From: StendeJ...@nospam.net (Sten deJoode)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: microsoft bests apple as most valuable company
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 21:06:17 -0500
 by: Sten deJoode - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 02:06 UTC

On 5 Feb 2024 01:15:12 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> The great majority of people do not want to change from the O/S that
> they're familiar with. Companies buy Windows machines because that's
> what they've always used. IBM got the companies started with Microsoft,
> and when the employees bought a computer for themselves, they chose
> Microsoft O/S, because that's what they were familiar with.
> Independent developers developed their specialty software for the
> vast majority of companies that had bought into Microsoft. Computer
> companies made cheap hardware to accommodate Microsoft O/S.
> My boss bought Apple. I familiarized myself with Linux in the Nineties,
> but when OS X came out, why bother with Linux?
> iPhones brought Apple to the masses. A percentage of the masses are
> seeing the benefits of Apple products. That's good.
> I like that Windows is the O/S of most companies and the majority of
> ordinary users. Malware keys on them, because that's where the money is.
> To each, their own.

> Malware keys on them

All you Apple nutjobs are living in the past from very long ago.

It used to be iOS had fewer zero-day holes than Android, and even fewer
exploits in the wild (which Apple never admits but the government publishes
them so you have to be living more than five years in the past to NOT know
that iOS always has twice the number of zero-days as Android, and lately
iOS has had three times the number of zero-days as Android).

*But what's worse are the exploits.*
*Oh... those Apple exploits!*

iOS has had _ten times_ more exploits in the wild for four years running!
<https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog>

None of you Apple nutjobs know the figures from today because you're all
living in the past - but worse - you don't even know _why_ this happened.

None of you Apple nutjobs understands what's _different_ about iOS that
it's not only filled with holes like Swiss Cheese (mostly webkit & the
kernel to give you an idea of where the problems are) but also none of you
nutjobs understand why iOS is exploited over ten times more than Android.

Think before you respond - and don't respond without looking it up first.

Re: microsoft bests apple as most valuable company

<uppkik$1bv4b$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3514&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3514

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 03:27:16 -0000 (UTC)
<uppfqo$1q31t$1@paganini.bofh.team>
 by: badgolferman - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 03:27 UTC

Sten deJoode <StendeJood@nospam.net> wrote:
> On 5 Feb 2024 01:15:12 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>
>> The great majority of people do not want to change from the O/S that
>> they're familiar with. Companies buy Windows machines because that's
>> what they've always used. IBM got the companies started with Microsoft,
>> and when the employees bought a computer for themselves, they chose
>> Microsoft O/S, because that's what they were familiar with.
>> Independent developers developed their specialty software for the
>> vast majority of companies that had bought into Microsoft. Computer
>> companies made cheap hardware to accommodate Microsoft O/S.
>> My boss bought Apple. I familiarized myself with Linux in the Nineties,
>> but when OS X came out, why bother with Linux?
>> iPhones brought Apple to the masses. A percentage of the masses are
>> seeing the benefits of Apple products. That's good.
>> I like that Windows is the O/S of most companies and the majority of
>> ordinary users. Malware keys on them, because that's where the money is.
>> To each, their own.
>
>> Malware keys on them
>
> All you Apple nutjobs are living in the past from very long ago.
>
> It used to be iOS had fewer zero-day holes than Android, and even fewer
> exploits in the wild (which Apple never admits but the government publishes
> them so you have to be living more than five years in the past to NOT know
> that iOS always has twice the number of zero-days as Android, and lately
> iOS has had three times the number of zero-days as Android).
>
> *But what's worse are the exploits.*
> *Oh... those Apple exploits!*
>
> iOS has had _ten times_ more exploits in the wild for four years running!
> <https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog>
>
> None of you Apple nutjobs know the figures from today because you're all
> living in the past - but worse - you don't even know _why_ this happened.
>
> None of you Apple nutjobs understands what's _different_ about iOS that
> it's not only filled with holes like Swiss Cheese (mostly webkit & the
> kernel to give you an idea of where the problems are) but also none of you
> nutjobs understand why iOS is exploited over ten times more than Android.
>
> Think before you respond - and don't respond without looking it up first.

Let me guess… Apple doesn’t test their stuff.

That’s what Arlen has been saying forever.

Re: microsoft bests apple as most valuable company

<uppnsk$56du$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3515&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3515

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 20:23:47 -0800
 by: Alan - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 04:23 UTC

On 2024-02-04 19:27, badgolferman wrote:
> Sten deJoode <StendeJood@nospam.net> wrote:
>> On 5 Feb 2024 01:15:12 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>>
>>> The great majority of people do not want to change from the O/S that
>>> they're familiar with. Companies buy Windows machines because that's
>>> what they've always used. IBM got the companies started with Microsoft,
>>> and when the employees bought a computer for themselves, they chose
>>> Microsoft O/S, because that's what they were familiar with.
>>> Independent developers developed their specialty software for the
>>> vast majority of companies that had bought into Microsoft. Computer
>>> companies made cheap hardware to accommodate Microsoft O/S.
>>> My boss bought Apple. I familiarized myself with Linux in the Nineties,
>>> but when OS X came out, why bother with Linux?
>>> iPhones brought Apple to the masses. A percentage of the masses are
>>> seeing the benefits of Apple products. That's good.
>>> I like that Windows is the O/S of most companies and the majority of
>>> ordinary users. Malware keys on them, because that's where the money is.
>>> To each, their own.
>>
>>> Malware keys on them
>>
>> All you Apple nutjobs are living in the past from very long ago.
>>
>> It used to be iOS had fewer zero-day holes than Android, and even fewer
>> exploits in the wild (which Apple never admits but the government publishes
>> them so you have to be living more than five years in the past to NOT know
>> that iOS always has twice the number of zero-days as Android, and lately
>> iOS has had three times the number of zero-days as Android).
>>
>> *But what's worse are the exploits.*
>> *Oh... those Apple exploits!*
>>
>> iOS has had _ten times_ more exploits in the wild for four years running!
>> <https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog>
>>
>> None of you Apple nutjobs know the figures from today because you're all
>> living in the past - but worse - you don't even know _why_ this happened.
>>
>> None of you Apple nutjobs understands what's _different_ about iOS that
>> it's not only filled with holes like Swiss Cheese (mostly webkit & the
>> kernel to give you an idea of where the problems are) but also none of you
>> nutjobs understand why iOS is exploited over ten times more than Android.
>>
>> Think before you respond - and don't respond without looking it up first.
>>

> Let me guess… Apple doesn’t test their stuff.
>
> That’s what Arlen has been saying forever.

Weird, huh?

🤪