From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Much like Steve's FCC-coverage maps, EVERYTHING iKooks claimed about iOS releases over the years - has been wrong!
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 16:37:00 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 26 Jan 2023 16:37 UTC

https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases

Apple has _never_ even once ever fully patched an _older_ release.
*Not even once*

Only the _single_ latest release is fully patched (e.g., iOS 16).

Hence, almost everything the iKooks claimed about the supposed "longevity"
of iOS releases, is just as much made like Steve's FCC coverage maps were.

As with Steve's claims over the years, only two assessments are possible:
a. The iKooks were completely ignorant of how Apple actually updates, or,
b. They lied.

I think they were ignorant but I think Steve just lied.
What do YOU think is why iKooks were wrong all these years?

HINT: The Android & iOS patches last about the same, while Android updates
to the two dozen core components lasts far longer, as do Android update to
key default apps (such as the Safari/Chrome browser key default apps) which
essentially last nearly forever on Android - but which die with iOS.

Like Steve, you can _hate_ that we found out you were ignorant, but the
fact is we found out that you were and are ignorant of _how_ Apple updates.

Only _one_ Apple iOS/macOS release, ever, gets all the known fixed bugs.

Re: Much like Steve's FCC-coverage maps, EVERYTHING iKooks claimed about iOS releases over the years - has been wrong!

<tr0r8s$2rrdc$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2074&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2074

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:40:26 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:40 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> where Samsung unilaterally _extended_ support to most older models.
>
> they did not.

This is an important post because it elucidates the depravity of nospam.

What is wrong with your brain, nospam?
Why do you brazenly deny what everyone else already knows to be true?

Who does that?
Only fools, right?

Why nospam, do you deny that which is well known to everyone else?
*Samsung�s fantastic software update policy will soon welcome new members*
<https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s23-series-four-years-android-os-upgrades/>
Last updated: January 25th, 2023 at 15:16 UTC+01:00

Do you never read the news, nospam?
Do you know absolutely _nothing_ about Samsung updates, nospam?

It's OK that you're ignorant - but then why are you so _confident_ when you
deny facts that everyone who does read the news already knows, nospam?

Who does that?

It seems you outright deny anything that you simply don't happen to like.
"[In 2023, Samsung] even extended the new long term update promise
to devices launched in 2021."

Will you now admit you are wrong, nospam?

*You have all the confidence in the world in your own ignorance*,
*nospam, but now that you've been shown to be wrong, do you own*
*the confidence to admit it?*

That's an important question which _defines_ your character, nospam.

Rest assured, my facts are never wrong(1), and your statements almost
always are, because I'm held to a standard of truth and credibility.

You don't give a shit about your credibility, nospam.
You simply deny any fact that you simply don't like.

Like you just did.

Will you ever admit that you're wrong, nospam?
*Updating the "wrong - by badgolferman" thread from May 29, 2019*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/Pg9fi_sV3CU/m/SxefvG-lAAAJ>
--
(1) Bear in mind I can make a mistake - but I don't say facts without
already having read the references and _understanding_ what they say.

Re: Much like Steve's FCC-coverage maps, EVERYTHING iKooks claimed about iOS releases over the years - has been wrong!

<um4g5o$1l7sg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3454&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3454

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 13:14:31 -0400
 by: Wally J - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 17:14 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote

>> There isn't anyone intelligent in racing circuits who doesn't know the
>> significance of the catenary in terms of teaching basic racing skills.
>
> I�m not a racer, but I would guess it has something to do with calculating
> how to enter and exit a curve. As a motorcycle rider there are some very
> fine points of curve management one must learn to handle their bike safely.

Hi badgolferman,

This is a seminal discussion which shows what the iKooks really are
and which needs to be in the public record for future generations.

Exactly. This is why I've never considered you (or Ant or Steve, et al.) an
iKook but why _everyone_ knows that Alan Baker, for one, is an iKook.

You have the cognitive ability to comprehend that physical forces are the
same in all directions, particularly the forces that suspend a bridge are
the same forces that act upon a motorcycle navigating a curve at speed.

As an aside (owning a K1200 myself as I believe you have a Gold Wing), it
mostly applies in racing circuits (as the real world has opposing traffic).

It's likely that Alan Baker, even after furiously searching for the
definition, found mostly equidistant suspension bridging references, and
yet, since he lacks any education in Calculus or Physics, he can't relate
the vertical directional forces with the same horizontally directed forces.

Worse, while he claims to own a BMW, he's ignorant of the most basic of the
terms used for bimmers and beemers alike, which means his mind is on off.

Likewise, he claims to "teach racing" and yet he's likely never heard of a
catenary, which, let's be clear, would be discussed in any racing circuit
(other than straight-line drag racing perhaps, as no curves are involved).

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

The point of bringing up the catenary or the metric tensor or Christoffel
symbols or even Dunning Kruger effects isn't so much what they are - but
that the iKooks are ignorant of them and yet they form strong opinions.

Jolly Roger thinks he's an iKook because "we disagree" but that's yet
another trait of the iKook to completely misunderstand the obvious.

He's an iKook not because we disagree - but because he strongly believes in
things which he's completely ignorant of - for example, Jolly Roger
repeatedly claims Apple fully patches older releases - when Apple doesn't.

Sure. We disagree. But my disagreement is based on Apple's own words.
His belief system is based on absolutely no facts whatsoever that matter.

Apple says they do not fully patch older releases.
Jolly Roger says they do.
In fact, he's sure of it.

Simply because Apple fixed a bug or two in an older release.
That's full "proof" to Jolly Roger that Apple fully patches older releases!

No fact can or will sway Jolly Roger from his purely imaginary beliefs.

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

Not only do the iKooks lack that cognitive ability, badgolferman, but they
form strong opinions that all science is "dubious" simply because they
a. are ignorant of it...
b. because they're uneducated...
c. as a result of their low IQ

It's why the iKooks can't put together that Apple's variant excuses for
removing basic functionality is because Apple wants to them to buy it back.

Instead of putting things together, as you just did (and as most normal
adults would do), they accept Apple's individual explanations (e.g., "it's
courageous") because it's much simpler for them to accept a direct excuse.

The whole point of this thread is to point out what iKooks really are.

My main point about the iKooks is simply that they form strong opinions
about things that they spend absolutely no energy actually understanding.

Alan Browne, for example, repeatedly claims there is no walled garden
simply because he's completely ignorant that he's logging into it.

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

This is a classic Dunning-Kruger first quartile trait, where they are so
confident of their assessments that they don't realize how wrong they are.

It's what I'm trying to patiently explain to Hemidactylus, who deprecated
the Dunning-Kruger graphs, where I fit into those same graphs as do you.

The difference is that I _understand_ what Dunning-Kruger papers explained.

It's the same with the catenary where, by now, Alan Baker has probably
furiously googled enough to find that it's a well-taught well-discussed
term in racing (particularly in motorcycle racing, as you've surmised).

Yet, he's likely never heard of it nor, more importantly, since ignorance
can be cured, he doesn't understand that it's an extremely important fact.

Just as nospam can't stand that he was ignorant that iOS doesn't have any
app store apps that graphically show wi-fi signal strength over time,
they'll make a childish kindergarten excuse for why they lack knowledge.

In nospam's case, that childish excuse is he'll repeatedly claim that apps
exist - and yet - when asked to "name just one" - he's never once named it.

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

It's the same with Hemidactylus claiming the D-K is a weapon when everyone
fits into the D-K graphs - yes - everyone - including you and including me.

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

The iKooks don't even realize _why_ they're iKooks, badgolferman.

But they prove it whenever the only way they can deal with facts that
they're ignorant of, like Alan Browne did, is to call people an 'it'.

Do you know why Alan Browne calls people dealing with facts an 'it'?
I do.

HINT: If he negates the person, he feels he's negated all the facts too.
--
How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?