detect (in a finite number of steps) that the correct and
> complete x86 emulation of its input would never each its "ret"
> instruction that H could abort its emulation and return 0 to report this.

Nope, because the determination in (1) ws based on the presumption that
H was just an x86 emulator. If H is actually a Halt Decider that aborts
its simulation, it isn't just an x86 emultor. False presumption, unsound
logic.

Proving you are either an idiot or a liar.

> (3) When the halt status criteria is defined as correctly determining
> whether or not an x86 emulated input would ever reach its "ret"
> instruction then it becomes an easily verified fact H(P,P) could
> correctly reject its input as non-halting.

Right, as a CORRECT emulation of the input to the H(P,P) that aborts its
emulation and returns 0, (which isn't by H, by definition) see P(P) call
H()P,P) that H(P,P) doing its work, aborting its emulation and returning
to P and it halting, that shows that H was not correct, as the CORRECT
emulation did reach the ret instuction.

You problem is you seem to confuse your machines because you have
gaslight yourself about them. An H that aborts its simulation is NOT a
correct emulator, so you can't use it to judge its own behavior.

> Correct deductive inference proves that all of these things are true
> without any need what-so-ever to see either the source-code or the
> execution trace of H.

Only to a liar. The fact that you just repeat the claim and never
address the rebuttal that points out your errors shows that you have no
actual case to base your claims and are either totally incompetent or
are just a patholgocial liar.

> The one thing that is not proved is whether or not an actual encoded
> H(P,P) does indeed correctly determine that its input would never reach
> its "ret" instruction as a pure function of its inputs. This aspect will
> be confirmed by fully operational source-code.

You havdn't proven a lot more than that.