Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 16:05:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: New Plan for IP Sale: Nash equilibrium solver
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 23:05 UTC

Hi everyone,

In the past, I found a really good PTIME mixed-strategy Nash equilibrium finder for payoff-matrix-form games. I sort of announced it on here.

Since that idea is easier to code than the compiler algorithm, and since I realized that "selling the cookie dough" might be more lucrative if I don't have the business training to bake the best cookies myself, so to speak, I realized that I might want to sell the Nash equilibrium idea instead, since I wouldn't need to securely encrypt the idea to protect my other related ideas as I would need to if publishing the linear-time compiler idea.

It's basically a question of how much money I could make from my first big project before I get financially secure and proceed to other projects. I figured I could sell my compiler for $550 x 115,500, the same price and quantity supplied of Microsoft Visual Studio. I don't know who exactly needs game theory software or how I could price it if I sold it myself--I could easily host it on an internet website and sell annual licenses--and I don't know how many customers I could get. The idea is surely saleable, though, even if I couldn't patent it; any firm with the right kind of business smarts could keep the source code secret and start a website just like I could, and I could do a 0KP demonstration of the idea upon request if desired by a prospectively purchasing firm.

I would tend to suspect that a lot of investing firms and corporate strategy departments might be interested in purchasing software like this; I suspect it would be more useful and popular than Microsoft Visual Studio to software firms, so even if it isn't patentable (it might not be), it should still be worth at least $70 million if I sold it to a firm with good business and marketing smarts that might know how to sell my idea.

Also, my game theory software is the easiest to code without a compiler, since I don't need security features. I'll probably start coding it tomorrow..

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)